Mess Series.

Any Rumors On Who Is Going To Run It. I Hear Alot Of Conflicting Reports.have They Ever Released A Schedule ? I Think Benton Is The Only Close Track..

I think the schedule will be out this week. Mess is a good word for it, the series was put together for all the wrong reasons.

sure is a shame a big name like Chad Blonde will not be at Sfcr in 08............................................not really.

MESS Schedule

Schedule is now posted on their website and Swamp posted a link on the Hoseheads forum. The schedule has 22 races, 4 of which are All-Star races - Benton & The Ditch in August plus the big races at Lawrenceburg IN in September. I will post my analysis later.

MASS & SFCR Schedules

Here is my analysis of the Farmington versus MASS schdules for 2008. It is a little hard to follow but I had trouble copying it the way I wanted to. All of the race dates for SFCR and MASS are listed. There are 8 Saturdays when they both have a race scheduled. For those dates I have included the approximate mileage from Farmington and Springfield IL to the MASS to compare the distances for many of the drivers. This will help them determine if they want to run for $2,000 to win (MASS)versus $1,500 (SFCR). I think they both pay $200 to start the A Main. It is approximately 170 miles from Springfield to Farmington. Also, for SFCR I have noted if the race is a regular show (REG) or if higher purse (IL/MO $2,000 and Queens Royale $5,000 in 2007). The Farmington schedule says there are 4 specials not yet posted, but I have no idea if any of these are for sprints. On the spreadsheet that I built I also included the WOO, ASCS, and Lake Ozark specials, but I could not copy it all over.

MASS MI
DATE DAY SFCR MASS FARM SPFD
4-11 FRI BENTON
4-12 SAT REG NO
4-19 SAT REG NO
4-26 SAT REG NO
5-3 SAT REG NO
5-10 SAT REG NO
5-17 SAT REG NO
5-23 FRI BENTON
5-24 SAT 2K MT VERN 150 140
5-26 MON QUINCY
5-31 SAT REG NO
6-7 SAT REG NO
6-14 SAT I/M2K NEBO KY
6-20 FRI SPON RIV
6-21 SAT 2K MONT CO 135 165
6-28 SAT REG H'BRG AR 200 390
7-4 FRI BENTON
7-5 SAT NO PARAGON
7-6 SUN OWNSBRO
7-12 SAT REG NO
7-18 FRI LIBERTY
7-19 SAT REG LAWBRG 415 315
7-26 SAT NO NO
8-2 SAT 2K MONT CO 135 165
8-9 SAT REG NO
8-15 FRI BENTON
8-16 SAT REG W MEMP 275 375
8-22 FRI BLMGTN
8-23 SAT REG NO
8-30 SAT REG NO
8-31 SUN MACOMB
9-6 SAT REG NO
9-12 FRI LAWBRG
9-13 SAT REG LAWBRG 415 315
9-20 SAT 2K W PLAINS 180 300
9-27 SAT REG NO
10-4 SAT QR5K NO
10-10 FRI BENTON

Here is my analysis of the Farmington versus MASS schdules for 2008. It is a little hard to follow but....

Let me make it more complicated, you are going to have to go back and reanalysis :)!!

Just got off the phone with Cory and he had me post on the website the 4 new Special Shows!!!!

$2000 to win for Sprint Cars
May 24, June 21, August 2, September 20

Sponsored by the #1 Sprint Car Fan at SFC Raceway

Way to go #1 Fan, thank you for supporting SFC Raceway!!!

Thank You !!!!!!!!

Here is my analysis of the Farmington versus MASS schdules for 2008. It is a little hard to follow but I had trouble copying it the way I wanted to. All of the race dates for SFCR and MASS are listed. There are 8 Saturdays when they both have a race scheduled. For those dates I have included the approximate mileage from Farmington and Springfield IL to the MASS to compare the distances for many of the drivers. This will help them determine if they want to run for $2,000 to win (MASS)versus $1,500 (SFCR). I think they both pay $200 to start the A Main. It is approximately 170 miles from Springfield to Farmington. Also, for SFCR I have noted if the race is a regular show (REG) or if higher purse (IL/MO $2,000 and Queens Royale $5,000 in 2007). The Farmington schedule says there are 4 specials not yet posted, but I have no idea if any of these are for sprints. On the spreadsheet that I built I also included the WOO, ASCS, and Lake Ozark specials, but I could not copy it all over.

MASS MI
DATE DAY SFCR MASS FARM SPFD
4-11 FRI BENTON
4-12 SAT REG NO
4-19 SAT REG NO
4-26 SAT REG NO
5-3 SAT REG NO
5-10 SAT REG NO
5-17 SAT REG NO
5-23 FRI BENTON
5-24 SAT REG MT VERN 150 140
5-26 MON QUINCY
5-31 SAT REG NO
6-7 SAT REG NO
6-14 SAT I/M2K NEBO KY
6-20 FRI SPON RIV
6-21 SAT REG MONT CO 135 165
6-28 SAT REG H'BRG AR 200 390
7-4 FRI BENTON
7-5 SAT NO PARAGON
7-6 SUN OWNSBRO
7-12 SAT REG NO
7-18 FRI LIBERTY
7-19 SAT REG LAWBRG 415 315
7-26 SAT NO NO
8-2 SAT REG MONT CO 135 165
8-9 SAT REG NO
8-15 FRI BENTON
8-16 SAT REG W MEMP 275 375
8-22 FRI BLMGTN
8-23 SAT REG NO
8-30 SAT REG NO
8-31 SUN MACOMB
9-6 SAT REG NO
9-12 FRI LAWBRG
9-13 SAT REG LAWBRG 415 315
9-20 SAT REG W PLAINS 180 300
9-27 SAT REG NO
10-4 SAT QR5K NO
10-10 FRI BENTON
That sure puts things into perspective.

MASS pays $300 to start and you get $100 for tow money. In the long run if you are running for points, the MASS series has a better pay off.
The MASS schedule is not complete yet!!!

I don't know why you guys are fighting over the idea of more higher paying races in your area. That just seems ridiculous to me. Also, I was involved in the formation of this series and I don't recall ANY of the "wrong reasons" being mentioned when we set out to do this deal. I know some of you have a vendetta against Guy Webb, but you need to get over it. The fact is the Midwest series is bringing 410 racing to new tracks and new fans in your area, so unless you work for the ASCS i don't know why everyone is *****ing about that. It doesn't make sense. The first year was a success, but sure there were some problems along the way. IT WAS THE FIRST YEAR!!! Steve Libby has never run a series and the guys working for him had no experience either. I expect it will be a bit more organized in 2008. More drivers have signed on and more dates are being added to the schedule. If Farmington chooses to go head to head and battle this concept, they might be the ones left out in the cold at the end of the day. If people in this business would concentrate on working together, we'd all be better off. I'm not saying we all have to LIKE one another, but we're all here for a common goal - SPRINT CAR RACING!

I don't know why you guys are fighting over the idea of more higher paying races in your area. That just seems ridiculous to me. Also, I was involved in the formation of this series and I don't recall ANY of the "wrong reasons" being mentioned when we set out to do this deal. I know some of you have a vendetta against Guy Webb, but you need to get over it. The fact is the Midwest series is bringing 410 racing to new tracks and new fans in your area, so unless you work for the ASCS i don't know why everyone is *****ing about that. It doesn't make sense. The first year was a success, but sure there were some problems along the way. IT WAS THE FIRST YEAR!!! Steve Libby has never run a series and the guys working for him had no experience either. I expect it will be a bit more organized in 2008. More drivers have signed on and more dates are being added to the schedule. If Farmington chooses to go head to head and battle this concept, they might be the ones left out in the cold at the end of the day. If people in this business would concentrate on working together, we'd all be better off. I'm not saying we all have to LIKE one another, but we're all here for a common goal - SPRINT CAR RACING!

You're not the only one that feels that way either. It seems that no matter what everyone else in the world of sprint cars does, Farmington always does the opposite and falls flat on the floor. Last years 410 Summer Nationals is the perfect example of what I'm talking about. You can't go up against two or three traveling series within a couple hundred miles distance, especially when their payout is more pleasing to the eye and the entry fee doesn't keep them from eating breakfast the next day. Some people really need to think about the BIG PICTURE here.

Let me make it more complicated, you are going to have to go back and reanalysis :)!!

Just got off the phone with Cory and he had me post on the website the 4 new Special Shows!!!!

$2000 to win for Sprint Cars
May 24, June 21, August 2, September 20

Sponsored by the #1 Sprint Car Fan at SFC Raceway

Way to go #1 Fan, thank you for supporting SFC Raceway!!!

You're kidding right??? $2000 to win is now considered a "special" show? Please tell me it isn't so....there's more to this right?:eek:

FYI - there is no "entry fee" for any All Star event. Not sure if you were referring to us or not.

For the record - I am in NO way saying all 410's in your area should come and run with the Midwest All Stars. I am only pointing out that the series offers more opportunities for more cars to make more money, therefore putting more money back into 410 winged sprint car racing in an area rich in history. The 410's were a dying breed in the Midwest...now there is new life and new hope for some of these guys. Farmington is great and they need to keep doing their weekly promotions and enticing more 410 cars to come and race there, but I don't know why they choose to go head to head with a traveling series because they feel threatened. Its just silly. :confused: The political chess matches in this business are what is KILLING this business.

FYI - there is no "entry fee" for any All Star event. Not sure if you were referring to us or not.

For the record - I am in NO way saying all 410's in your area should come and run with the Midwest All Stars. I am only pointing out that the series offers more opportunities for more cars to make more money, therefore putting more money back into 410 winged sprint car racing in an area rich in history. The 410's were a dying breed in the Midwest...now there is new life and new hope for some of these guys. Farmington is great and they need to keep doing their weekly promotions and enticing more 410 cars to come and race there, but I don't know why they choose to go head to head with a traveling series because they feel threatened. Its just silly. :confused: The political chess matches in this business are what is KILLING this business.

No I was not referring to the All Stars on the entry fee. The other thing that is killing this business is that the cash strapped car owners that have been doing this for years are not seeing any light at the end of the tunnel and the sponsors that are watching these 'political chess matches' are taking a wait and see approach.

Well, I'm sure Guy Webb's "fan club" will continue to throw poison darts all season long. It won't change anything, but it might make them feel better.

You're kidding right??? $2000 to win is now considered a "special" show? Please tell me it isn't so....there's more to this right?:eek:

Two things make it special in my book.

1. A fan who sits in the stands gave the money up out of his own pocket to see to the 4 shows. I think that takes a special person.

2. It is more money than normal, so you have to call it something right???

So this fan in the stands put up all the extra money to match the All Star purse all the way back through the field? Or does it just pay more to win to match the $2000 All Star money? Just curious how much tow money he'll be paying the Top 10 drivers, too. Any idea?

I can tell you one thing, with the price of gas over $3.00 a gallon and the number of miles these guys will have to travel to get to alot of the MASS races, the $100 tow money you guys pay is not nearly enough to cover their cost of fuel. I think once the season starts and the new guys to the series realize they are loosing money by traveling, they will come back home.

If you guys would really stop and think about it, I think you would understand why Farmington is not on the MASS schedule this year. (And not because of the past between Cory and Guy). Look at the MASS race here last year. There was what one or two non-regular cars here. So how does it make sense for Cory to pay the MASS sanctioning fee and the purse, raise the ticket prices for the fans and have the same regular racers? It doesn't make sense. He is just as well off to take the money that he would have spent in the sanctioning fee and pay it back to the drivers by increasing the purse on a few nights. Plus the fans don't want to pay more to see only 2 new drivers here. I don't blame Cory for not having a MASS race.

As most of you know, I am an avid sprint car fan. I am all for ways to help promote sprint car racing and keep it alive. But, I don't think all of Guy's tactics are good for sprint car racing in the midwest. MASS is a good idea, but there are some other ways to handle it than some of the things Guy is doing. I did have a conversation with him at Mt. Vernon last summer at a MASS race. It was made very clear during this conversation that he had a problem with Cory and Guy was looking out for himself. If he truly wanted to keep 410 racing alive in the midwest he would be cooperative with the only local 410 weekly track and a not go around badmouthing it.
That is just my opinion!!!

Just out of curiosity...

What has Guy Webb done to ANY of you personally to make you this upset that you have to bash him and the Midwest All Stars?

What has the Midwest All Stars done to ANY of you to make you so upset?

This is only an opinion, but here is my 2 cents worth on the decision for SFCR to post a $2000 show on the same nights as the MASS is in their "yard", which apparently is the entire state of Missouri. My guess is that they know where most of the drivers are going to want to go, the MASS race. Reasons?

1) It paid more until SFCR dug deeper for a couple of extra Benjamins. (Here's a question to ask SFCR...Why not pay $2000 every night?)
2) TOW MONEY
3) The MASS has a ton of SFCR former weekly drivers.

If the racing and the pay was that good at SFCR, why would any of them invest the money and time to chase a series ran by a suppossed "crook" as it has been said before? If you look at the top 10 drivers from the MASS in 2007, most of them look like drivers that used to run SFCR weekly to me.

Also, SFCR is not the only 410 show in the area. Benton, Missouri is only an hour and a half away from SFCR. Granted, Benton is on Fridays.

With all that being said, I would really like to see more MASS events at SFCR as a fan. The track is usually pretty good, most of the drivers could probably turn laps blindfolded, and it would be beneficial to both parties. Fans would get to see the drivers they have grown to enjoy over the years. Tow distance would be ok for a lot of owners. And, SFCR would probably have a good night.

We are not strengthening our sport by finger pointing or snubbing a series because you don't know all the facts.

Back