New Class @ Bedrock

da.racing

Guys,
Frank wants to give a new class a try...it will be a RWYB "Outlaw" Class. The current 10hp/125cc class will be racing also. He is wanting to start the new, more diverse class to increase kart count so he can pay more!

The best for Last...he wants to also change from Fridays to Saturdays soon if everyone agrees on it for this year only. So,everyone please call Frank and tell him we want saturdays and to thank him for all his work. Anyway, let's get those 390's, 305 strokers, 135cc Sudams, Wankels(lol) and Lawnmower engines tuned up beacuse we have real track to run "legal" at now!!!!!!

if the racing is moved to saturdays i know for sure me and a couple other guys would not race at all anymore except for maybe every once in awhile because fridays work perfect for us, saturdays dont work at all for me.

it is easier for me to make the saturday shows. i can get off work early on fridays once a month, but customers get p*ssed when i do it all the time!! lol. my .02 is saturday!
p.s. best track around!!:)
jh

JMO: Sat. nite will bring more karts, hopefully better racing, and for sure more $$$ for the track. The folks who are used to running on Fri. would have to choose on having their weekend fragmented or find another option to get their racing fix. We can live with it either way.

Saturday's would be bad for us. Not really something you should change during the year anyway.

I don't think Saturday racing will bring more karts. We've seen this in the past. People say they will show up if you have it on Saturday, other people say they will show up if you have it on Sunday, and when you change it, they don't show up. The people who are going to race Bedrock will race Bedrock. It doesn't start until 8:00pm on Friday nights, and I've seen Jim Lovelace drive 2+ hours and make it in time.

Saturday's would be bad for us. Not really something you should change during the year anyway.

I don't think Saturday racing will bring more karts. We've seen this in the past. People say they will show up if you have it on Saturday, other people say they will show up if you have it on Sunday, and when you change it, they don't show up. The people who are going to race Bedrock will race Bedrock. It doesn't start until 8:00pm on Friday nights, and I've seen Jim Lovelace drive 2+ hours and make it in time.

I completely agree with you

it takes me a combined 2.5 hrs to drive home then straight to the track..no gas stop, food, etc..most get off at 5:00, it's really tough! We need a Saturday track!

friday

if they go to saturday, i will have a lot of good stuff for sale. 2 outlaw karts complete, spare motor, trailer , lots of extras.

#1 Saturdays would ****!!!!
#2 Why would someone go & build an engine & have nowhere to race it without checking on the rules 1st??????
#3 Finally the Outlaw class not the RYWB class gets a good kart count & someone got to go & try to screw it up WTF!!!!!!!!. this is my opinion & only my opinion. I have no problem with you running the 15 HP whatever & lets see what happens It may be dominate or it may not be dominate, after all theres 380' or so of corner there & 180' of straight away. I say lets see what happens before we go & start making new classes to acommidate 1 kart that has never ran there. as far as the 305 it is on a 10 hp platform so there for it is leagal. the 390 on the 28 kart as far as I know is not, but from what I can see it is no more domanate than when he ran the star last year. so I do not see abig deal with it but that for now is just MY OPINION. A 15 HP whatever is clearly not leagal.if you where to run every weekend with the 15HP whatever & change the outcome of someone who where running for points (legaly from the begining of the season) they might have alot more to say than I , As Far as I am concerned at this point I dont have a Big problem with it till we see how it performs, if it is agreat advanage & very dominate then it would need to be discussed. I dont see how it would be fair to change the rules mid season to accomidate 1 kart. but that again is just my opinion. I,am sure some one will say I have not even been racing this season so what is the point, I will be back very very soon on a reguar basis with a 10 HP block.

Over & out

Scott the biggest "gripe" has been with the OHV karts and that has been limited to 2 or 3 folks at most.

I'll state my opinion on the matter.....the dude in question was faster last year with his STAR. Bedrock is a setup track and no amount of HP is going to change that.

As far as the big mower goes, I'm pretty sure it was built to run Rockbranch but with it closed for the season it's sitting on the trailer. I'm with you bring it down and let's see how it runs. The OHV karts aren't any faster than the STARS.....let'em race!

The last thing we need is two classes with 6 karts each.

Scott the biggest "gripe" has been with the OHV karts and that has been limited to 2 or 3 folks at most.

I'll state my opinion on the matter.....the dude in question was faster last year with his STAR. Bedrock is a setup track and no amount of HP is going to change that.

As far as the big mower goes, I'm pretty sure it was built to run Rockbranch but with it closed for the season it's sitting on the trailer. I'm with you bring it down and let's see how it runs. The OHV karts aren't any faster than the STARS.....let'em race!

The last thing we need is two classes with 6 karts each.
I agree with you guys too and also i was stating my opinion on all of it
I only heard of two peaple griping

saturday racing

WE NEED A SATURDAY NIGHT RACE . with rockbranch closed for the year we will only get to race the 3 remaining wayne city races. and we want to race . with my work schedule fridays wont work. i said before , i dont know why bedrock and belle rive would want to compete against each other for karts. if its possible to split them up,and it sounds like frank is willing to try,kudos to him. i know state pond races on sat. and as soon as they widen it out and level it up,no up hill down hill racing,we will give it another try. WE NEED A SATURDAY NIGHT RACE.

#1 Saturdays would ****!!!!
#2 Why would someone go & build an engine & have nowhere to race it without checking on the rules 1st??????
#3 Finally the Outlaw class not the RYWB class gets a good kart count & someone got to go & try to screw it up WTF!!!!!!!!. this is my opinion & only my opinion. I have no problem with you running the 15 HP whatever & lets see what happens It may be dominate or it may not be dominate, after all theres 380' or so of corner there & 180' of straight away. I say lets see what happens before we go & start making new classes to acommidate 1 kart that has never ran there. as far as the 305 it is on a 10 hp platform so there for it is leagal. the 390 on the 28 kart as far as I know is not, but from what I can see it is no more domanate than when he ran the star last year. so I do not see abig deal with it but that for now is just MY OPINION. A 15 HP whatever is clearly not leagal.if you where to run every weekend with the 15HP whatever & change the outcome of someone who where running for points (legaly from the begining of the season) they might have alot more to say than I , As Far as I am concerned at this point I dont have a Big problem with it till we see how it performs, if it is agreat advanage & very dominate then it would need to be discussed. I dont see how it would be fair to change the rules mid season to accomidate 1 kart. but that again is just my opinion. I,am sure some one will say I have not even been racing this season so what is the point, I will be back very very soon on a reguar basis with a 10 HP block.

Over & out

Ok, lets just keep building antiquated stuff ..where's my model T at anyway??? Strictly going by the rules> There is no 10hp flathead in existance that will even come close to making as much hp a 125cc sudam so, whats thier point with giving the smokers an advantage? Do you have something against building an engine that will outperform the old flatty stuff? As far as changing rules to accomidate 1 kart, that might just add up wayyyy less complaining! Maybe you just want less competition..i dont! I know progression is tough for some to deal with!
-Ron.

i run my limited mod animal with open outlaws hell boys dont be scared lets go racing!!!!!!!!!ive out run 305s and two strokes.

if the racing is moved to saturdays i feel that we will lose many of the usuals that have been running here for years, including myself. and i really doubt that many new people would show up to run on saturdays. plus i dont think there is a competition between bedrock and bell rive, because i know im not going to drive an hour and a half to race there everyweek when i can just drive ten minutes to get to bedrock. JMO, im sure there are plenty of people who agree and disagree with me

Back