Pro Stock Class At Bedrock

20racer

20racer
You Guys Need To Have A Meeting With Frank, To Discuss How To Make This Class Work, So It Won't Take Up A Lot Of Time And Make It Fair For Everyone.

What time have we finished the past two Fridays? I think the races are going pretty darn fast or at least that's what it feels like.

I say scratch the super heavies and make that the Pro stock class. Entry fee is $40, feature starting spot is based on heat race finishes. The first $20 gets paid back on the percentage (like normal classes) and the second $20 is 100% pay back to the field.

Frank makes money on the first $20, the racer wanting to race for bigger cash can without running tons of laps, and the night should be over pretty early. I would suggest that Pro Stock class run 10 lap heats and 20 lap features every week.

What about no pro stock class and just pay better in the regular class line up! :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: I think we all have time for that!:p

more money is that you paul

if you guys want to put more in to get more back, we can do that . other tracks are charging $25.00 to enter and $11.00 for pit passes. what do you want $25.00 or $30.00 to enter?

The weight should be 360lb - thats what most tracks have the weight at!
entry fee should be $25.00- 10 karts is $250.00- payout- 3 spots all the time! half for first then 60%, 40%, so $125.00 first place $75.00 for second place, $50.00 for third place.
The reason you have to run a class like light, medium or heavy to qualify is so the track can make there money on the pit pass and entry fee on the class you singed up in which in return qualifies you for the pro stock class.
Stock rules apply!:)

There is plenty of time for this! if you don't think there is time just run one heat race and a feature, stop putting this class off!:( it's not that difficult

I love the idea on droping super heavy 4 this class but why not make the weight 350. the most prominit class at bedrock is the light class so your going to almost eliminate all them guys from makin the pro class.Plus tobias and tobin have both run lights with what weight they got and have done great.

I also think the entry should be 35.00$ so frank can at least make some money for keeping the lights on longer. that eletric bill has to be a kill ever since rates went up.

The weight should be 360lb - thats what most tracks have the weight at!
entry fee should be $25.00- 10 karts is $250.00- payout- 3 spots all the time! half for first then 60%, 40%, so $125.00 first place $75.00 for second place, $50.00 for third place.
The reason you have to run a class like light, medium or heavy to qualify is so the track can make there money on the pit pass and entry fee on the class you singed up in which in return qualifies you for the pro stock class.
Stock rules apply!:)

There is plenty of time for this! if you don't think there is time just run one heat race and a feature, stop putting this class off!:( it's not that difficult

I agree with you almost across the board.

Replace super heavy with the Pro Stock class.
$20 for stock class entry but keep it $20 for Pro stock entry.
Pay the top 3 no matter the class count.
The weight has to be more than 350.

pro stocks

so far we have not had heavy's this year, not had super heavy's for 2 years. we ran the show real quick friday night with no heavy's or super heavy's and the show got over at 10:30 what i am worried about is if we run 2 heats and a feature for the pro stock class and the heavy's show up we are going to run to long. i have some ways to make this pro stock class work,pill draw for you 1 st heat race ,run a second heat inverted from pill draw , total up points from the 2 then run the feature, frank talked to a guy from flordia, he has this class at his track, they sign up at the table when they first get there, have a rookie a driver draw your pill, line up for the feature and go for it at the end of the night. this is kind of like the can race but you have to sign up when you sign up for the regular class. no refunds.ok guys give me you 2 cents worth, and lets get this think rooling this week end. thanks larry

Since there are a few ways to do this, why don't we just try one and see how it works. I think we should start with Frank's idea first (since he does run the track), and see what happens.

1) The weight should be 360lb
2) Entry fee should be $25.00
3) Pay 3 spots all the time. (half for first, then 60%, and 40%. So $125.00 for first place, $75.00 for second place, $50.00 for third place.)

Remember, the problem is not only the total time of the racing program, but where to put the pro-stock class in the line-up. :confused:

Line-up: is this the correct order???

Medium
Rookie A
Rookie B
Light
Junior
Heavy
Outlaw
Pro-stock

Here's my issue, if we run medium every week, along with pro-stock, that's back to back races, we all know that's impossible to do if we run 2 heats. If you move pro-stock up in the line-up, it puts back to back races on the heavy or light class. Where should it be in the line-up? If it is placed correctly in the line-up, it will not take much more time to have this class, if you have back to back races with any class, it's going to be time consuming waiting on people.

Just a thought...if you only run one pro-stock heat race before intermission, everyone has time to get things ready for the features. How about this line-up.

Rookie A
Heavy
Rookie B
Medium
Junior
Light
Outlaw
Pro-stock

Now, the reason I put the light class so close to pro-stock is because of the amount of cars likely to run pro-stock from medium and heavy. If someone in light is going to run pro-stock, and they have to weigh 360lbs, they might as well run medium. I just don't see many lights adding the weight.

I cant speak for all the lights but i can promise you ill be running pro stock regardless of the weight

not only that but why not run all the features take a 5 min break and then run pro stock then who ever wants to run can. Why discriminate against any 1 class we all should have chance to run this class... Do it just like a can race at the end of the night

i would leave the order how it is and run only 1 heat race (like at any other big show you go to) at the end of the second heat race then run the feature at the end of the features. i think that would suit everybodies needs best that way we all can run, and not just mediums and heavies. Like larry said there hasent been a heavy class this year any way.

I say add the PRO stock class as a feature only. Line them up by lowest point total of the night. If you win both stock heats and the feature you have 3 points, lowest pill draw breaks any ties. One of the rookies could draw an invert pill from zero to 3, 4, whatever and invert that many rows.

Or you could go with 2 stock classes only. Lights and heavies at 340 and 365.

Anyway you work it I'm in.

If the PRO stock has two heats and a feature then I'll sign up for heavies skip the heats and just race that feature. I know as fast as the nights have been moving I can't run 4 heats and 2 features unless everyting is perfect.

I like Frank's idea, but like liquidqwik said we could always try it and see how it works and make changes to it later.

I like Frank's idea, but like liquidqwik said we could always try it and see how it works and make changes to it later.

I like it too. Set the weight limit and entry fee, whatever works. Pill draw lines up the PRO stock feature. No heats to worry about.

Most places we have been to there med class is the pro stock class. lights 325 pro 350 heavies 365 and always works out good that i have seen. Get 3 full classes that way.

Most places we have been to there med class is the pro stock class. lights 325 pro 350 heavies 365 and always works out good that i have seen. Get 3 full classes that way.

Do you run just the PRO stock class or do they make you run another stock class?

Seperating heavy, medium, light, and pro-stock by one class is not discriminating against any class as long as they are seperated so no stock class has to run back to back races (even with a 5 minute intermission.)

The point is, most mediums and heavies don't have to do anything to make the pro-stock class. Therefore, if drivers from stock light want to run pro-stock, they are already going to have the kart setup for 360 lbs. So it doesn't matter if they are in lights at 325 lbs. They are still 35 lbs over. Just like most of our heavies who are 35 lbs over 360 lbs.

I say we run the line-up below, and try Frank's idea. $25 dollar entry fee, you must run a stock class to qualify. Weight should be 360 lbs, we have a lot of drivers in heavy giving up 40 lbs to run this class. It's easier for lights and mediums to add weight than it is for the heavies to lose it. ;) Remember, the more karts we attract, the higher the payout.

Rookie A
Heavy
Rookie B
Medium
Junior
Light
Outlaw
Pro-stock

Jd

This Line Up Will Work Just Fine . I Think Frank's Way Of Doing The Class Is The Best Way . Pill Draw By One Of The Kids For The Line Up And Run The Feature . Now Next Question How Many Laps Do You Guys Want To Run . 15 Or 20 Laps.

15 laps, just in case the night is running long. I know 5 more laps wouldn't take too much longer, but I think after a long night of racing, 15 laps is just fine. Plus, that's less wear on tires, motors, and drivers.

Back