I-55 Raceway Improvements???

m00se

a.k.a. MOJO
IS RAY AND KENNY STILL PLANNING ON DOING ALL THE IMPROVEMENTS(NEW RESTROOMS, NEW SEATING, NEW LIGHTS, ETC) THAT THEY WHERE TALKING ABOUT LAST YEAR????

It all isn't going to get done over one winter.

For instance the lights, you can't just put up new poles and new lights, the electric company has to bring in a new 3-phase electric system to the track (which isn't cheap). Then you do all the lights.

But I'm sure it will all get done in short time...Just be patient.

If the chain link fence on the front stretch was painted flat black, it would reduce the glare from the lights, making it better for the fans to see the action.

just a suggestion.

I would like to see bigger and better bathrooms i9n the outside pit area, and a portable toilet at the pit gate. Other than that, removing the inside wall and making room to pit everyone out side would be nice, would definately cut down on cautions, and give us a place to go to avoid other peoples wrecks. I know that will most likely never happen, but it is what I would like to see.

I WAS JUST WONDERING BECAUSE OVER THE SUMMER THERE SEEMED TO BE ALL THESE IMPROVEMENTS SAID TO BE DONE OVER THE WINTER AND I WAS JUST WANTING TO KNOW IF THEY WERE GOING TO DO ANY OF THEM!!!I REALLY DON'T THINK THE LIGHTS AND THE SEATS ARE THAT IMPORTANT BUT SOME NEW RESTROOMS WOULD BE NICE!!!!

Dean

But Dean Honey I thought the outter wall was your worst enemy..... :rolleyes: Well outside of me :eek: Happy Holidays..
Lisa ;)

Parts failures and mental errors have caused most racers to fight with the outer walls every where, me included.

Hey Dean,
Are you going to race next year on different race tracks.

:) Justin "Wildman" Franks #32F

I hope I don't affend anyone by saying this, but who cares about the bathrooms. I don't go to the races and worry about if the restrooms are nice. What do you guys want, a man holding a towel or perfume to spray your butt or wang when your done. Get in, do your business and get out. Use that money to make saver grandstands, new lights or something to do to make racing there evening better. To me I-55 Raceway is the best track around but some people have to complain about something. Forget the restrooms and take a crap and wiz before you get to the track.

I have not made any deffinate decisions on what tracks I will visit on what dates. We at Motsinger Motorsports are currently working with next years sponsors, and will not know where it will best serve our interest to race until we see who sings and for how much. My main decision is between I-55 on saturday, and somewhere on friday, or Poplar Bluff on saturday and somewhere on friday. Thanks for your interest.

About the bathrooms, the grandstands at I-55 have very nice facilities, and the infield has more than enough tmeporary units, I was refering to the outside pit area only. Not all racers have the funding to purchase large Toterhomes with built in facilities. More power and a nice hot shower for those that do, but we don't all need to buy them.

I know this was a last years post , but are they still planning on making these improvements?there was talk about tearing down the old bathrooms and concessions in turn 3&4 and putting up a tower and new bathrooms.and adding a new light pole likke they had at the world of outlaws in april .

new tower is still in the plans ray said but he said with the fire code they will now hav to install sprinklers and that will b like$50 grand extra!!!

Dean said:
I would like to see bigger and better bathrooms i9n the outside pit area, and a portable toilet at the pit gate. Other than that, removing the inside wall and making room to pit everyone out side would be nice, would definately cut down on cautions, and give us a place to go to avoid other peoples wrecks. I know that will most likely never happen, but it is what I would like to see.

Gotta agree with Dean on the inside wall. They're not painting any ads on it like in past years, so it's not like they'd be losing revenue. Plus it would improve sightlines for the fans.

Dixon Fan said:
I hope I don't affend anyone by saying this, but who cares about the bathrooms. I don't go to the races and worry about if the restrooms are nice. .

On the one hand I'd agree with you Dixon Fan--anyone remember the old turn 2 bathroom at Godfrey? The freaking urinals leaked urine on your feet. :eek: I'll take the port-a-poties at I-55 over that anyday. :rolleyes:

The issue is that those of us who are male have a slightly lower standard for restrooms than the other half. It has to do with anatomy. :D Would you want to sit on the toilet seat at most race tracks? :eek: I know I sure as h--l wouldn't.

Back