move the chili bowl.

big pone

big pone
given the growing popularity of the chili bowl shouldn't the promoters think about moving it to say the edward jones dome?

Dauminator5 said:
That would be nice b/c its close. But The edwards jome dome is no where near the size of the chili bowl building.

Plus, doesn't the new Field Turf playing surface preclude the adaptability of the dome for other events?

'what the heck does that mean....' precisely what all of us think when trying to translate hound-isms. the jones dome and the america's center dont even come close to doing what the tulsa expo center can do. anyway, the town fathers of tulsa is not going to let the bowl leave tulsa; too many $$$$$$$$.

bp was saying about the new wonderful turf the rams try to play that you can't have any other activity but there precious football speaking of rams and blues millsey both are really do well this year aren't they

why would want to do a thing like that , they can and will bring dirt in the jones dome ,just not feasible to do so

Ok I looked up the size difference between the expo center and just the edward jones dome.

The expo center is 448,400 sq. ft. of floor space.

The edward jones dome is 1,710,430 sq. ft. of floor space.

So tell me what one is bigger? That is not including the america's center.:eek:

Never say never. I know that there has been talks in the past of moving it and at the pace it's going they will have to. It's getting way to big for that building, I heard that when they do move it that it will be moved to the astro dome. The point was that it would be nice to have it close, and the other thing was to prove to some people that the Edward jones dome is big enough.

buffwang_1 said:
It's getting way to big for that building, I heard that when they do move it that it will be moved to the astro dome.

If I'm not mistaken, I think midgets ran a race or two in the Astrodome in the late 60s.

too chili!

I think it will be too cold. do they run midgets there often? I think it would be spectacular to get a 50 midget feature on that track.

anyway I heard that some of the event will be televised. has anyone else heard this?

Back