Petition for our RAMS website

Tony Littrell

94T/94S/15A
Lets start a petition to get our RAMS forum back! To let everyone from racers to fans post on there!

I am no longer a RAMS member, but i do think it is unfair to block people from voicing their opinions especialy paid RAMS members. ( here goes the BOOOOOO HOOOOOOO ) :rolleyes: I like it to keep in touch with everyone :) LD

I for one am all for having the Rams forum opened up for the members
as long as we have a moderator that doesn't edit every post to suit
his own personal agenda...

Rams Forum

I agree, How can it get any worse. At least that way the rest of the 4-cylinder racing world doesn't have to read about it.

I agree

I am sure the Pro 4 and Hornets would really appreciate not having to weed through our dirty laundry to find posts related to their class. Lets go back to the RAMS forum and give them their forum back.

That doesn't seem fair that they closed your board. Can't you write the administrator and complain?

I'll sign a petition, so that us four cylinder racers can get our boring normal forum back.

I HONESTLY THINK YA'LL SHOULD BE ALLOWED ON THERE. WHY NOT? ANYONE WHO THEY'RE TRYING TO HIDE ANYTHING FROM WOULD PROBABLY JUST COME TO THIS FORUM AND READ IT ANYWAY. IF I WERE THEM, I'D WONDER WHY THATS THE ONLY FORUM THAT CAN BE POSTED ON. :confused:

Here is the deal........to have an association you must have members!! In order to keep members you must listen to your members!! This association is only as strong as it's members are! And that my friends you can take as the gosple.
And another thing there are no RAMS fans if there are no RAMS. So instead of saying "Good another complainer gone" we need to be saying good we saved another member and we are getting bigger not smaller. If you are an officer you should agree and this is the reason you were put into the office, to grow in members, tracks, and fans. These are they ways you look out for our best intrest, not micromanaging what we say on the forum that was intended for us. And if you don't agree then we would expect you to step down so that we can get the officers in place to do so. Just my oppinion, my view as car owner, and racer.

Also, I have a question for our leaders.....Why would we give up a track (Doerun) for a track that is not ever open nor is there a confrimation that it will open? Can a officer explain?

If an organization only as strong as it's members then it seems the RAMS organization is in serious trouble. You all want to whine and complain about the the people YOU voted in to office, and if you didn't vote then you only have yourself to blame. If you have an issue you want to address, you show up to the monthly meeting, face the officers and the members and address the issue. It's easy to be cowards and bad mouth someone on a forum. Why don't you try being adults and show up to the meetings to address the issues?

mekara said:
If an organization only as strong as it's members then it seems the RAMS organization is in serious trouble. You all want to whine and complain about the the people YOU voted in to office, and if you didn't vote then you only have yourself to blame. If you have an issue you want to address, you show up to the monthly meeting, face the officers and the members and address the issue. It's easy to be cowards and bad mouth someone on a forum. Why don't you try being adults and show up to the meetings to address the issues?

I only joined stlracing.com yesterday, and to be honest I only looked at this board because I saw the "duck" people on here. In my circles, "duck" is a closely related group to me so it just caught my eye. However, once I went back and read some of the items on this board it's quite embarrassing to anyone associated with the group. I don't understand why a couple of people continually are fighting on here. If you don't want to be a member of some group then why act like such a baby and continually cry about everything within that group. Quit and move on. I don't understand why the RAMS don't use their own board since it's already on here. But I've always known the racing community to be such warm, good people it's really disheartening to seen so much hate and discontent. Come on people you're better than what you are showing on here.

Alright will try to answer what i know

First I accepted the VP spot since I was nominated for it. But if my memory serves me right, there wasnt a whole lot of people volunteering for the openings. I believe that the Rams orginazation has some flaws but yet has so much room to grow and I would like to try to help that happen. At the rules meeting concerning the Rams, the members voted and the majority wanted certain changes. Those changes were not what the Doe Run track was seeing for the growth and expansion of the class at their track. The Doe Run track had a different vision for expanding the class of ministocks. If a person builds a race vehicle that is 100% by the Rams rules, that vehicle would be illegal by Doe Runs track rules, wherein lies the differance. How would it be fair for head to head racing for points if a Doe Run car is running for Rams points at Doe Run but a Rams rules built car wouldnt be legal to run there. As far as the Rams orginazation as a whole, there are several things that are in the works to try to improve and expand the orginazation. As far as the members, yes the majority rules, I am dissappointed that we are loosing some members I believe once the season starts and things get rolling, the membership will start to grow and some of the old members might come back. I believe I am trying to do things beneficial for the Rams, if people think otherwise, let me know and I will step down and let someone else have a wing at it. I believe that all the past officers have done numerous things to make the Rams grow and expand and made their own contributions. I have tried to call and talk to several differant people, like Steve, Brain, Tony, Curt, Jason Brewington, Rob Denny, Wolf, and even some non Rams members. If anyone has any complaints or problems with me personally or what I am doing, call me I am easy to reach my shop number is 573-517-7500 or my cell number is 573-587-1870. I would rather talk on the phone becouse it makes it easier to explain or understand the point being made. I am probably going to get bashed but I dont think I have done anything or said anything for grounds of bashing. Sorry to ramble on, but I CANT WAIT FOR RACING TO START, so things will settle down, maybe:D .

I had been member of the RAMS since it was started and was one of the first officers, I served on the By-Laws committee last season (2005) and was the first to be a $500 corp. (Boyer Siding) sponsor of the RAMS the first 2 seasons. I put this on here to let people know my past involvement in the RAMS. As of this date I'm not a paid member for the first time since the RAMS were formed.
I'm not on here to BASH anyone!
Mini-Stocks were a class that got it's start in the SE Missouri (@ DRR by the Harris's and track owner Bob Johnson) by a group of guys wanting a class that the average Joe that worked could race and not break the family bank account. It was a close group of people that enjoyed each other competion as well as help.
The Rams was started to give this group of driver a say and a group speaks louder than one or two individuals. The drivers wanted to have some input into the rules and also try to venture out to some other tracks in the nearby area. It was believed in the beginning that Doe Run Raceway was going to be the home of the RAMS. The membership voted on a RAMS payout of $60 per car ( just a little higher than the DRR payout was) the RAMS President presented it to DRR and due to some reason the track and RAMS could not come to a agreement. Fredericktown Raceway was opening and said he would honor the RAMS payout ( Fredericktown honored the payout in the beginning put lowered it on their own at a later date) and that the RAMS were welcomed to call that home, which it did for 2 or so years.
During this time the members had voted some changes from the original DRR rules, no mufflers, change rear suspension from leaf to coils and some safety items. Most of the RAMS drivers stayed @ Fredericktown until it closed and some went back to racing @ DRR on Friday nights when Fredericktown start paying something other than the RAMS payout and raised pit passes to from $20 to $25 (DRR remained $20) the raise was to help form a track pionts fund that I believe no driver ever recieved. The Rams still also raced at away tracks and that included a monthly visit to MCS. As people at MCS became interested in the RAMS Class they started joining the assoc. and Mel (MCS promoter) put them on a weekly schedule the following year.
(Continued)

Part 2

Fredericktown has since closed. It may or may not reopen that has yet to be confirmed. RAMS either had to race only @ MCS on Saturday nights or build their cars/trucks within both DRR and the RAMS rules. This gave you the option to race at DRR (south) or MCS (north) or both. The MCS drivers didn't want to travel so they could support Mel and his track (that I understand ).
In 2005 the RAMS members voted to give the driver a choice to race at either or both DRR and MCS ( pending that DRR would welcome us, Bob Johnson said yes as long as they meet DRR rules). In 2005 the RAMS would count your best points night (only 1 night per week) toward the year end points fund. Some driver raced @ DRR and some @ MCS and some choice to race both to better their chances. In all I believe it was a good points race.
The 2005 Championship was won by a south driver (Shannon Birch #8).
For the 2006 season the RAMS members had voted in some new rules that have added to the cost of the class, after market rods and $500 if you wish to do a tear down. This has removed the average Joe from this class. Not many average Joes or Janes have $500 to lose if their wrong!
For 2006 DRR has went a different direction. Bob Johnson is trying to keep the average Joe/Jane a class to race in. New for 2006 is a 15lbs. vacum @ 1,000 RPM rule and a 40 hardness rule on tire.
Some drivers choice to try to comply with both DRR & RAMS rule in 2006 and take their chances. My #52 S-10 has been teched and has past for DRR 2006 rules and I only had to make some small changes to stay within DRR rules.
I as well as others that had raced at both DRR & MCS in 2005 and competed in the RAMS points Series and had plans to do so again in 2006.
DRR (Bob Johnson) posted on the net (DRR forum on stlracing.com) that it would be having a Mini-Stock Drivers meeting to go over the rules for 2006 this meeting happen to be the same Sunday the RAMS had their monthly scheduled meeting. The RAMS needed to confirm the rules that had been voted on (the ballot needed to be approved by the membership before it could be placed to a vote) at the previous meeting and they did so.
Here is where you lost some of the south!
The drivers that wish to comply and have input into DRR rules for 2006 went to that meeting and not to the RAMS meeting because the RAMS where only going to vote to confirm the new rules from the previous meeting. At that RAMS meeting someone made a motion to vote rather to allow the RAMS members that raced @ DRR to be able to count that tracks results toward the RAMS Points Fund or not. It's past 23-0 not to allow RAMS members that wish to race @ DRR to count those points. 0 to count them,Dah!those members where at the DRR meeting. How did this vote stick but the one for the rules had to be put on a member approved ballot! I believe that some of the south members don't want to be where their no longer welcomed: the RAMS.
So with this said I wish the RAMS the best!

Marty Boyer #52 M.S.O.

Back