outlaws next year at bedrock,blue wazzom

CARL BAUR

CARL BAUR 6b
i am not sure about blue wazzoms, i beleve there is still room to cheat in this class from what i have heard.I would like to see two outlaw classes.22 cu in and down in one.23 cu in and up in anouther.this could be checked easy buy bore and stroke.all needs to be done is pull the head and check.Would like to see some guys come who didnt race last year,because they thought they didnt have a chance with the ten horses.The cu measurement would solve this problem, 5 hp could race each other 22cu and down,10 hp could race each other 23 cu in up,no other rules would be needed? Hope this could get kart count up for frank.what does every on think?we need to have a better plan than last years.every one left the rules meeting last year with no decisions being made.this cost us some racers i am sure.I would like to at least see if two classes are fesable.what is every one who is going to race outlaws think.I hear there are some new guys next year?as far as cost, i won and was up front last year with a 15 cu in motor that cost $1400 not much more than a top level stock.

no way to cheat in the wazoom if tech is done..the side cover is sealed,if seal is gone,altered or touched the they are dq'ed..only area you could cheat in a wazoom is ports and carb....when teched if you check seal,carb,pull head,and ports there will be nobody illegal,if they are you will find it and they will be dq'd...wazoom is about the best class and bang for the buck..

well the way i look at it is. there are some outlaws out there that could sell their motors and have alot of money to buy other things to go racing like tires and such.the plus side to the wazooms are they last along time and they are sealed like you said. they cost under 700 bucks.plus has anyone ever seen a blue wazoom race they ain't slow. the outlaws are a good class but i think to get more people into the class that has more hp they need to do something because you said you have 1400 in your motor. well that is 700 you could go spend on whatever you want. i am sure your wazoom would get more races. you could pretty much run a full season on one. now wouldn't that be nice to be in the class with the most hp and not have to worry about cost and get a whole season out of your motor.just a thought i talked to you guys about it last year and you said that everyone already had motors and stuff. well this would give you time to sell and get ready for next year.so it just needs to be talked about.

Outlaw Options

Sounds good Carl, You brought up some good points! #1 : Blue Wazoom,an excellent class,very economical,dependable too.But,as JYI found out,there were ways to cheat.A good tech can cure this. #2: Dividing the 5hp & 10hp from each other should be,the Briggs's just can't be competative with the Stars without blowing up.My problem with the OpenClass is simpley this,it's out of control.Way to expensive,the BIG BORE,dual plug,billet everything Star can cost around $3,500!!!! How many of us want to invest that much $$ to play 1 night a week??I'd like to see Standard bore a rule for Open Stars.This alone brings the cost down $1500 easy.A good Standard Bore Star built correctly puts out big HP,and they're very dependable too.
A big "Can o Worms" has been opened! I'd like to suggest forming an "Outlaw Rules Committee" Take these head-aches off of Franks shoulders.
I nominate Carl B to head it up,does anyone second the motion?

thought the idea of outlaw is to run what you got?ihave had low cost stars a ran better than most two strokes.if you wanna play hard you gotta pay.its that way in any type of racing.

for the outlaws the cubic inch rules would be alright to go by,but then again will there be anough poeple to compete in two different classes?.....i still say blue wazoom is the way to go..they are very powerful,very economical,very cheap and will go 15 races before needing freshened if weekly maintanance is done right..if you are worried about cheating a good tech advisor will cure the problem..the topend is the only area besides the carb and ports you can cheat due to the side cover being sealed..$700 dollars and you got one ready to bolt on and race..

I know this opens a can of worms but,how do we get every one to tell us what the majority would like to do.if you want blue wazzoms that fine to start anouther class.every one is not going to like to watch there stars and briggs open rot.besides they are twice the hp of blue wazzoms.we maybe need a list of every one who plans to race at bedrock and talk to each and see what there plans are? I can see it now at rules meeting no decision will be made unless we have enough people commited to what ever class they are going to run.am open for suggestions. as far as tech blue wazzom that would be anouther thing frank would have to listen to people wine about.cut and dry with out law.just would llike everone who is going to race!! outlaws to make a decision and commit.

out of the outlaws that i seen at bedrock there was maybe one that was twice the power of a wazoom,ther were only four there and the others were more like superstocks..the wazoom is around 15 hp,cost around $700,and doesnt have to be rebuild 3 times a season like the outlaws..in a tru outlaw class,the rules are whatever you do is pretty much legal....$1500 is the cost of an engine you do yourself,no labor charge or any of that..on a true balls to the wall outlaw briggs we get anywhere from $1900-$3000 depending on how fast you wanna go...i wont be there weakly so this is all just my opinion im throwing at you guys..i say use some rules like carl said and if you have enough for the wazoom class,form it and watch everyone else move to that class once they see the wazooms run....if tech is done right there will be no whining,without tech in any class then you might as well all run outlaw cause someone in every class is illegal if there is no tech!!!!

also a little hint..you want a good outlaw,use a animal..we have been dynoing them for a month now and i tell you what they are amazing how much more torque and hp they pull over the flathead briggs....

I have been trying to set some kind of limits on the outlaw class for two years now. We go to the preseason meeting and talk about all this stuff and then when the season starts nothing has changed. First everyone was runnung stock blocks, then came the blockzillas, and finally the stars. Where does it end. If I come over with a $5000 rhino and blow everybody away every week what fun is that. Then everyone needs a $5000 motor to be competitive or run in the back. There is alot of people that would like to race the outlaws but cant invest that kind of money. The cost has gotten way out of hand. I think the easiest way is to run the briggs and blockzillas in one class and the everything else in another like we talked about at the meeting last year.

i understand what you are saying about the cost of the outlaws,but what do you expect from an outlaw class,that is the point..if you want a motor with alot of power and a little less cost why not go to superstocks,limiteds,unlimiteds or the wazoom..so to a point i understand where you guys are coming from and then i dont understand at the same time..

even with the briggs and blockzillas in one class,the blockzilla is what we use on our opens and you can wrap up a few thousand in one of them just as well as anything else..if you want to keep cost down then have one class for briggs production class with briggs blocks and certain bores,and then an anything goes class for the big bad zillas,stars,ect.......

now i wasn't saying just do away with the outlaws i am just saying you guys didn't bring in the number of karts that everyone thought was gonna happen from the rules meeting last year. so i was just seeing if yall wanted to do a class where you could get alot of karts and go fast.bedrock isn't a big track so you don't even get to open the outlaws up. it really doesn't matter to me but i am just saying if you guys want to have some big shows come to bedrock you have to look at what the big shows are running like tulsa. this year tulsa had animal classes out there so when are people gonna be able to start running those around here. so it just would be nice if we were gonna be on top of the game around here and be able to go run big shows we have the same stuff they do. i think down at warrenburg they run mostly two cycles idk where else they run opens besides maybe bedrock and junkyard. so it was just a thought but just trying to help some classes out and save some guys some money so more people can come out and race and feel like they can win

how many 5hp outlaws could bedrock have?

how many 10 hp outlaws could bedrock have?

It just comes down to kart counts.if only 3 people show up with 5hp outlaws it wont be much fun so we will end up all togeather in one class.how do we get more of each?

brandon i agree with you to a point and carl i understand what you are saying.you ask how to get more cars,well the only way is to have a class that dont cost alot and has pretty descent payback like the stock classes..what turns most poeple away from outlaws is COST..i know you can build one pretty reasonable if you do it yourself but most everyone buys there engines..i build engines for alot of poeple and i know first hand they dont wanna spend alot..i have an outlaw sitting in the shop and havent ran it in two years simply because nobody is running them.this is a big problem with tracks all over the country..right now there are a huge amount of karts setting in garages all over the country collecting dust because of the cost,and the economy right now isnt that great to boot...warrensburg has outlaws and gets quit a few of them but as brandon said they are mostly stars and 2 cycles.there are a few briggs but not alot of em...

It's good you guys are working on this now,not last minute. As for 5hp Briggs opens,they're kind of limited and maxed.Still they can't run with Stars or 2 stokes.A strong Star can be built for about $1000,and run all year without freshup.But on the other hand,a maxed out Star costs around $3000! WOW
Have you guys given any thought to the World Formula's? A sealed engine,OHV,complete for about $900.Supposedly they make 17hp.Also have electric starters built in.I've been told they're going to replace Blue Wazoom eventually.
Then there's always 2cycle,most power for the $$ All the big RWYB events are dominated by 2 strokes.

yep i agree with i refin i mean the 2 cycles are pretty much the way to go on the opens but i was just i want to see everyone have a chance to win no matter what class it is. It would be nice to see guys from bedrock be able to go to big shows and run good. I am not saying money isn't gonna play a big part in whatever you guys want to do but the oulaws there is really no limit. The idea here is to let every member is say a family be able to race. Or whatever the case may be we want as karters to get as many karts out there as possible not only for Frank and Bedrock but for us as racers. I know no one likes to race in a class with 3 karts just isn't any fun. So what is you win every week it doesn't matter it gets old. Just trying to think of way that some of these guys who may have kids in karting or just want to race something that maybe don't wanna run with the stockers can do without breaking the bank. So it all comes down to like Carl said how many people are gonna be in which class.

the world formulas isnt a bad choice if it will be a class run with the engine how you bought it,no parts aded..if you run the world formula as a outlaw type engine then you will not be getting anywhere because it cost a few thousand to build them up as well..the best way to go in a open application is the 2 stroke as much as i hate them..you have about a thousand in a bad to the bone 2 stroke and only change piston and rings when you freshen it,and they will get with the program...i dont run opens simply because there is no car count or payout..i run the stk classes because there are goo car counts anywhere you go,descent payout,and the competition is second to none.each car is within seconds of the next one and you plain and simple will not go out and just outmotor anyone,stk motors are built so close to one another...i wish we could get a open class going with car counts and payout,would be a blast

outlaws

carl glad to see you guys are talking about that class.i think we need a person from every class to be a spokesman. it would be great to have a meeting where we can get feedback from the racers to make bedrocks kart count go up so the pay out will go up. it is hard to pay the bills and the payout when you only have 3 karts in a class. i know last year the outlaws where talking about running different weights for different motors.not sure how that will work. we ran one nite and with kurt being so small never could get that kart to hook up with all the weight to make 360lbs. that is why we went back to the stock class. frank has never had a problem with making a new class,or changing a class to make the racers want to come back. :D

you can get a lot of money in stockers also.i run a four stroke outlaw and a two stroke has a hard time with it because i have more torque and less rpms.

Outlaws are exactly that....OUTLAWS.

If you can't run with the big dogs stay on the porch.
Looks like somebody already spent their money on a blue wazzoom.If you want some interesting racing put the wazzoos and the 10 hp's together in the same races with different scoring for each class.That will separate the men from the boys.
Whatever it is you all decide lets get it done before the season so we don't have to listen to all the cryin again.

If all you want is a big pay out go to the Queen & put your money in a slot Machine the Pay back would be about the same , I am un aware of any form of motor sports that doesnt have Huge sponsorships that have big payouts. as far as a blue wazo class or outlaws, I plan on running Outlaws. If there is a 5 horse & 10 Horse Class I ll run both, JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT!!!! I also think there should be 2 class of Outlaws Based on Cubic inches. As far as Blockzillas Vs Stock Block the only difference is durability,They should be run together. If you want to start another class that would be great but you shouldn't bash or ask others to take a step backwards to start it. Also would like to know WHO Iam talking to Does racer 94 & 34 Have names?, do you run the OUTLAW class at Bedrock?, do you even race at bedrock? these are Question we would all like Answers to.I am thankfull that Frank gives us a nice place we can race at every weekend. Hell I'd race for a Cheap trophy or a ribbon or nothing every weekend and like it. I agree with MIZURI DIRT whoever the fella is. Lets just get it settled before the season starts. OVER & OUT!

Back