pevely sportsman cars

nana

when will the points be updated ? like to see if belkin and nations keep them or not .neither one would tear down last night i know in the past other drivers have lost their points for not tearing down or being caught illegal.also when are they going to compression test someone?

I Don't Believe They Got Paid For Last Night Or Points. Not Sure If They'll Take Their Points For The Season. I Understand Getting Torn Down Gets Old. But, Thats Allied's Rules. If You're Going To Race With Them, Be Ready To Do It. Checking 3rd Members Is Kind Of An Easy Thing To Tech. Don't See Why They Wouldn't Have Just Done It. They Were Both In The Top 5 Last Night. It Really Makes Them Look Like They Were Hiding Something. Rather They Were Or Not, Who Knows??

They did a compression test earlier this year i know. If you feel someone is illegal then protest them and have it checked. I don't even know of anyone that i would consider being illegal compression wise. No one up there is totally dominate other than Bauman and he has been checked at Belleville and Pevely this year so we know he is fine, just a damn good driver that knows his stuff. So if someone is cheating then it isn't helping them :D. Bring on the compression test though because i know i will be just fine.

Tom

how many fuel test have been done on sportsman cars this year. you can add
things to some fuels to smell different. not saying a champion would do such a thing.
allied get the hint. and also who never needs '' cooled'' off after a feature in the sportsman class. fuel may be the answer.

hey racing35 tommy has got his car figured out to where he never needs cooled off again. ive seen the fuel he puts in his car and i bet your car uses the same stuff! hes lucky to break 200 degrees.dont think it has to do with his fuel. i cant speak for the 24 but its not like he is unbeatable so who cares if anyone is putting stuff in there fuel.

racing35

I can speak for the 24, and I know he puts NOTHING in his fuel. As a matter of fact, he does EVERYTHING BY THE BOOK. But, like someone said earlier on this post, if you feel he, or anyone else for that matter, is illegal, put up a protest.

Mandy

I would have to say that 90% of all sportsmans that have a cooling problem can be blamed on fans and lack of a good shroud. I sell a certain fan blade from GM that has cured more than one cars cooling woes. But there is a lot of crap you can get to "juice the mixture" although a lot of it contains various amounts of alcohol in them which usually produces less heat. I agree they should check fuel, if they even know how to do so. A person could go all year with a tiger in their tank and get away with it and thats not fair to those who abide by the rules. By watching the guys a Pevely, with the exception of Bauman, nobody else really runs off and leaves the rest of the fast guys. So I doubt that is a problem there. And I am not insinuating that Bauman is, I only mention his name because he is so dominant. And it is very possible to get to that point without cheating!

yes we even belive our points should be taken for the infraction,our problem was we broke a part ordered a complete center section and they sent the wrong part it was on a friday with no way to get another by saturday so we put it in and took a chance,,,,,,,AND GOT BIT..... We just belive that they should keep everything the same for every driver.... but we bought the stuff sat. to fix the problem.... thanx to Tommy we will be able to make it back saturday.........Thanx Newbie

racing35 said:
how many fuel test have been done on sportsman cars this year. you can add
things to some fuels to smell different. not saying a champion would do such a thing.
allied get the hint. and also who never needs '' cooled'' off after a feature in the sportsman class. fuel may be the answer.

Yeah if you just do a little research on your running hot issue then you won't have to spray the car off after every race. It is amazing what some cheap parts will do for you to run better. It took me 8 years to find out the right answers to running cool but i finally found it. Sure is nice not having to spray down the car anymore. And come test my fuel or anything on the car for that fact and you can see that it can be done. I would be willing to help out anyone in order to run cool but i will only help those that would help me and that would not be you. Quit assuming everyone out there is cheating and figure out how to get your guys car to the front. It can be done without cheating!!!!!!!

Tom

So What Was The Verdict??

So did the #46 and #50 lose there points and money for the night or season or ??? Thanks, Legal Driver

yes we did lose our money and points for at least the night ,,,,i told ralph that i think it is only right that we lose them for the year,,,because that is how it has been in the past....thanx #50 sportsman

You guys are a bunch of cheaters! Cheater, cheater, cheater! Wait a minute, did you say #50? Oh, never mind I help on and sponsor that car! But seriously, I have helped on other cars at Pevely that had what I would call a minor infraction and lost points for the year! I think they should stay consistent on the penalties they hand out and don't show favortism to anybody! The time we lost our points for the year was when we were only .004 to .006 in the hole and was suppose to be .010 in the hole. If you lose the points for the whole season for a measily .004 then you should lose them for having an illegal 3rd member!!!

No, it was the year before. I knew about it , so you have to blame the engine builder not the driver. We got a block that had been at a rebuilders and had been decked. When I put the first piston and rod in and checked the deck clearance I found the descrepancy but chose not to shave the pistons and rebalance everything. I really didn't think it would get checked, boy was I wrong. It happened on the next to the last race of the year and we lost our points for the entire year! Quite the bummer!

Everyone that wins consistant is presumed to be cheating at some point in time. I dont beleive the 24 car would take a chance, Bauman is a very good driver and definately has his car set up. I really dont think a light weight mini spool would help a lot, unless you had other light weight parts (gears removed in tranny, aluminum drive shaft, etc..) to go with it. Maybe allied should make the rearends light weight and that would be one less thing drivers would have to tear down????

How do the check the compression.The only way to check it correctly, is to pull a head.You cant screw in a compression guage, and check that way.The cam has as much or more to do with the cranking compression than the pistons do..Do they pull the heads to check the cars??

I dunno how they do it. I would like to have mine done just too see. Guess i gotta finish higher first.LOL. My real comment is on the cars that did not tech ,I think they should lose points for year.Sorry Kent and Paul but rules are rules.Cant wait to see how this one unfolds.

I think its great that they tech the cars after the race. Its one thing to get beat by a better driver, but its a different situation getting beat by somebody cheating! Every driver spends a lot of time working on there car, if I was a driver in the sportsman class at Pevely I would appreciate them making it fair for everbody! Could somebody please explain what a 3rd member is on a racecar?

Back