Millsey

Let's just all keep our fingers crossed that possibly Curly and the Management can work out something. So that they can continue to race this season. Jeff dedicated ALOT of his time to get this going, i can't see it all being in vain. :eek: I know if Millsey was here, this internet and his phone lines would be working double time. Goes to show in times like these how much Millsey is missed ! LD :)

Still carrying on...

Let's just all keep our fingers crossed that possibly Curly and the Management can work out something. So that they can continue to race this season. Jeff dedicated ALOT of his time to get this going, i can't see it all being in vain. :eek: I know if Millsey was here, this internet and his phone lines would be working double time. Goes to show in times like these how much Millsey is missed ! LD :)
LD, I was on the phone and internet half the nite and ALL day today. NOTHING is Impossible if you work hard enough.
WE ARE RACING FRIDAY NITE @ "THE ROCK!":)

LD, I'm sure you'd have to agree with me on this.. if Jeff were here, this wouldn't be happening to begin with. Sad.

Your right this was a sad moment for all. And Jeff is missed, he was a good PR person. And for some reason no one was assigned to PR for the track. And if they were no-one knew who that person was, cause frankly it didnt happen. So I as an official talked with a few people involved in the track and they didnt even know, so I took a little anniciative and assinged someone that has a heart for the track to stay running. Yes, it is Kay Thompson and yes she has busted some butt to get er done. So now that we know who this person is we all need to thank her and not bash anymore and get with her if you all have any sponsorship ideas. And lets go racing at the ROCK.

O.K. Well, i wasn't going to say it like that but YES, Jeff would be dishearted. :eek: I assumed that you Tracy, was the PR person for the track. Thats what you had on your profile. I remember 2 years ago Jeff worked every week to get different sponsors for a class of cars each night. He was the " God " of promotion :) It wasnt until after his death i realized how many connections he had when i seen all his business cards with # to EVERYONE :D I miss Jeff as much as the rest of you do. As a friend, and an " announcer " Now that some issues have gotten worked out let's all do our best to support the track, even if it is bringing a friend to watch the races ! LD :)

I had tried to do some of the PR and did do some of it, but my previous committments began demanding more of my time. I had been phasing myself out of it b/c I couldn't give it the attention it deserved (just never changed my profile). I turned it over to JP and he was doing a fine job. When Tony jumped in, the mixture of the two of them was something that's going to be great. I'm sure they will do wonders for the track.

LOL - I just went into my profile to change it and it says nothing about me doing PR at the Rock... guess I didn't need to change it after all. :)

LOL ..... No i didnt mean it was on your profile now, it was on there a couple weeks ago, and you took all your info that you do at Fredericktown off. Sorry for the confusion...... LD :)

This is not a bash on you Tracey, but what do you mean by I was phasing myself out. Your either a PR or not. Who as in management did you alert that you were phasing youself out? And if you did do some PR work you and had some things in the works that imformation would be geniously appreciated. Kay and JP could use what you have started. I PR'd for a track I ran in NY over ten years ago and for DRR and the ROCK when they first opened. I'm not doing a whole lot now because of my job and cause I live 100 miles away. But I am working with Kay and JP on some things and will work on some packages for the remainder of the year and next year. So for everything you have already woud be a big help. Again this is not a bash on you, but when a position is taken and is later not wanted it isnt good to bash people who try to take over a position from a person who so called"phased thereselves out". So again Tracey if you could these to people could use anything you got in the works. Put your feeelings towards these two people to the side. If you have to start new as if you just met these two people it would be greatly appreciated. Its like my boss at work and almost anybodies boss at work, we hate them, most of them but we still have to do the work to get paid. Thank You Tracey and again dont take this as a bash and please do what you can to help K and JP out with anything you have.

LD, I'm sure you'd have to agree with me on this.. if Jeff were here, this wouldn't be happening to begin with. Sad.

LD / TRACY THAT QUOTE IS SO TRUE.

I WASN'T GOING TO POST BUT, THEN YA'LL KNOW ME..........SO HERE GOES:

MILLSEY ALWAYS SAID YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE "TRUST / DEDICATION" OF THE TRACK AND MANAGEMENT TO THE DRIVERS / FANS. ALL MUST WORK HAND IN HAND TO GAIN THIS.

THE BEST PR IN THE WORLD CAN'T "GAIN BACK TRUST" IN DRIVERS/FANS/SPONSORS ONCE THERE IS A "GAP MADE"......

IN THAT "GAP" BEING WISHY WASHY MAKES FOR A DENNY KEITH SERINIRO AND LOOK WHERE IT GOT HIM AND OUR ROCK .........EVEN OUR MILLSEY COULD NOT PULL THAT TRICK OUT OF THE HAT.

BUT, YOU MUST BE CAREFUL WHEN MAKING A MANAGEMENT DECISION LIKE CLOSING AND THEN DOING A 360 WITHIN 12 HOURS. THAT IS THE BEGINNING OF THE LOSS OF TRUST THOSE DRIVERS / FANS / SUPPORTORS HAVE.

THIS TRACK IS NOT THE ONLY TRACK STRUGGLING THIS YEAR .......THEY ALL ARE. IT HAS DOUBLED / TRIPLED IN COST TO OPERATE THIS YEAR. 62 CARS IS A NICE CAR COUNT FOR A "NEWLY BROUGHT BACK TRACK" AND THE GRANDSTANDS / PIT BLEACHERS ARE FULL EVERY FRIDAY NITE.........MALDEN, THE BLUFF, AND FARMINGTON IS NOT FULL. SO THERE IS ONE PLUS.

THIS IS A PROVEN FACT: 1 CAR AVERAGES 3 PEOPLE IN THE PITS *3 PEOPS X 62 CARS= 186 @ $25.00 RIGHT THERE IS: $4,650.00 TOWARD THE PAYOUT...........

I PRAY THAT MEETING TONITE IS TRUTHFUL AND TRULY SHOWS A DEDICATION TO THE DRIVERS / CAR OWNERS.......

I LOVE THE ROCK AND I HAVE BEEN RIGHT THERE AS A HUGE SUPPORTOR FROM DAY ONE AND I WOULD NEVER EVER "BASH OR SAY NEGIVATIVE THINGS" ABOUT THE TRACK............PLUS, ITS SO GOOD TO COME "HOME" ON A FRIDAY EVE................
KAT/BVT

Tony, please quote me where I bashed those in position now of doing PR, I'd like to know. If anything, I've kept my mouth shut. You're also trying to make it sound like I have a problem with JP and Kayee - NOT!!! I am pretty good friends with JP and although we don't need Kayee (or anyone else who isn't necessary) up in the already crowed tower while we're trying to score since it's VERY distracting, she is a nice lady and I'm sure her heart is in the right place.

Instead of starting something with me on here, you might want to call me and discuss things so you have all the facts before you get on here and make the track look even worse. It's not the easiest thing in the world to do, but staying neutral on this board is going to be the best thing you can do for the track - especially as an official. Trust me, I've wanted to say things in the past, but for the good of the track, it's best to just hush up and either deal directly with the person you'd like to comment to or just let it go.

I had talked to John and he knows some of the things I had going on, I was waiting to find out what's going to happen and who I need to turn some contacts over to before I did anything further b/c the way it's going now, I don't know who to talk to about it. I'll turn those over to John.

By the way, there is no E in my name, it's just plain Tracy with a Y.

trackowner

Just a heads up for everyone, the payout is always $1500-$2000 short everyweek...If everyone was actually bringing 3-4 people per car, we wouldn't be in this situation. The shortage has to come from grandstand and concession...don't forget it's not just payout, but insurance, track help, concession help, fuel, track payment, huge credit card payment each month to pay for all the improvements that were made to the track, $3500 for headsets, $1000 for a PA because they didn't hook up the first one right, guardrail, fencing, bleacher tops, etc.....I am so very thankful that Fresh and Clean traded their services for pit passes, because that would be another big expense....Folks we just ran out of money, and still have many more improvements to make....if you notice the concession stand has not been finished, bathrooms are plumbed, but no money to construct them, a new pit ticket booth needs to be built....please look at the whole picture and try to understand where we're coming from. We re-financed our home and have drained our savings to make this work. And
no one more than us could be hurting... Hopefully tonight's meeting will have some resolve.
Anne DeBold

Anne,

Are you and Curley going to be at the meeting tonight? I have heard rumor that you aren't. I certainly hope at least one of you are. The drivers are all wanting to hear something out of the owners mouth...at least that is the feedback I am getting. Thanks for the post, but you didn't even mention ONE important thing. ARE we in fact racing Friday night? I have been contacted to work, but I haven't heard anything from you or Curley and I was just curious. I'm sure this decision is hurting both you and Curley and for that I am truly VERY sorry. Unfortunately, right now I think drivers and fans just want some definite answers!

Crystal

First off, I'd like to give credit where its due. Specifically, to Tracy who picked up a lot of responsibility when Jeff passed away. As you'll remember, a lot of things were up in the air at the time and it couldn't have been easy. Especially since she already had her hands full with her own responsibilites. Thanks Tracy. And to Anne and Curley who, as the post above notes, have sunk a lot of money in the track. I've been coming to the track since the late 50's and I've never seen it look so good. Thanks for all you have done Anne and Curley.

All that said, I hope the track can stay opened a while longer this season. As entertaining as they are, I can understand that the CRATE late models eat up a disproportionate share of the purse. And I can see why the owners don't want to go in the hole a little further each Friday night. Anne, I too hope things can be worked out at the meeting tonight. My prayer is that all involved will be willing to give a little for the greater good. Maybe then the main goal, the survival of the track, will be served.

Finally, thanks to all who have had a hand in the rebirth of the Rock. Your efforts are greatly appreciated by the fans and the drivers. For now, let's just concentrate on getting past this bump in the road to recovery. Much has been accomplished and much more can be done, IF everyone will just work together.

Anne DeBold

Oh by the way here's something else to deal with. The Department of Natural Resources have had complaints about the dirt from some people living around the track.

Anne DeBold

Tonight's meeting is being held by Danny Resisinger. He told us that we did not need to be there. I can't be there because if were are going to race on Friday, I have to pick up the concession food. Tony and Kay are the ones doing everything in their power to see this thru and that's why we are leaving it in their hands. We (Curley and I) want this track to stay open, but we just didn't know what else to do. And perhaps we should have let more people know the situation instead of praying that each week would get better. Crystal you do a fantastic job and I would just plan to be there on Friday night. We will know a lot more after tonight

Okay...

As of right now, I plan to be there on Friday night.
I was also asked to attend this meeting and help out wherever I could. Tony is unable to make it so he asked that I be there and help with the meeting. I'm unsure what Danny Resinger has to say but I'll be there as a track official/employee. Let's hope that the meeting goes well and we get some things worked out.

Crystal

Well...

I just got word that Tony is in fact going to try to make the meeting tonight as well. But, I'll still be there to help out as much as possible. I thought about not going since it is going to be so darn HOT, but I'd like some answers.

Oh by the way here's something else to deal with. The Department of Natural Resources have had complaints about the dirt from some people living around the track.
that guy still gripping .... a little dirt don't hurt nobody ... heck thats what youll be in a 100years:eek:

Back