Need SB Chevy for S-10!!!

dirtgoon

'89 S-10, 350 Smallblock
I'm on a very tight budget and need a running SB Chevy V8 to put in my 89' S-10. If anybody has 2.8 mounts and/or conversion mounts for the V8 I would also be interested in those. I don't have very much money to spend. :eek:

I went to steve smith autosports website. looks like a good book. Thanks for the tip! Have you or do you know somebody who has done this? I really want to put a powerful V8 into a small truck. seems like it would be a hell of a lot of fun to do the work and drive it. :D

I have a 350 bored 60 over short block, a set of stock 882 heads, a aluminum intake, set of valve covers I will sell it all for $600 obo The motor has only 600 miles on rebuild

I've done 4 of these kind of swaps. Steves book is worthless when doing these. I have a 454 S10 Blazer for sale $750.00 needs some work to finish, but wouldn't take much. I have no time to finish. pm me if interested

A big block in a Blazer!?! Or is that a 454 small block? I want to do the whole thing with my truck. kinda would like a 305. Would a turbo 350 be a good tranny for this job?

Its a 454 big block 700r4 B&M shifter, just needs some finishing . 305 is a good little engine, 350 would be better, th350 will work just fine. be sure to bend the lip at the fire wall and trim the ears off the transmission for clearance.

Thanks

Hey thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. I still can't believe you fit a big block in an S-10 Blazer! :D I'd like to see pictures of it.

well if I get a new driveshaft and some exhaust, I'll bring it over and give you a ride. But you gotta promise not to piss your pants when the front wheels pop off the ground.

If you need some help or have any questions about the swap, just ask.

Pat
ASE_Master_Tech@4m.net

I have s10 thats has a 2.8 in it ILL SALE THE MOTOR AND THE MOUNTS WITH IT FOR $75.00

I won't be able to start for a while. there's still a lot of stuff I need to get before I get started. I will probably try to do it over this winter. But I will probably run in to a few things that I'll need to ask questions about so I'll keep you in mind Flyin Pile. I'll put a few pics of the soon to be beast(the S-10 :D ) on here in a while.

That's a 2.5 that's in it and I have another 2.5 that would need to be rebuilt. The one that's in the truck has an internal coolant leak(milky oil). I'd sell both them motors for $75 OBO together. I just gotta get that stinky little 4 banger out of there and put something in there w/ some umph.... A V8! I wouldn't have a use for that tranny after this job either. I'd sell it along w/ the motors once I start taking everything out. Maybe a RAMS ministocker would want those :D .

I have a 350 short block 60 over with only 600 miles on it. a set of 882 heads ( needs cleaned) aluminum intake, two sets of valve covers, and a 350 turbo tranny I will sell all for $550

Damn, that sounds like a good deal. Right now I'm just trying to get as much information as I possibly can before getting started in this project. I also have to start saving up a little $.

I have a couple few ?'s that I would like to throw at anybody who can answer them:

Does anybody know where I could find a driveshaft to fit?
What kind of radiator will I have to get?
Are there any upgrades I will have to do to the suspension and brakes?
I might switch out the rear drum brakes w/ some discs.
Also, will the stock rear end need any beefing up other than gearing options (traction bars, stronger axles, etc.)?

Does anybody know where I could find a driveshaft to fit? The stock driveshaft will work

What kind of radiator will I have to get? Any with at least 3 core, Monte Carlo/ cutlass are good donars

Are there any upgrades I will have to do to the suspension and brakes? the small block dosen't add much more weight to the front, so the springs will work, the brakes, thats different. If you have a heavy foot then the stockers won't do it, if you are just a "cruiser" well they will be just fine.

I might switch out the rear drum brakes w/ some discs. Good choice, use the speedway catolog, they are the cheapest for a complete kit

Also, will the stock rear end need any beefing up other than gearing options (traction bars, stronger axles, etc.)? No, that is the same 10 dolt thats in the Camaros, and they hold up just fine behind "mild" engines.

The 2.8 liter s10 radiator will also work with two electric fans. The one I had, had one fan wired to run all the time and the other one was wired to a toggle switch. The only time I had to turn the second fan on was when I ran the a/c or it was really hot outside. But......bigger is always better on radiators.

I might be getting a 305 w/ a TH-350 out of an 80's model 4WD Sierra. For free from the same people I got the S-10 from. I'll need to rebuild the engine and have the tranny rebuilt. Will I have to get a different tailshaft and housing since it was hooked up to a 4WD transfer case?

I have a 305 you can have the guy i got it from said it had low compression just thought I would let you know

Free!?! Where ya located? Low compression I can deal with. Figured I'd have to rebuild anything I got anyway.

Hey Flyin' Pile, I think I'll take your advice and find a 2WD trans.

Back