Outlaw race a JOKE!

RACN 22

I havn,t been to Granite since May 03. First, there was NO passing in any of the sprint heats all winners came from front row. The only charge I seen was Kevin Swindell in the mini sprint feature until he got into another car and his tire went flat. Second, The score board was not working a guy next to us said it hasn,t worked all year. Third, $3 for a fxxking HOT DOG!! Concession prices were TOO high. Tim Shaffer was the lone excitement of the sprint feature!
Whats your opinion?

Shaffer did do some passing..in his heat..and the feature..went on the high side that noone went too!

The Outlaw race was good, in my opinion. When I go to see the Outlaws, I don't expect to see much passing, but I do expect to see high speeds and the top names in sprint car racing. Plus, sprints are the absolute baddest cars on the planet, so I got exactly what I expected. Concession prices? Competitive with the other tracks in this area.

The smell of alcohol...seeing your true good ole boys...Swindell..Kinser..The dude..out there hashing it out..and Shaffer..what a man!!! He worked that car to death..even banged wheels sometimes with others. Concession prices?? Goto any game..baseball..football..hockey..and look at those prices. Wow!!! Food was pretty good too.

Here's a question: How many people in the stands at a WoO race are your typical fans, and how many are there who go to no other races all year and are at Granite only because they get to see names they see on TV? These people are accustomed to paying high prices for Cards/Blues/Rams games--they think they're getting a deal because they don't have to pay $10 to park. Those of us who wanted to see actual RACING last night were down at Pevely only paying $10 to see 120 race cars.

LOL!!
Yea..these guys were just playing tittly winks out there..please..lol. You can tell you've never stapped your assstronomicals in a racer..and best you dont. Those guys put their lives on the line..100-150 races a year..and you gonna say they arent real racers? Not dissin Pevely either..but im saying..anyone who races a stock car..whether its sprints..street stocks...sportsman..whatever..they all deserve some respect..not for a guy to come here..and say..our racing was actual racing. Guessin the feature was a big script..ey? With the crashes..and blown engines..as part of the plot??

Of course you stick up for Tri-City Doug, you have vested interest. The racing on this half mile is rarely exciting. The horses at Fairmount would put on a better show on this track because that's what it is, a flat horse track.

And to comment on your Outlaws never pass comment, yes they do, but not at Granite City. And finally I know of no track in the area who charges $3.00 for a hot dog, can you name one?

RacerRod

RACN 22 said:
I havn,t been to Granite since May 03. First, there was NO passing in any of the sprint heats all winners came from front row. The only charge I seen was Kevin Swindell in the mini sprint feature until he got into another car and his tire went flat. Second, The score board was not working a guy next to us said it hasn,t worked all year. Third, $3 for a fxxking HOT DOG!! Concession prices were TOO high. Tim Shaffer was the lone excitement of the sprint feature!
Whats your opinion?

The passing deal: No big news flash,The sprints have been like this for several years now. If you've got the money, you can run the exact same thing that Kinser and Lasoski have on/in their cars. Just pray the track dries out and then you can see where the real talent is.

The score board: simple, if there was no passing, why do you need the score board to know where the cars are?

Concession Prices: Did you buy that $3 hot dog? If you did, then that's why it's $3. Quit buying them and then maybe they will drop the prices. Grab something to eat before you show up. Then grab something else afterwards.

Other than that I thought it was an average show. Biggest car count TCS has seen in a while.

Did you guys hear Steve's comments about the ski jumps on the front straight? It is starting to look a little like a baja track, wouldn't you agree.

racin90 said:
you gonna say they arent real racers? Not dissin Pevely either..but im saying..anyone who races a stock car..whether its sprints..street stocks...sportsman..whatever..they all deserve some respect..not for a guy to come here..and say..our racing was actual racing.

By actual racing I meant passing. H--l, one can go out to the Bonneville Salt Flats and see cars go 400-750 MPH--but it's not really racing. Steve Maisel coming from the 6th row in his consi to transfer, and then coming from the back to win the main--even if Weber DID get that flat--THAT'S racing.

Funny how earlier in the year I got blasted for criticizing the sportsman class for often producing crashfests, and when I defend them in saying they produce better RACING than another class, I get flak for that, too. :rolleyes:

Brandon Paul said:
Here's a question: How many people in the stands at a WoO race are your typical fans, and how many are there who go to no other races all year and are at Granite only because they get to see names they see on TV? These people are accustomed to paying high prices for Cards/Blues/Rams games--they think they're getting a deal because they don't have to pay $10 to park. Those of us who wanted to see actual RACING last night were down at Pevely only paying $10 to see 120 race cars.

I went to Pevely over Tri-City....the track was awesome, and the speeds were high. Excellent races, I was impressed. I will be back next year.

The scoreboard hasn't worked since last fall. I gave up asking why it hasn't been fixed. It was nice to be able to see what lap each race was on & see the top car numbers when it worked.

Newsflash!!!! You can buy a whole 8 or 10 pack of hotdogs at the grocery store for anywere between .99 cents and $3.00 dollars depending on the brand name. If you paid $3.00 for a single hotdog from TCS then you deserved to see a race with no passing! LOL! I believe I-55 sells their hotdogs for like $1.25 or $1.50. You can even bump up to a brat for less than $2.00!!!! I've come to expect nothing more than fast cars when I go to a race at TCS on the 1/2. And when I'm in the mood for those types of racing that's were I go. Otherwise, I'll be at I-55!!!!

to tell you the truth i can't believe someone isn't really hurt after that race at tri city.if anyone got the chance to look down the front straight it was crazy because there wasn't a flat part of the track.i guess that is why those are the best sprint car drivers in the world.for someone wanting to see a great race should have spent the money on gas friday and went to indiana and watched the outlaws.that was the best show i think i have ever seen in any class of racing.also to comment on the passing it is kinda hard to pass on a track that doesn't get that wide. i have been to belleville before when the track was dry slick after hot laps and it was follow the leading around the bottom.

Brandon Paul said:
What exactly is a typical fan????????? So I`m not a typical fan cause I travel thru out the states to watch sprint car racin. I have never been to a Blues/ Rams/ game in my life. Baseball once and just couldn`t get into it. No I`m not accustomed to paying high prices I too thought the food was high price compare to a .75 pepsi at Eldora. I have been going to sprint car racin for 44 years and I have witness some of greatest drivers of all time race side by side. I would never knock down another race fan like you did me. I support all racin and support my local hometown tracks too.

You know, Brandon, I only go to Gateway for IRL or Busch races, or something of that nature, but they do run a lot more racing throughout the year than that. Just because I only go to the track when the big names show up, that doesnt make me any less of a fan of racing. And I pay in excess of $50 for that. (I dont ever remember a 3 buck hotdog there, though...:confused: )

Pevely over Outlaws?

Well, all I can say is I have been to both I-55 and Tri City. Both tracks have had their ups and downs. Having said that, anyone more interested in seeing the local farmers run at I-55 over the greatest show on dirt(WoO) musta got a free pass into the track. Prices are high at Outlaw events because the shows are expensive to promote and pay for. Sanction fees, purses, etc are high. Promoters really stick their neck out to bring quality racing to the area. Is it appreciated?...I would say YES! Thats why there were 48 sprints and probably 3500+ people at Granite City, while Pevely maybe had 500 spectators.

BTW...the food at I-55 is marginal at best. No wonder the dogs are $1.50ea

Back