Lapped cars

duckhunter330

Steve "Duck" LaGarce
I was wanting to get everyones opinion on lapped cars on restarts. Where do you think they belong? From time to time I am also a lapped car and I believe a lapped car belongs in the back on a restart. Lapped cars cause alot of trouble for the faster cars. Sometimes even taking them out. I learned this Saturday night. I am also a little upset about slower cars driving way over their heads when it is clear their cars/trucks have handling problems. This is not a demolition derby folks. There is no reason we cant race clean. I can understand a little bumping or rubbing. But to deliberatly take someone out is uncalled for. I am just voicing my opinion, and I am sure I have done my share of rubbing. Also if you are guilty of this please be a man and confront the person you took out and talk about it. An "I'm sorry goes along way". :D

Your right.

duckhunter330 said:
There is no reason we cant race clean. I agree Steve, but when I mention that I'm a cry baby. The beatin and banging, chop blocks, run you up to the wall style of driving eventually catch up with them. :rolleyes:

i hate it when they are fighting for postion with the leaders,causes alot of crazy driving-i would say put them on the back.when i started racing i was one of them "lapped" cars,and it wouldn't of pissed me off to go to the back.after some of the driving i saw this weekend,i hope a few of you get what's coming to you.and as for next friday i have decided not to race at the rock,due to the bad calls that i received on the final caution of the race.i was taken from the 4th spot to the 5th spot,even after staying low and telling them the line up wasn't right.and before anyone tries to conflict this story,i have it on tape so save you oxygen-point is billy said"if you don't like my calls,there is other tracks" .i'm tired of having a mud bath track to run in,and tired of having to race with bumpers,shocks,exhust,and other various crap on the track-what really pisses me off is when a pit member tells someone with a radio about the debris and the say "it should be out of the way".last night in the sportsman feature a huge peice of metal was in turn 2 and a smaller one is 4,the large one was pointed out to the pit stewart and the small one finally got hit and flew into the stands at a very high rate of speed.I WOULD GLADLY TAKE A SET OF RADIOS AND WORK OUT OF THE STANDS THIS FRIDAY,I KNOW HOW TO USE THEM-SINCE I WON'T BE RACING FRIDAY.that was alot of wasted time and effort,but i feel better now,shannon

I know lapped cars(which I am usually :( ) get in the way sometimes but that guy in front of you on the restart had to get past them so you should have to get past them too. JMO

Ditto on the mud racing..the track is a pool of mud
week after week..Maybe Terry should get behind the
wheel of one of the race cars, since he obviously can't
see from the sidelines how his incessant drowning of
the track effects the handling of a race car...
Save me a seat Shannon, I'm with you and Mike....
Looks like we may need a section for Mini-stock
drivers/owners...

Here I Go !!!!!!!!

I have NEVER in my days of racing with Shannon Burch seen him get so disgusted with things. He has bent over backwards to faithfully represent the RAMS or the Mini Stocks at any track he raced at. When others would get pissed off and leave SHANNON was the one that stayed and raced out of loyalty. WELL last night SHANNON got SCREWED for his last time ! I do NOT blame him for not racing next week. He has ****ed it up many times with Bad calls. Many have talked until they are blue in the face BUT no one seems to listen. OFFICIALS .... OFFICIALS ..... OFFICIALS ........ NEEDED . Excluding me if you want to ..... but i cant tell you how many people have pointed out things to the pit steward- Terry - Billy - tower workers ..... and NO one seems to see the same things EVERYONE in the stands does. I think some serious house cleaning needs to be done and it better be fast... Anyone notice the crowd and car count last night ??????? I went because i have friends that i will support in their racing BUT after Friday nights " circus " i did not want to donate my $10.00 last night but for my friends i did ! So after saying all of this SHANNON BURCH, I SUPPORT YOU 100% IN YOUR DECISION !!!!!!!!!!!!! LeaDonna

something for Terry to ponder

Crossing the scales at the start of the evening
and again at the end of the feature the #90 truck
gained 200 lbs in red clay mud. The #8 pinto gained
300 lbs of the same,this past fri.nite. 75 cars times
an average of 250 lbs per car...Thats a lot of dirt
leaving each nite...Keep up the excessive watering
& you won't have any dirt left on your dirt track...

Hey Mike, I agree that the leaders had to Pass lapped traffic too but it is easier to pass lapped traffic under race speeds than it is on a restart! When I am lapped traffic I would not get mad if they sent me to the back! Hey Mike it was good to meet you Saturday!

MinistockMike said:
I know lapped cars(which I am usually :( ) get in the way sometimes but that guy in front of you on the restart had to get past them so you should have to get past them too. JMO

I AGREE!...........

MinistockMike said:
TRUE mike but in the drivers meeting they also tell you to HOLD YOUR line saturday night I was duckhunting on the track when I got spun buy a lapped car (which had already spun another car out) so back to the back I went he got his spot I started to pass a few more and they held there line like they was supposed to... my opionon is it a double edge sword either way somebody's getting screwed :D :D :D

I HATE to hear that Shannon will not be racing at The Rock Friday night, BUT I too support his decision. He DID get $CREWED!!!!!!!!!! And I wonder why that was???? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....and as far as talking to Terry goes..........that gets a driver NOWHERE!!!!!!!!! For those of you who get on here and say talk to Terry because he is more than willing to listen, I would have to say that I TOTALLY disagree!!! I have seen many drivers approach him and for what?????
I'm with ya, LD. I WOULD NEVER go back to Fredericktown if it wasn't to support my DRIVERS!!!!! STRESS this point: I DO NOT GO TO SUPPORT THE TRACK!!!! Which is sad because I used to. IF the #53 of Matt Eaton or the #16 of Kenny Kennedy were not racing, I WOULD NOT give that track one penny of my money. Sure, I like other drivers there (don't get me wrong.....Billy Smith, Brent Thompson, John Bohn, Tommy Worley, Shannon Burch...and MANY more) but Matt and Kenny are why I go. I ONLY went Saturday because Kenny asked me to. I'll continue to support HIM!!!! After Friday nights "circus" you would think Terry would open his eyes. CHANGES HAVE TO BE MADE!!!!!! Why is that EVERYONE else can see this and not Terry?????? I have always supported Fredericktown Raceway but right now I could care less if they closed their gates......better yet, I'd love to see them stay open but lose ALL their fans and drivers. I know that won't happen but I would like to see it. I'm sorry, but this is NUTS!!!! Attention all Mini Stock drivers...........there is a great track in Doe Run that would love to have you on Friday nights if The Rock isn't going to take care of ya.

This post was originally supposed to just show my support to Shannon for his decision, but I kinda got side tracked. Again, Shannon, I hate to see you leave when (like LD said) you have bent over backwards to do whatever you can for the RAMS and the mini stocks BUT you can only take so much and you have taken more than your share. Good luck whatever decision you make.

thanks for the support

i hate not racing friday,but i made a promise to my wife friday night in the heat of battle,i'm glad i'm sticking with it.as for racing doerun-i don't have the gears but everything else is legal now.we have a big race sat at monkey county,so i don't want to take any chances on a track i haven't raced at in a few years(it does keep going through my mind though)i really want to be part of the solution at the "rock".i feel that i myself could take away a complete class form the rock-but that is not what i want,the rock is in need of help,and i will be in the stands friday to support my favorite drivers(if they come back) to error is human,but stupidity makes it a lack of fun for all-thanks to all for standing up for yourself and fellow racers,maybe eyes will start to open

I SUPPORT SHANNON 150%!!!!!!!!! I agree, he got SCREWED and I'm proud of him for making a stand!

duckhunter330 said:
Lapped cars cause alot of trouble for the faster cars. Sometimes even taking them out. I am also a little upset about slower cars driving way over their heads when it is clear their cars/trucks have handling problems. This is not a demolition derby folks. There is no reason we cant race clean. I can understand a little bumping or rubbing. But to deliberatly take someone out is uncalled for. :D

I know a few fast guys that drive the same way as these slow cars you are talking about. :eek: :eek:

yep

bill i couldn't agree more,i also will admit i to have driven over my head,just not on a constant basis-it is time for some change ,racing is not as fun as it used to be

Shannon, I hate it for you because (like you said) you put money out of your own pocket to get cars to The Rock. But, you're not the only one getting $crewed week after week after week. You are, however, the only one (so far) willing to make a stand and stick by it. I know it's hard to park your car for the week (especially since you are 4th in points), but I'm proud of ya and so are many others. I would love to see more drivers NOT take their cars to The Rock and see what happens. I guess it's all in WHO you know and WHERE they work (at the track...hehehehehe).

how about this one crystal

i am done racing at my favorite track "the rock" until changes are made......

Good for you, Shannon!!! When I get home, I'm going to discuss this thread with Rick and if you're out, and Bob's out this Friday night - we just may be too. 1st through 4th in points are pretty much locked in as of now, so doing this may just be what needs to be done for some changes. United we stand.

Back