off with spoilers says sammy ump

jetwind

macdoodlewhip say he heard sam stating that at the imis show on the phone in the ****ter that in april he was 110 percent sure he would announce it?!!!!!!!!

I dont see it happening but who knows. Everyone would have to take them off after spending the winter putting them on plus all the body work.

Welcome to the mighty wonderful world of UMP,,,At least they are leaving the street stocks alone this year!

macdoodlewhip say he heard sam stating that at the imis show on the phone in the ****ter that in april he was 110 percent sure he would announce it?!!!!!!!!

WOW, I've heard of a sh!thouse lawyer, now there's a sh!thouse informant!!!!

THANX RICH

People say I'm getting crankier as I get older. That's not it. I just find I enjoy annoying people a lot more now. Especially younger people!!!

WOW, I've heard of a sh!thouse lawyer, now there's a sh!thouse informant!!!!

THANX RICH

People say I'm getting crankier as I get older. That's not it. I just find I enjoy annoying people a lot more now. Especially younger people!!!

Maybe just a sh!thouse rumor Rich! LOL!!!!

Maybe just a sh!thouse rumor Rich! LOL!!!!

Please say it isn't so.....Certainly not a rumor on here???

THANX RICH

Was sitting right there when my buddy called UMP today. They are definetly planning on removing the spoilers for mods in an effort to slow the big motors down. Best thing UMP has ever thought about doing. Make a friendly phone call or write a friendly letter to UMP thanking them for making a smart decision for once.

Maybe they need to try something a little more cost effective this is what a $15 part maybe try cuttingback on the tire bill by going hard tires only or maybe cutting back on the $20,000 dollar motors but this is just my opinion
Chris

Maybe they need to try something a little more cost effective this is what a $15 part maybe try cuttingback on the tire bill by going hard tires only or maybe cutting back on the $20,000 dollar motors but this is just my opinion
Chris

I am with Chris. Taking off a spoiler to slow down a guy that is spending that kind of money on an engine to me is like tripping over a dollar to pick up a penny. I would start with getting rid of the titanium valve-train so guys cannot turn the big rpms, consider limiting the heads so we don't have 13 degree motors and do something about the obscene $300 shocks. Same guys will win with or without the spoiler in my opinion.

So let me get this straight, some one calls UMP and verifies they're going to pull the spoilers off the mods but it's not going to announced until next year????

Hello! Hasn't it already been announced?????

TTG/MM

yeah makes me wonder why they even put the 2012 rule book out already it has the spoiler specs right in it. pretty sad ump wont get on here and confirm this. you know they read it

going to a 8,000 chip rule would lessen the need for shaft rockers and titanium valves, etc. going to a harder tire that lasts longer would lower a guys tire bill. i hear EMODS are going up $9 each to the $120 range, where the hockey pucks are supposed to be around $82-$85 a piece. it is getting to the point where a guy cant afford to have nice enough equipment to run up front at a bigger show and then afford to race at a weekly race. $300 a piece shocks? i hear some guys have $600 a piece shocks. USRA runs a chip rule, weight breaks for crate motors and steel heads, and a hard tire, and their national championship pays $10,000. but at least UMP is going to make things cheaper by taking off the spoilers..........

good post jimmy...ump needs to do something that is worth a **** other than spoilers....limit these high horsepower motors and give the mods a tire that will last and that u dont have to have new ones nightly. all divisions are getting way outta hand dollar wise....i say i will be back some year but if things dont change i will continue to spectate. everything is probably wishful thinking. time will tell.

Back