Kurt Busch-Nextel Champ!

PITDRIFTER

Motorsports
I'm Not A Fan Of His. But, With What He And His Team Over Came Today They Deserve It.

All Wrong

Well Nascar really screwed this one up the worst of the year.

There great new points system just gave the title to the biggest P****
that they have..

I new I didn't like the system and this proves why. I turned off the race after the checked flag did want to hear the P**** run off his mouth.

This is the way it should have been
The 'OLD' Points Standings:
using the old points standings
[The Jayski Cup?]
(after Homestead)

pos driver behind
1 Gordon 5042
2 Johnson 4995
3 Earnhardt Jr. 4869
4 Busch 4795
5 Stewart 4701
6 Martin 4597
7 McMurray 4597
8 Kenseth 4376
9 Newman 4361
10 Sadler 4315

Nascar really screwed this up

CHEWIN_DIRT said:
Someone needs to get rid of Wally Dallenbach.......maybe Jimmy Spencer can take care of him, too!
YEAH, WALLY DOESN'T BRING MUCH FLARE TO THE BOOTH. THE EXEC'S NEED TO REALIZE VOICE IS AN IMPORTANT THING IN ANNOUNCING. NOT JUST KNOWLEDGE. OF COURSE THEY'D NEED SOME BACK UP MOUNTAIN DEW CARS IF MR. EXCITEMENT TAKES THE WHEEL...... :D

Way to go Kurt!

You've got to admit it, the NASCAR Championship was exciting down to the last lap!! Way to go Kurt Busch, you the man!!!
Oh yea, midget racer when your ready to jump off of the Jr. bandwagon let me know and we'll get the little guy fitted with some new Kurt Busch 2004 NASCAR Champion stuff. ;)

I dont know how Nascar totally screwed up this year by doin the points like this racersedge. Its been the most exciting season finally in the last 10 years to me. 5 guys going into the last race within 100 points, now if thats not exciting i dont know what is. 3 guys finishing within 16 points, thats a lot better then in many other years when the champ had clinched the championship before the last race. It was the most interesting season ever!! I dont agree with all the other calls this year but the points made the most interesting season to me!! Congrats to Kurt and to Biffle!!

Justrunem14

I really Homesteads track....one of the better on the whole circuit. I would definitely have to agree with Doug!

So did kurt deserve it today? not in my opinion

Sure he went through stuff today but so did everyone else in the top 5.

I sure hope they get a different point system after next year.

Ramlus said:
So did kurt deserve it today? not in my opinion

Sure he went through stuff today but so did everyone else in the top 5.

I sure hope they get a different point system after next year.
YES THE OTHERS IN THE CHASE HAD ADVERSE THINGS TO OVER COME. BUT, A WHEEL FALLING OFF YOUR CAR ISN'T THAT COMMON AT THIS LEVEL. GOING TO THE BACK TWICE AND COMING UP TO WHERE HE FINISHED ??? LIKE I SAID, I'M NOT A FAN OF HIS BUT I'M GIVING CREDIT WHERE ITS DUE!

2003 The most consistant team won, and once again the most consistant team over the last ten races won. Two years in a row that the guy winning the most races did not win the championship. Kurt Bush has made some bonehead moves but he kept his cool and deserves the title.

cant stand the little weasel myself,but i have to say they did have a good battle and overcame diversity more the once during the chase to claim the title.
gonna be kinda funny seeing the NEXTEL CUP CHAMP booed at every track next year.

Back