Issues for the Next RAMS Meeting

Wheel21

Modified Racer
Besides putting my vote in for Wolf :D :D :D I'd like to discuss atleast one other issue if not two.

#1...Will Doe Run ministocks be able to collect points for their finishing spots.
Personally I think if you are:
A. A PAID RAMS MEMBER
B. Within RAMS RULES
C. Your Car/Truck as been inspected by a RAMS TECH

Then it should be accepted. Our rules are close enough that the promotors should not have to agree to "THE RAMS RULES". As long as YOU are within RAMS rules. Which Doe Run Rules allow a driver to still be within RAMS rules.
And don't rush and say No to this because what if MCS changes the ministock rules a bit next week and they no longer match RAMS Rules to a "T" like DRR. Then that would be a NO for MCS ministock guys also.

I want to know because it will be my deciding factor whether I'm a RAMS member next year or not.

#2. Point System
I think we should do away with dash points because not all of the tracks run dashes for the ministock...DRR, MCS, SFCR.

And I also like the Idea that Kenny Harris mentioned about setting up a Points Bracket per car count. I've made an example up but not saying it will work or if everyone would even want it.. Just something for us to think about and DISCUSS IN A FRIENDLY MANNER..

Show Up Points = 15 points

Heats
1 - 8 pts
2 - 6 pts
3 - 4 pts
4 - 2 pts no change from what we've done in the past

NO DASH POINTS

FEATURE Points

Car Count 15 - Up
Position Points Awarded
1 60
2 57
3 54
4 52
5 50
6 48
7 46
8 44
9 42
10 40
11 38
12 36
13 34
14 32
15 30
16 28
17 28
18 28
19 28
20 28

10 -14
Points Awarded
1 55
2 52
3 50
4 48
5 46
6 44
7 42
8 40
9 38
10 36
11 34
12 32
13 30
14 28

9 - Under
Points Awarded
1 45
2 42
3 40
4 38
5 36
6 34
7 32
8 30
9 28

B Feature Points for Non - Transfers 25 Points

THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE AS I STATED BEFORE

But you'd get points for whatever the car count is for what track you happened to have ran that night. Or we could just leave it with one point system and a track with 6 cars will have a better advantage with points..But that's why this is a majority votes..

I have made some nice Spreadsheets to keep track of points by Year, Weekly and by Track, and how the point system is broke down that can be kept throughout the year also. But I'd have to show you in person. It would be a nice way to have everything on record.

This is just for suggestions and to get the ball rolling and minds thinking...

Wheel, You have some very GOOD points there. Hope everyone will agree to them and maybe this will help the RAMS organization to grow back to what it once was. I agree with you 100%. The"Hustler"

wheel some good ideals... yes as far doe run rules the totally meet the rules by what kenny has said that the door plate and lug nut will be manidtory in 2 years I belive.(I talked with Bob last nite about mini stock rules. He said the only changes for 2005 would be #1 door plate manditory #2 1" lug nuts optional in 2005 and manditory in 2006 #3 after market noses optional. The pitpass price will go to $25 in 2005 with $2 of every pitpass going to a drivers point fund. Bob is working on a few other deals to try to get a good points payout for all classes. Portion of 50/50 going to the fund with DRR doing some 50/50 drawings of their own to help with this fund. Bob is hoping to have approx. $6-$10,000 in the points fund to destribute to all classes at the end of the season.The head rule may be rewrote as to say " No porting or polishing of head" for trying to police all the differ valve sizes is going to be difficult to keep up with..Way to go to everyone in 2004 and get-r-done for 2005. See you all at the banquet. The"Hustler")

The only real differences in rules now are with the aftermarket intakes and rear weight jack bolts/extra springs on rear of the RAMS vehicles. The best of my knowledge says that I only recall of 2 cars with these add ons. The"Hustler"

Points, how do the UMP tracks award points? Seems to me that with different points for different car counts could allow for some uh...... manipulated situations. I'm looking to join, how do I get a membership? Wilbur

Wheel21 said:
Besides putting my vote in for Wolf :D :D :D I'd like to discuss atleast one other issue if not two.

#1...Will Doe Run ministocks be able to collect points for their finishing spots.
Personally I think if you are:
A. A PAID RAMS MEMBER
B. Within RAMS RULES
C. Your Car/Truck as been inspected by a RAMS TECH

Then it should be accepted. Our rules are close enough that the promotors should not have to agree to "THE RAMS RULES".

Bill, After the election, You, I, and EVERY MEMBER will decide
this matter, as well as every other decision made regarding the Rams Assn.
As for your plan, I love it, can't see anything (Mr.) Negative about it. :D :D
Now, bring it to the meeting & sell it. :D :D :D Really, I think everyone will agree with it...

Bill

As i told you in my PM to you, i think you are dead on to what this organization should do. Your points are well thought out and if everyone agrees, will work !!!! See you at the meeting ! LD

Like I Said Before, Suggestion And Proposals For Change Should Be Well Thought Out And Outlined When Presented. That Seems To Be Just What Wheel21 Has Done. As Can Be Seen, The Reaction Is A Lot Better Than When Something Is Thrown Out There On A Whim. J/m/o

Bill, After the election, You, I, and EVERY MEMBER will decide
this matter, as well as every other decision made regarding the Rams Assn.
As for your plan, I love it, can't see anything (Mr.) Negative about it. :D :D
Now, bring it to the meeting & sell it. :D :D :D Really, I think everyone will agree with it...
[/QUOTE]

Well if at least the 1st issue isn't discussed then I'm not paying my membership for 2005 until it is discussed and since dues are due on the 1st of the year to the best of my knowledge then it sounds important enough to discuss in December because come January I don't have a vote on the issue because my membership is expired. Or am I wrong about something I just said.

I'm sure it will work out but I just want to know before i pay.

My first sentence may just well be the longest sentence in the world..hehe

cheapskate :D :D :D there is one glitch I see wheel... I'm not much on a ump thing but does ump points go by car count? if any body knows let me know... there is no reason to punish MCS for have only twelve cars (example only) there first year as a full time class... plus that would make it diffucult to keep the standing in order (example) Bill got first umm but how many cars was there? then would the points go to how many car started the race or paid there money at the gate? boy I wouldn't want to be in charge of the pionts standing then :eek: :eek: :eek:

I just threw the points thing out there because Kenny mentioned it. I said it may and may not work.

I'm not concerned about how UMP does their points just how the RAMS do it.

Maybe it could be broken down into 2 point systems and drop the 0 - 9 and split the difference to say 0 - 13 and 14 and above. And it wouldn't be hard to keep track of because I have made the data base to handle it. And if you think it could be wishy washy then you'd be wrong because it would be in hard copy on file and ready for anyone to see at any time. And I'd say you go by the car count that started the feature. You got to be in the feature to get any points. But I understand where you are coming from. This points thing isn't even a big issue to me. I just threw it out there to see what the responses would be.. But just as it isn't fair to MCS to be pentilized, it's the same to a guy who finishes 3rd out of 18 at DRR compared to someone running with a car count of 6 and winning. But then we all have a choice to run where ever it would be best for us. For me I'd like to earn every point I get..No hand outs here. hehe

And I didn't mean to sound threatening on my last post.. We don't have to discuss the Doe Run deal in December..it's just my plan to run DRR and if my points are good then I'm more than happy to pay my $25 to the RAMS..If not then I'll save my $25.

Nickelson for President? hehe

I think Bill has a good idea. It would keep someone from cherry picking(no disrespect by this) their way to a championship. But this is just my opinion.

Who is gonna keep track of the points? Different point scales will only further complicate things. Whats next, different point scales for different track conditions? How about an extra ten points for everyone who runs their feature on a dryslick track?

what I have saw at different tracks they give x number of points for showing up say 20 then they give 1 pt for every car that started the night. 10 cars 1st place gets 30 just thought I would throw that out but it is basically the same thing as bill

Bill you have a good point but the thing I would think about is if there were only 6 cars at a specific track and got the same points as a track with 15 cars, then the track with 6 would not have 6 for very long. you would be guarenteed at least a 6th place finish, that would attract more cars to that track to collect those points. It would eventually even out to where those tracks would have the same car count.

Yep

duckhunter330 said:
Bill you have a good point but the thing I would think about is if there were only 6 cars at a specific track and got the same points as a track with 15 cars, then the track with 6 would not have 6 for very long. you would be guarenteed at least a 6th place finish, that would attract more cars to that track to collect those points. It would eventually even out to where those tracks would have the same car count.
I'll agree with that.

duckhunter330 said:
YEP that would work itself out in the end good ideal duck (you should have stayed on for PREZ) DUCK FOR PREZ 2005 season :D :D :D

Wheel21 said:
And I didn't mean to sound threatening on my last post.. We don't have to discuss the Doe Run deal in December..it's just my plan to run DRR and if my points are good then I'm more than happy to pay my $25 to the RAMS..If not then I'll save my $25.

WHEEL I also wanted to say thanks for all your input you are always able to discuss topics without loseing your top :D and plus your one of the few that will argue FORD vs CHEVY and still have fun at it!

PS hope you like looking at MII tail lights :p :p :p

Back