late models at pevely?

qwikrnu

just wondering if they are running since they dropped street stocks for low car counts and money and this being a costly class with low car counts?

Yes it is about car count, but a premier class can get away with poor car count more because the fans come for them.
It is not fair but it is the truth, street stocks can put on a good show, but only bring their immediate friends and family as a fan base, (which is often more than the car cost to pay to have race). Many general fans go to a track like I-55 for the late models, it is known for them, it is the headline show.

It's not fair but a fact of life the crowd draw classes get a different set of rules than the entry levels, same goes for pay, often feature times (lates go lastly many tracks), advertising (posters or
Fliers show the premier classes and just list the entry).

Being bitter about the class being cut wont bring it back. The only way to bring it back is to get another shot by not making the track mad, and rounding up 15+ cars to come. Or move onto another track, I know it ****s, I don't like when a track cancels a class mid season, always like for them to tough it out till end of the year at least.

We always have 3-5 people in the pits and 2-6 in the stands that would not be there if we were not racing our SS. They will avg. $8 each minimum spent at concession stand. How much in admission and concession does it take to pay for the class per car?
Hoener in another post said the SS would race next year, 2013, at Pevely.
It was announced in January this year I believe that the class would be run which didn't give a lot of time to get one ready. Maybe they should have announced at that time that they would start the class in 2013 to give people time to get a car ready.
We need that time to get that class to be home grown.
JMO

It's pretty simple. Until they pay more and do some promoting they will continue to see car counts drop. Every other track in the area is doing an awesome job promoting....I don't see anything new from pevely or any incentives for guys to race their over other tracks. And this is coming from a huge fan of the track.

The car count should improve after the Summernationals......;)
You can not blame the low car counts on the summer nationals when none of the local late model drivers are following the tour. Year after year the low car counts get blamed on the summer ationals. Why dont we look at the temp outside. The only driver from the area that started to follow the tour was voigt now hes hit and miss. Seriously people wake up its not the summer nationals that are making the car count low

Yes it is about car count, but a premier class can get away with poor car count more because the fans come for them.
It is not fair but it is the truth, street stocks can put on a good show, but only bring their immediate friends and family as a fan base, (which is often more than the car cost to pay to have race). Many general fans go to a track like I-55 for the late models, it is known for them, it is the headline show.

Not true I have see races there without the late models and they have drawn just as many fans if not more. People get tired of watching the same old drivers every weekend. It's cheaper to build and run a SS all summer (so I'm told) than a late model.Give the ss a chance to build and they will grow. they don't travel much so you need to let the locals have time to build a car and they will come back over time.

HOUND SHUT UP :)

Not true I have see races there without the late models and they have drawn just as many fans if not more. People get tired of watching the same old drivers every weekend. It's cheaper to build and run a SS all summer (so I'm told) than a late model.Give the ss a chance to build and they will grow. they don't travel much so you need to let the locals have time to build a car and they will come back over time.

HOUND SHUT UP :)

yeah the street stock
fans out number the late model fans thats too muc
h

The track is known on a regional basis as a late model track, similar to CMS was known as a mod track. General fans come to see late models. Not many tracks make a good go without a headline class. Cms made mods the headline with high payout. Most fans go for the headliners and enjoy the undercard. They complain to the track staff about under cards first and undercard classes can take a beating because of this. Not fair but true.

The majority of fans are there for the upper classes. Prime example is at any track look at the concession stand, they pick up during under cards and are empty for the headliner. Yes people bring their own fans,that often pay more than the payout for the car, but the general fans are there for the headliners.

Another example is laraceway in la monte, started running hobby stocks, fwd, had tons of them for no pay, they each brought a handful of people, I am talking 50+ of those things. Many regular fans hated them and quit going because they took too long, now fans ask "are those dumb hobby stocks going to be there". The class dispersed to other tracks over the years but it hurt overall fan count because of them. So it's not just about why each car brings in with just them, classes have an effect on the overall.

Heck let's make it exciting just combine the classes.

You can not blame the low car counts on the summer nationals when none of the local late model drivers are following the tour. Year after year the low car counts get blamed on the summer ationals. Why dont we look at the temp outside. The only driver from the area that started to follow the tour was voigt now hes hit and miss. Seriously people wake up its not the summer nationals that are making the car count low

Jason McBride is on the hell tour.

It's hot.
It's summer.
People go on vacation.
It seems this topic is brought up ever year, and about different race tracks.
The "Die hard fan" is getting fewer and fewer. The one who never misses a race no matter what. No excuses.
I don't think it's the tracks, the promoter, or any particular classes fault. It's the fans fault for not being there.
Promoters are doing whatever they can to bring in "new blood" (pick three, diamond dig, "King of the hill", Military night, shooting free tee shirts with a bazooka kinda stuff). What else are the supposed to do? Dropping classes doesn't seem like the solution to me.
"Bring a friend night" should be every week for the die hard fan. JMO
Adam

I heard a theory that some racers go broke by the july august time frame, sometimes engines break who knows the reasons but the car count usually drops off towards this time of the year.

5 dollar nite always packs the fans in atleast at farmington and benton did this once when it was open and went from 75 people one week to standing room only on 5$ nite and sold out of all there concessions so jmo but those concession would make up for that other 5$ , i will be back racing next year at i55 after i heal up and are in the works for a late model but the car owner/sponsor is not wanting to purchase it not knowing week to week what happens there since he bought a car for someone and the class got dropped now he has to spend more to race somewhere else, i dont need proof they will be there cause i have a car i can race anywhere but the money guy does! and i wouldnt go calling the support classes names because we all need them and so do the fans atleast a true race fan does, goingracing you said in another post that" 12 latemodels are not worth watching "but it only takes two to make a race lol!

Back