MCS Bountys!!!

Trashdog

This Saturday May 22nd there will be an extra $100 to the driver that can beat Bryan Collins in the Budweiser Late Model division. Bryan has won 2 features in a row and has won 3 for the season so far.

There is also an extra $100 to the driver that can defeat Rusty Griffaw in the Miller A-Modifieds and an extra $100 to the driver that can beat James Brock in the Pepsi Street Stock division. Both Rusty and James have won 2 features in a row.

Track records have also been falling at MCS, last saturday night Brian Kinnaird set the track record for the Rayfield Racing Components B-Modified division with a lap of 13.509. Brian turned what can be termed the perfect lap, his time is only about a 1/2 second off Rusty Griffaw's track record of 13.086 in Miller A-Modified division.

James Brock also set a new track record of 14.340. He previously held the track record for the Pepsi Street Stock divison so he only raised the bar for the competition.

Ed Dixon still holds the track record for the Budweiser Late Models of 11.870, which he set on September 23, 2003.

The bounty hunters and the falling track records should make for an exciting Saturday night of racing at MCS.

Do they really think that putting a $100 bounty on "Flyin' Bryan" is going to improve the LM count? Seems to me that if they want to get some more LMs they should try to get some Quincy guys by putting up a bonus for the top feature finisher running one of those IMCA spec motors--heck,as hot and dry as the weather's supposed to be, those guys may not be at that much of a disadvantage if the track glazes over :)

Hey BP do you ever have anything positive to say? Do you race? Do you run a race track? Because you sure act like its just that easy.Your negative comments and suggestions are getting old.

Well, you know what they say about ideas and opinions, don't you? Look at how you started that post, "Do they really think putting a bounty will improve the car count" no they should do what I say because I'm Brandon Paul. Go buy your own track and run it how you think it should be run. I've looked at all 30 posts you've made, and you don't say anything without being smart or negative.

:confused: I want to know what Quincy guys should be running there IMCA cars down there? I know for A fact Denny Woodworth has one UMP car and he runs both Godfrey and MCS with it. He also has 3 other cars and one is his IMCA car which he runs on sundays here in Quincy. Denny enjoys racing at the track. Brandon I think you should get a car of your own and show them how it is done .j/m/o

Brandon Paul, spend some time getting more bussinesses or individuals involved in the sport who might want to invest in a team and youll get more cars. It cost's a lot of money and not to mention the time involed to get a car to the track. I know a lot of teams/drivers who would love to bring their cars out but the money's not there.

CC-28, when have I claimed to have all the answers? Like I said, I offer up an idea to improve LM car counts at a track, and you choose to attack me--not attack my idea-- NO, you make it personal. That's fine. Bring it on.

We're talking about a track that has averaged 7 LMs the last two weeks. I remember how much that s---ed when Godfrey was in that situation in the mid 90s. I don't want to see any fan have to payfull admission price to see a miniscule field of cars. Nor do I want to see a driver get the same amount of points to win if he beats 6 competitors when just about every other track gets at least 12-15 cars; some a lot more, i.e. Fairbury, Farmer City, heck even I-55. So if questioning whether merely putting up $100 extra will really generate any more cars and then offering another solution makes me "negative", I would be thrilled to see your POSITIVE idea--as would most folks at MCS, I am sure.

Obvoiusly I'm not the only one who doesn't want to hear it. Any 12 year old kid could say ,"hey this is what they should do". You obviously don't know what the f*** your talking about, I know what its like to spend every dime you have trying to get that car to the track. You want to improve everybodies car counts buy some cars, if you don't like somebodys show, don't go there. I don't like the way you say things, like your smarter than everyone else. If you go to all these tracks than you should know who I am, so who the hell are you? You act like a young kid.

Brandon Paul the bounty is not to improve car counts, it is a reward for the person who can beat the man who has won consecutive features at MCS. MCS has always been doing that. Dont say nothing unless you know what you are talking about

I-55 is where I go on sat nites,but if rained out then we go to MCS. It will get better there,I think the track is pretty ausome, they looked like they worked on it in the off season so give them time. Remember "if you build it, they will come". We follow Dixon where ever he goes and he will go there before going anywhere else, that should say something about the track, heck they have quality drivers that shows up every week so give them time, they will get the car count up.

Jake_Robbins86 said:
Brandon Paul the bounty is not to improve car counts, it is a reward for the person who can beat the man who has won consecutive features at MCS. MCS has always been doing that. Dont say nothing unless you know what you are talking about

When you only have an avarage of 7 LM's, I believe the bounty IS to improve car counts!! They cant afford to keep paying the LM's when thier car count is that low, let alone start offering BONUS MONEY to one of the other 5 or 6 cars to win!Maybe you shouldnt say anything unless you know what you are talking about!!!

best way to improve car count is better track prep.i was told by one of the ole regulars that is not running there this year

They Have Put Bounty On Drivers Since The Place Has Been Open... And They Do It In All Classes Even When The Car Count Is Up...

dirt hound said:
best way to improve car count is better track prep.i was told by one of the ole regulars that is not running there this year

I was told the same thing by one of the old regulars :D

Hey cc-28, are you familiar with that old parable about "The Emperors New Clothes"? No one wanted to point out that, hey, he's really naked. Likewise, we can all see from the results that MCS is running 4 car heats and 9 car features. But merely pointing that problem out and offering up a solution, is in your world, being negative.

On one level it's really no concern to me that MCS gets so few cars. I live nowhere near there, so I'm not going there. But on another level, it should concern everyone that attends as a fan OR races at any UMP track that a track that averages 7 cars pays the same amount of points as tracks that get 15,or 20,or 25, or 30+ cars. At some point isn't the integrity of the points race harmed? Godfrey had this same problem in the mid 90s when Dixon was going for the title.

But again, in your mind cc-28, pointing that out is just being neagative and smart-allecky--and again, when have I claimed to know it all?

Hey, believe it or not, I hope I'm wrong about the MCS bounty not working. If they get 15 cars, 20 cars, etc.---GREAT!

One more thought. There's an old saying: If you're not a part of the solution, you're a part of the problem. I offered up an idea to try to improve car counts. You simply attacked me. How about throwing out some ideas of your own to improve the situation.?

Back