New Officers Elected

BAD BOB

sick & twisted old man
John Barr was elected the new President of the Rams assn.
There were no other candidates on the ballot....there were
several write in candidates who all refused the positions.
(With the exception of Butch Hartman) who accepted the
position of V.P... Hartman's 1st decision as V.P. was to ban all
Rams members and guests from posting on the Rams forum..

The closing of the forum

Concerning the forum, it was not my idea to close it. Due to certain instances and situations caused the Rams forum to be closed. It was not my first act as Rams V.P. At the meeting Sunday, I had made the comment about something needing to be done concerning the forum and the situations that have arose in the past. I am going to contact Trashdog this morning and see what we can do. I would like it to be an informative forum and any vehicles for sale, events coming up, rules, and results be listed where any Rams and non Rams members can view and find what they are looking for. From what I have gathered yesterday is that J. Dearing has supplied the Four cylinder forum for anything that wants to be discussed. I have already accepted the fact that you cant please all the people all the time, and that things always get worse before they get better. I belive that the Rams orginazation has a great amount of potential and large amounts of room to grow. If anyone has any comments or questions please feel free to send me a private message, a post, or even call me.

I was one of the disappointed Stl. members that could not post on the Rams board! :( I let everone know it also! :mad: Then I felt better.
So who all is going to be able to post on the Rams board? When will I get the golden key to get into it? And why not just post everything pertaining the Rams under the 4 cyc web sight since that is where everyone will be!
Or is the Rams sight for just Political information with out it becoming politics?
Either way good luck to everyone with another new leaf for the Rams. Hope it's another successful year!

I think it's a way of cleaning up the board. I doubt it's permanant. Maybe, just maybe - it's a strong stance saying they're cleaning it up, tired of the bickering, tasteless jokes and wanting to turn the image back around. Be patient.

Then again, that's just my opinion.

racewidow said:
I think it's a way of cleaning up the board. I doubt it's permanant. Maybe, just maybe - it's a strong stance saying they're cleaning it up, tired of the bickering, tasteless jokes and wanting to turn the image back around. Be patient.

Then again, that's just my opinion.
Tasteless jokes? You might want to call Trashdog..
He may appoint you Treasurer...

Edit of previous post...

I should have added pot stirring. See, this is what I'm talking about. Don't you guys see that this kind of stuff makes the whole association look bad?

racewidow said:
Edit of previous post...

I should have added pot stirring. See, this is what I'm talking about. Don't you guys see that this kind of stuff makes the whole association look bad?
To have "Pot stirring", someone must first put something in the Pot
(or, in some instances, take something out of the pot):rolleyes:
Otherwise, theres nothing to stir:D

LOL - thanks for continuing to prove my point. :D

By the way, I do love some of your jokes (I don't read all, but some are pretty darn funny), but I've read on other boards in this forum how shocked some are at some of the jokes and the people they've come from. What I was getting at - it was an image that maybe they're trying to wipe clean and do their best from now on. I wish them the best of luck and I'm sure that with the improvements made from this year and the fresh outlook for this year, things will get better and better. I would personally hate to see this class die - look what it did for JPR, Wolf, Shannon and even Rick - with the potential of the LaGarces, Wes, Butch, Jack and so many others to learn and move up. It's a wonderful starter class, I just hope it stays that way.

Good luck to all in the 2006 season.

RAMS Forum

I was pretty upset about the whole 'blocking RAMS members and guests from posting on the forum' too. Now I've got to look at even more forums every day. And now it's going to be even MORE complicated to say congrats to the drivers. (ex. read the results on the RAMS, then come to the 4 cylinder forum and post a congrats there) I dunno. Guess it was what was supposed to happen if it happened for a reason. Dunno. Whatever.

Closed forum

hartman343 said:
Concerning the forum, it was not my idea to close it. Due to certain instances and situations caused the Rams forum to be closed. It was not my first act as Rams V.P. At the meeting Sunday, I had made the comment about something needing to be done concerning the forum and the situations that have arose in the past.
In the big scheme of things closing the Rams forum is no big deal. The downside is more people are likely to see and read on this forum, what you did not want them to see in the first place...... Jon Reando

My thought is that as members or fans of the rams organization the website or forum was for these members and fans of this class, so they should be able to post and discuss what ever! Even when it comes to complaints or arguments, it is good to let everyone post so they can get it off thier chest. (What happen to freedom of speach!)This allows people to hear, argue, reflect. This will also allow them to think before reacting. If we think or a track thinks that the rams should not be a candidate for there track because of comments on a wed site forum is laim. I know that the people in Malden are fine people and my grandfather is a personal friend of the owner. This is not the reason they are thinking about the rams its because there is controversy and everyone knows that contrversy is racing and that my friends is what fills the seats. Every class has the same problems we are just fortunate that we choose to discuss and argue on our forum. We are a diverse, and large community of people that are from a wide range area and this makes a easy way for all to communicate. So give us back are site or shut it completely down and call us the Dirt 4 Cylinder Class! Thank You.

What?

When did Millsey become a RAMS board member? Last post I saw on the RAMS forum clearly said that only RAMS board members would be allowed to post on that forum and today there's a post by Millsey? I thought maybe they had opened the forum back up to the members...especially ACTIVE members who attended races and meetings (which Millsey did neither of this past year), but when I tried to post.........I was DENIED!!! What's up with that? THE QUESTION IS...IS MILLSEY NOW CONSIDERED TO BE A RAMS BOARD MEMBERS??? IF SO..........HOW??????? Did we vote on this? Enquiring minds want to know. :mad:

actually that doesnt sound like a bad idea. However Majority rules as we all know. the question I would have is if a company donates merchandise and we auction it off wouldnt that be for profit? We are a non-profit org right?

Maybe it's because of his special talents....

Attachments

• The Big Man.jpg
    The Big Man.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 177

Back