new I-55 sn rain date.....

upsmanluvracin

I heard July 17 is the new sn date for I-55....Not 100% if true, did anybody else hear this yet???? thanks for your help...

July 12th is the only open date on the SN schedules between now and the final race. It can only be on that date or after the final race.

The I-55 SN has not been rescheduled. Yes, July 12 is a travel date. Today is July 5. UMP has offered July 12 as a make-up day to other tracks if they got rained out. The other tracks have gotten their shows in. One week to do the proper promoting will be tough. Brownstown and I-55 both have rainouts. hmmm!!!??

In the past, they have made these races up. But, it won't be a Summernationals point date....full payout...and usually less cars.

Who Cares if it is made up as a summernationals race, or not, any $10,000 to win late model race at Pevely, on any date, will be awesome!!!!

They would have to charge you $40-$50 to sit in the stands for $25,000 to win show.

They would charge you. I'm not sure they'd have to. With the amount that Pevely holds and the consessions they do alot better than break even on the big shows.

How much are tickets to races like the Show-Me 100? And what makes races like that any different than a $25,000 to win at a track like I-55? Not trying to ruffle feathers but I would like to know why big shows like we see at other tracks aren't possible at I-55. Pevely has to be one of the most successfull and popular tracks in the Midwest, if not the Nation. But it always seems that there is a reason why events larger than $10,000 or $15,000 can't be held there and I'd just like to know why that is.

I-55 doesn't like to have multi-day shows (management preference for several reasons). Shows that pay big money are usually more than one day or have very high prices.

I believe the Show-Me 100 tickets were $40.

Just looked at the Batesville Speedway website and checked the ticket prices for the Altell 100. Highest grandstand tickets where $20.00 on the day of the 100 lapper. Pit passes where only $35.00. True, the event was a multiple day show, but they paid $100,000.

Batesville is also hosting the Topless 100 in August which pays $43,000 to the winner of a 3 day event. Tickets for the Thursday practice session is FREE!!!! And only $15 to get in the pits that day. Friday and Saturday you'll pay $20 for grandstand seating and an additional $10 for a pit pass on Friday and $15 on Saturday.

Also looked at Red River Valley Speedway which is paying $40,000 for a WoO event in August and it's a two day event with a $5,000 to win qualifying event for the first day. Reserve seating in the top seats for day one is $28.00. It's $35.00 for the best seating to see the $40,000 to win race. You pay $5-7 more for tickets at the gate.

My point isn't to tick people off about this. I just think that the drivers and most definately the fans (at least on this site) would love to see I-55 do shows like this. I was very disappointed to hear that the Pepsi Nationals was shortened to a 1 day show a few years back. Just wish that the promoting would get behind a large scale event like this at least once to see how it's accepted by the drivers and fans. It might not work, it might be a flop. But at least give it a shot. It seems to be working for other tracks why not let I-55 flurish as well!?!

Back