M.C.S. PLAYDAY Yesterday

BAD BOB

sick & twisted old man
I have been closed up in the house for the past 2 weeks and C.J.
said I was startin' to stink, so she strapped me into her Monte Carlo and took me to MCS for some playday fun..(80+ mph w/the windows down, I felt like a new person by the time we arrived)
I got to see some of the guys that I hadn't seen all winter, plus a
couple of vehicles that weren't racing there last year....
Lane & Kurt apparently spent a lot of the winter months working on set up and handling cause the 42 looked like a "slot car" that stuck wherever Lane put it..Very impressive display of team work....they will definitely be the team to watch this year
Also got my 1st peek at what will be the new Rams vehicle of the future..
It apparently started out as a Ford Ranger p.u. (the roof is the only thing
left that is stock) The rest is all flat sides designed by the owner....
Actually a pretty good looking vehicle that appeared to handle pretty
good, despite the twin I beam suspension.....I can't wait to see how many
jump on the "Flat side" band wagon, with Pintos & Mustangs getting harder
to find every day...

Rebel said:
I thought the RAMS rules stated that you had to use stock body panels?
They did say that, but I haven't been to the last couple of meetings
and you know how quickly things can change.....On the one hand, rules
are rules, but on the other, I can see a lot of possibilities in the "flat side" debate...With a little imagination, a person could come up with some really
cool race cars/trucks...

stock panels

stock panels are in the rules. this is why we needed to mail a set of rules to non-members who are racing. the ford ranger is a local driver who drove last year with another truck. he is just trying to run stock motors with non-stock body. we might have to address this to him without losing another car that will be running at mcs. there is plus and minus to this rule in this case. maybe it can be solved with a penalty(starting postion) for each race. just a thought. bob, thanks for the plug, we did work hard, but we have a lot to do to run with the big boys up front. it was good to see you, hope everything will keep improving for you. i think getting you out to the track was good for you. see you next week..

Glad to hear Bob

Glad to hear ya have been gettin better and that your out and about. I know whats its like to be cooped up and house bound. If ya guys need anything feel free to let me know. And again, good to hear your doin good.

Rebel said:
I thought the RAMS rules stated that you had to use stock body panels?
Yes it says stock.. Under the rules the truck would not be allowed to compete. Sooo... Lets get some guys together and spread the word. WE NEED BODY PANELS!!! They should be easy enough to find. What color is the truck? I have a gallon of red left over, and a half gallon of black. Ranger stuff isnt that hard to find down here. Lets see if we can set this guy up with what he needs...

Concerning the Ranger

I myself dont want to speculate or jump to conclusions about the vehicle in question until i see it. Yes the rules do say stock panels, but depending on the year of the truck, some of those trucks were pretty well flat sided anyway. Thats why there are tech inspectors at the track, after teching the vehicle then a decision will be made. Why speculate and jump to conclusions when all the facts are still unknown.

rules for the body

the rules state: • Body must remain basically stock. May cut drivers door for ease of entering vehicle. Dash must be removed, can replace with a fabricated dash. Front firewall must be stock. All holes in front firewall must be sealed. Rear firewall may be fabricated. Hatchback cars MUST fabricate a rear firewall to protect the driver from the fuel cell. Door panels may be replaced with .040 steel provided that it follows the same contour as the original body panel (must be stock appearing). These rules from MCS say nothing about remaining factory stock

Body panels

Rudedude, read the RAMS rules!

Smoking Joe, Its NOT a matter of being faster as you put it. It's maintaing the integrity of your association! EVERYONE must follow the rules. If you start making concessions for one person, you will have to do it for everyone else. Next thing you know someone will want to put a GM-V8 head on a 4 cylinder 2.5, just because it has a GM part number. Or maybe someone will want to use a Ironduke aluminum head on a 2.5 that comes PORTED from the factory. But since its a stock part RAMS members can just ignore the "no porting rule". Just my opinion, RULES ARE RULES!!!!!!!!!

I didn’t know there was a ported head from the factory you got a part number for that? And by the way I believe in supporting the class and encouraging racers to build cars and participate, not to mention worrying about making my car faster or better instead of all the *****ing and crying that goes on about someone elses car. If someone is faster then me I dont want to slow them down I want to go faster. And as far as rules go, they can be read and deciphered many different ways that’s why there are officials because 5 different people can read the same thing and all have a different concept on it.

racedude2009 said:
the rules are straight from the track web site maybe u should check the rules so u get ur info straight

Racedude2009, I'm sorry but Rebel is 100% correct in what he is saying. Flat sides are illegal, they are not stock or stock appearing. This has been an issue raised with the RAMS since the association started and it has NEVER been allowed to slide.

Back