Pure Street Feature

SFC Race Fan

I was so angry after the feature Saturday night I had to cool off before I could post a thread but I just can't let this go without having my say to the track officials. "And this is to the track officials!" I would like them to post an explanation of why Chris Webb was blackflagged in the feature Saturday night. I filmed the race and for the life of me when I saw him pull off I thought something had happened to his car. He was passing a lap car on the inside and another car was trying to pass that same lap car on the outside. It looked like the lap car saw the ouside pass and pulled down right in front of Chris. Tommy Worley hit a lap car last week and tore it all to pieces and from what I understand he wasn't black flagged. Can you tell me why? And what about the heat race when Pearl tried to muscle his way between Bill Skaggs and and that other car. He hit both of them and could have caused a serious wreck but no black flag for him. And what about that first heat race when there was a five car pileup - the 13 spun the 72 (I have that on film also) and no one escaped but the 41 and the 67. You see this all the time and there is absolutely no consistency on who gets the old flag and who doesn't. I would just like to know what's the deal.
Does the flagman even know how to use the lap flag or is that just for sprints? Even then I've only seen him use it very few times this whole year. I know for a fact that one of your own officials had a hard time believing that Chris had been blackflagged.
I know Chris and he would never hit anyone on purpose, and he would never jeprodize his place in the points standings by hitting a lap car on purpose. It just doesn't make any sense.
I can't help but think that it's getting close to the end of the points race and this will probably cause Chris second place in the points race. Was that the objective - to manipulate the points? I understand it's happened before at this track to other drivers when it gets this close to the end of the year. If that's true it's dispicable and you will lose good cars and good drivers because they can't feel they are getting a fair deal at your track.
Sorry but I'm no longer an SFC Race Fan and will pay my gate fee to some other track next year.

SFC Race Fan said:
I was so angry after the feature Saturday night I had to cool off before I could post a thread but I just can't let this go without having my say to the track officials. "And this is to the track officials!" I would like them to post an explanation of why Chris Webb was blackflagged in the feature Saturday night. I filmed the race and for the life of me when I saw him pull off I thought something had happened to his car. He was passing a lap car on the inside and another car was trying to pass that same lap car on the outside. It looked like the lap car saw the ouside pass and pulled down right in front of Chris. Tommy Worley hit a lap car last week and tore it all to pieces and from what I understand he wasn't black flagged. Can you tell me why? And what about the heat race when Pearl tried to muscle his way between Bill Skaggs and and that other car. He hit both of them and could have caused a serious wreck but no black flag for him. And what about that first heat race when there was a five car pileup - the 13 spun the 72 (I have that on film also) and no one escaped but the 41 and the 67. You see this all the time and there is absolutely no consistency on who gets the old flag and who doesn't. I would just like to know what's the deal.
Does the flagman even know how to use the lap flag or is that just for sprints? Even then I've only seen him use it very few times this whole year. I know for a fact that one of your own officials had a hard time believing that Chris had been blackflagged.
I know Chris and he would never hit anyone on purpose, and he would never jeprodize his place in the points standings by hitting a lap car on purpose. It just doesn't make any sense.
I can't help but think that it's getting close to the end of the points race and this will probably cause Chris second place in the points race. Was that the objective - to manipulate the points? I understand it's happened before at this track to other drivers when it gets this close to the end of the year. If that's true it's dispicable and you will lose good cars and good drivers because they can't feel they are getting a fair deal at your track.
Sorry but I'm no longer an SFC Race Fan and will pay my gate fee to some other track next year.

It never ceases to amaze me how some people can be so silly. The call was made by the corner man..he was standing right there. Sorry if you don't agree with it. Seems to me you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. One day, "need more black flags, nobody throws black flags, replace the flagman" Throw a black flag: "that was uncalled for" so and so didn't get one and I did wah wah wah.

Tell you what sweetie, here's the deal, I'm quite sure if you want to give it a go, you'll be welcomed with open arms, lets see you get out from behind that camera, stand beside 20+ cars going who knows how fast and you see if you can make everyone happy with every decision you make.

Oh and as far as the points go, that's so stupid, I'm not even going to address it!!

Sorry Carman but I wasn't addressing my questions to you - only to the track officials. Some of you seem to think that if something doesn't happen to you personally you don't have a right to an opinion. Well this didn't happen to me or my family personally but I do have a right to post a question and/or opinion just like anyone else. As for the points it does happen - it happened to someone last year. I'm not quite sure how you know who made the call - maybe you were
standing in that corner helping?? There are comments on here week in and week out about the calls so my guess is I've rubbed a nerve.
So if it's ok with you "sweetie" I'll just wait for my answer from the track.

well the #71 car was involved in the 5 car pile up by the # 13 car and it might have totaled his car it bent both back frame horns to the right 4-6 inches and the cross member might be tweeked hofelly chris boyed car fix it if not that car is done for and the #72 car dident even get to run the feture hes lucky his car dident get tore up moore then it did but there are 2 more nights left tho so well have to see what happens

the numder 71 cars rear frame horns was bent 4-6 inches to the right in the 5 car pile up and the cross member might be tweeked so that car might be done for

Exactly my point Big Guy - you guys worked hard on those cars and to be taken out
on the first lap was just a shame. So now you either work yourself to death this week to try to get it back where it can be raced or you leave it sit and the one that caused it came away with feature win. Go figure!

SFC Race Fan
It was not the first lap, the race had not started when he drove into the back of our car and put us out of the race and it will be put back and we will out-run
webb so he can`t run over us again.

What in the world are you talking about Mun11. OK, the race I was referring to Chris wasn't even in! Is he going to be blamed for that now? Geeze was he standing on the sidelines putting a hex on you?

well we are done for the year there is no way it would be fixed in 2 weeks but hofelly it is fixable and will be back next year if not we will half to find a cheep rolling chasse with a chage but hofely chriss boyed can fix it we have the boddy half way off now

big guys racing said:
well we are done for the year there is no way it would be fixed in 2 weeks but hofelly it is fixable and will be back next year if not we will half to find a cheep rolling chasse with a chage but hofely chriss boyed can fix it we have the boddy half way off now

By chance would you be related to the dirthound???:D Proof read your post, THEN hit submit. You're killing my ears...:eek:

I AGREE with Carmen.....
Sometimes I don't always agree with all the calls that the officials make, especially when it involves our car. BUT they try to do what is SAFEST for them, the driver's and all the fans!
SO I SAY LET THEM DO THEIR JOB
Signed: part race car owner, the part that puts up with the driver when the night is over......

Ya know I come on here and read all this stuff about Chris Webb but don't really see any one elses name thrown out there to talk about them, so here it is. Shipman....you said you don't know what Chris' deal is either he has an ill handling car or he is over driving it. So what is your excuse there hasnt been to many nights that you have not spun out. B. Skaggs...I saw you run over 2 cars about 2 1/2 - 3 months ago and one of them was mine. I really think that everyone is jealous that Chris and Mark are buddies, and that they have 1st and 2nd place in points. I dont know if the DeSpain's up there are the same ones that ran in Benton but I do know that they were rough drivers down there. Have a nice day! 1 fast camaro

Bill Skaggs may of hit 1 or 2 cars 2 or 3 months ago. But webb has hit 2 or 300 cars in the past 2 or 3 months ago. Have a nice day

And I guess you guys think that whinning and crying about it on the message board will make a difference???? Take it to the track...If someone is tearing up a bunch of cars, then you all need to get together and decide what to do. I mean don't look now but you have already started taking over the sportsmans part of the soap opera.;)

omg, bigrightrear could you get over the sportsman thing, they only have 2 races left and they will no longer be at sfcr so just get off them this has nothing to do with them, they are gone so the drama has to go somewhere and it just happens to be the purestreet!!!!

It has nothing to do with the sportsmans themselves, I liked the sportsmans and what they brought to the track. What I was referring to was the soap opera that followed each race on here, and you know what I'm speaking of because you were in the middle of over half of them. Drama???? Yeah, right.:rolleyes: Tell me another one.

Dear SFC Racefan...
I am sure the track officials appreciate the criticism they receive on here each and every week. They go to the track to do their job. There are a lot of situations that people might not understand or agree with but there are rules to be followed. The track has rules about two yellows in a race, aggressive driving and so on and so on. The funny thing is, it seems so easy for every one to bash them. If you want a response from them it will be easier to get in a more respectful way.. How do you like to be addressed???
Im not upset about the post just please be more respectful, they understand people have questions but they need to learn that its not easy for them either..
Thanks

making a statement

Mun11 said:
SFC Race Fan
It was not the first lap, the race had not started when he drove into the back of our car and put us out of the race and it will be put back and we will out-run
webb so he can`t run over us again.
And webb also almost ran completly ran over #70 i think webb is just over driveing his car or he cant figure out his brake bias controller but anyways if any body says otherwise yall can **** my ****. because i'm hangin out wit my wang out yea thats what its all about lol (and nomatter what u seen through your beer goggles but i seen all of it becuase if u say otherwise u must be smokin crack!!! ,and webb doesn't pick favs he even almost run up on 31 too lol, but that is racing. bye

Dirttrackfans:
I never said their job was easy. I also don't think I was being disrespectful. I asked a question and would like an answer. I've been around racing a long time and I know sometimes there are bad calls - sometimes in your favor and sometimes not - it usually all shakes out in the end. But to black flag a car that is in contention for the points over a lap car that is all over the track is just wrong any way you look at it. He did not and would not jeprodize his points standing and anybody with a lick of sense would know that.
If you would like I can go back through the tapes and make a list and post them of who has hit who and when and I don't think Chris is any worse than anyone else. Just seems like he is the focus of the attention by a certain few in the pit. But I do believe those few also have done more than their share of beating and banging this year and caused more than their share of security problems, but on the track they seem to get by with anything and everything. I'm sorry if my post offended you - but it needed to be said!

Okay?????

bigrightrear said:
It has nothing to do with the sportsmans themselves, I liked the sportsmans and what they brought to the track. What I was referring to was the soap opera that followed each race on here, and you know what I'm speaking of because you were in the middle of over half of them. Drama???? Yeah, right.:rolleyes: Tell me another one.

I am not sure where you are getting your information from but if I were you I think that I would find a more reliable source!!! I have not been involved in any of the so called "soap opera" in the sportsman class. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I get tired of hearing the same sh*t about how horrible the sportsman class is. EVERY class out there has the same problems, some more than others.
You might want to go back and read all of my post before you start mouthing about me being in the middle of over half of it.

Sorry guys carry on about the subject of this thread just had to voice my opinion. Didn't mean to get off the subject and start more sh*t, however I guess I should be good at that, someone seems to think so anyway. :)

Back