Jim Shereck wins at Montgomery

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Shereck took the win at Montgomery in the UMP Modified division.

That's all I know for now.

:( Well I heard that Mel Lost another latemodel driver last night. Denny Woodworth packed it up after the dash last night .He was having problems with gettin his car to run right and said the track was very rough. He said he won't be coming back. I did hear that keith pratt won the feature for latemodels. I think Mel is now going to end up losing more latemodels with nothing is being done to work on the track and gettin more cars. well will see if Denny changes his mind and comes back but for right now it is a no :(

Wow! What in the dogs crap is going on over there? It amazes me that these guys are even getting paid, or are they? :confused: I hate to see any track with such poor turnouts, especially in latemodels, but something has to be done. This is just a suggestion, that's all, what about eliminating the latemodels and possibly bringing in another class? :confused: Again, just a thought. :rolleyes:

Not sure who it was but last night out here at CMS in Warrensburg, MO, the announcer said that there was a modified driver here from New Florence, MO, not sure what's going on at MCS but it sounds like people are jumping ship? That's a shame as MCS seems to be nice track. A lot "traveling" modifieds are coming to CMS lately, weekly payoff for mods is 1K to win, and down in 100 dollar increments to about 10th place, on to the end of the field of 24. There are cars coming from Fulton as well, Gary Blackburn from there has been super quick. Next week there is a special race for 2K to win, maybe we'll inherit more traveling cars. The first week there were over 70 mods, it has since went down but car count is usually around 40 for a regular show. It usually takes at least 5 or 6 heats and two B-mains to get the field of 24 starters. MCS is 2 hours or so from Warrensburg.

Ive Been Driving For Ad Mcowen Out Of Urbana Mo And We Just Kind Of Travel Around.i Go Where He Wants To Run.if I Had My Choice I Would Run Mont City,i Think Mel Does A Good Job Maybe Everyone Should Get Together At The Drivers Meeting To Set Up A Time To Talk To Mel About There Problems,putting Posts On The Internet Are Not Going To Do Any Body Any Good.we Plan On Running There Next Sunday. Ps.montgomerys Track Is Like Hwy 70 Compared To Cms.

Lance, you are causing quite a stir among "the click" at the 'Burg, please stay racing there, you are bad fast and definitely have what it takes to shake things up. I think it's cool that a "UMP Land" guy is coming clear out here. Hopefully I'll be able to stop by the pits one night you're there to meet you. I hope you at least run the 2K and 3K to win races at the 'Burg???

MCS was dry slick after hot laps and got worse after that. I am one that thinks the track has alot of class, but if there is not more than one grove to race in real soon I wont be back. GRADE OFF THE BLACK FROM THE WEEK BEFORE. dont just pull the cushion down and water it.

True fans dont like to see a follow the leader race .

I have been noticing a few of the MCS/St.Louis area racers are making the trek out to Callaway/Fulton quite a bit too. Null, Rayfield, Hobson and Creason have all made appearances there. Haven't seen Mel in the pits there yet this year like I did last year. Seemed like he was there quite a bit last year. I don't know what to think about the car count falling off at MCS. I haven't been over there yet this year. Just haven't got the time to go racing two nights a week this year. Sounds like there must be some problems. Hope he can get things going his way again soon. Wonder where all those Saturday night racers from Capital went to? I was looking at the Lake Ozark results and recognize a few regular Capital names there but not all of them.

I think Mel has really screwed himself this weekend. The Brid (flagman) quit. Mel wants to have 2 men who know how to flag. Which is fine in case of an emgerance happens. You don't have one flag one weekend and one flag the other. The drivers like The Brid and quite a few are very upset that he is not flaging. I'm sure some will go else where to race cause the guy that will be flaging can't flag.

SamIam67 said:
Lance, you are causing quite a stir among "the click" at the 'Burg, please stay racing there, you are bad fast and definitely have what it takes to shake things up. I think it's cool that a "UMP Land" guy is coming clear out here. Hopefully I'll be able to stop by the pits one night you're there to meet you. I hope you at least run the 2K and 3K to win races at the 'Burg???

I think he made a couple just plain mad from what I was told. It doesn't matter whether anything is done intentionally or not there are a couple of Kansas City cars that will retaliate after the first offense. Actually their quote was, "I don't know who it was but he hit me for the first and last time." Of course there are others (from the more remote areas like Warrensburg/Knob Noster) that will grind till the wheels fall of, but that is another story. CMS was pretty rough the last couple of weeks, but this weekend it wasn't that bad. No reason for all the cars to be dropping out. From what I hear the old tracks at Marshall and the origional Lake of the Ozarks speedway (Camdenton) were much worse. Even in Kansas City a real smooth slick track was almost despised up until the closing of the last old dirt tracks in '88.

Was at the track sat night. There was a hole going into 1, just like I55 ,St Charles etc. have all had. You could run below it or above it. The track did black up but Sherek won his race by passing on the outside as well as did Kneemiller. To many guys think its black,I got to stay on the bottom which ends up follow the leader.get up there and try it those guys did as well as a few others and they passed cars.

I hope Denny reconsiders leaving MCS. He runs hard every week. Yeah, I agree the track was dry and slick right off the get go Sat. night. The rut in the lower groove in turn one that really dried out did'nt help either. Hated to see the wreck near the end of the LM race. Pratt's car was tore up sheet metal wise but he still made it across the line in first. For being eight cars in the feature, it was a good race. It will be interesting to see what the crowd will be like this weekend. They will probably have a bigger crowd Sun. with hopefully alot of the I-55 LM'S coming over. Sat. night, who knows?

Back