Pure Streets

Crimzon

Hey does anyone heard or know how many pure streets are gonna be lost next season cause of the 416 and 43x?? I heard Chris Boyd and couple of other drivers were gonna switch classes or just not race at SFCR anymore cause those two weren't legal pure streets last season ... was just curios not trying to start anything.

SEVERAL---They DIDNT even tech the 416 after 3 feature wins--look in the rule book---they don't even abide by their own rules!!!!Much less MUST BE STOCK APPEARING--What a joke

yep right here Any pure street car winning 3 feature wins (consecutive or nonconsecutive) will go through complete inspection, if car does not have inspection plug in the oil pan then motor will be pulled & tore apart.

Like i have said before the rules only pertain to certain people. If u are one of the tracks boys then your fine and if your not your out of luck

I thought the 416 won 5 straight ... i heard some one in the pits dropped the money to protest him and they weren't gonna tech him until the next day ... UUMMMm ... makes alot of sense ... give the guy enough time to run home tear it down and make it to where it would pass tech

I don't know bruuuuce ... it's either he's a track boy or he was winning so much that they were getting tired of tearing him dowm ... if they ever did .... i don't know

I will try this one more time. Seems everything I say gets edited or deleted. The track said it was at the drivers discretion to tear down that night or the next day. The rules say that the results will be announced that night and the next race day. Cant announce what you dont do. The people involved in the tear down could not come back that sunday. I dont believe the track has the proper tools or a good enough facility to perform a tear down. Thats why I was against the whole deal. Seen it happen before at another track. The rules need to be a liitle less vague. Put it all in writing and stick to it no matter who the people are. If you are going to have a protest rule, dont let the cars go to their pit until the time to be protested is over. Also, I have heard that if you pay to tear down the upper engine that they dont have to pull any valves out. Thats stupid! If that is the case, then that should be in the rules. People need to know what can and cant be done or what will or wont be done. I would rather see a class that is called "pure street", look like a car that could have possibly been seen on the street! Thats just me. Flat sides dont make them any faster, it just makes them a sportsman that pulls vacuum. If it will take sportsman lookalikes to keep the car count up, so be it. Need to put it in the rules. Just my opinion. Tom Pratt.....

I would rather see a class that is called "pure street", look like a car that could have possibly been seen on the street! .

Me too Tom ... I guess I was just tryin to make a point that no one could touch the 416 except for Charlie Savage but couldnt get him on the straights and nothing was really done about it ... Oh well let's see what happens next season

I thought the 416 won 5 straight ... i heard some one in the pits dropped the money to protest him and they weren't gonna tech him until the next day ... UUMMMm ... makes alot of sense ... give the guy enough time to run home tear it down and make it to where it would pass tech

I don't know bruuuuce ... it's either he's a track boy or he was winning so much that they were getting tired of tearing him dowm ... if they ever did .... i don't know

You are making assumptions. Teams were given a choice to tear down that night or the next day, if the choice would have been to tear down the next day the car would have been locked in the trailer with track locks, just like it has been done for the past several years.

Chris was tore down last year at least 3 time, thought they were gonna wear out the bolts taking them in and out so much.

I don't know that I would want my motor tore down at the track too much dirt for me, my daddy didn't teach me to open a motor up in the dirt, things always had to be as clean as possible. Now I get told it doesn't matter by some, cause they tear them down there they rebuild them in the shop, but still I wouldn't want anything I own tore down over there in the dirt.

It was the protesters choice to withdraw, no one (at least not the track) twisted his arm. Would the track rather tear down the next day, you bet. By the time the races are over everyone is beat, you invite over a couple thousand of your buddies over for a a BBQ and entertainment and see if you would want to tear down a motor at midnight. Plus if it is a protest, it wouldn't hurt a thing if cooler heads prevailed and it was done the next day.

rules are rules-does not matter who you are.Follow THEM RACETRACK OWNERS AND WATCHDOG>

HEHEHE This coming from the guy who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar last year. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't you get caught last year with illegal ignition parts? - Shame on you, practice what you preach.

HEHEHE This coming from the guy who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar last year. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't you get caught last year with illegal ignition parts? - Shame on you, practice what you preach.

OUCH bruuuce...Lol ... I'm not tryin to start anything I just thought that it was kinda lop sided ... I can understand Chris gettin tore down ... but the person I heard it from was a driver about the 416 car ... Sorry ... didn't mean to tick anyone off ... was just curious

You didn't tick me off, I just wanted to clarify that the teams had a choice, and that there are provisions if the 2nd choice is taken.

jr and I have a love hate relationship, we love to hate on each other :)...

At least we aren't fining crew chiefs $150,000 for deck lids being .060" too high.... I don't think the 416 would pass inspection, but then again, I don't think any car out there could pass inspection. Not to mention, there aren't too many people in this area that could fab a car that could pass inspection.

Dont let this bother u jimmey, u aren't doing anything that the rest of them aren't doing, u just happened to get caught. Track don't wanna catch certain racers.

Yo Bruuuce, the facility comment was about the whole "dirt" thing. A proper facility would address that. The other thing that you dont touch on, is the fact no one that works at the track knows exactly what is to be checked when you put your money up. Dont give a rats behind what you guys end up with for rules, just put it in the rules, make it plain and simple and stick with it. Also, why dont you ask the guy you got a love hate relationship with, what one track official told the protesting party to do with their money and why. That would be a little more productive than picking at him for what happened a couple of seasons ago. I only say this because many people have said these and other things are of concern to them. And once again, people want to support a track close to home, they just want to be treated fairly. I think if you redo your rules and spell everything out clearly there will be less controversy and thus a better turn out for that and all classes. Thanx to Crimzon for starting this thread and I urge others to provide their input as well. If they think only one or two people ae dissatisfied, I would not blame them for not doing anything about it.

Thanx pwracing ... I was just curious about the future of pure street ... I know they are slow but they put on one hell of a race no matter if it's a heat or the feature ... just kinda sux that it's not really regulated and "clean" ... but not all things are "clean" though ... Like I said O Well we will see what happens next season

Say, Balsey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is Tommie Joe (Portamix) of fat boys racin' and the cars I build will pass tech and we finished 2nd in points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wasn't talking about tech at SFCR..... I was talking about NASCAR fining RCR #33 team for being .060" too high at New Hampshire. I was saying that I or most at SFCR, couldn't even think about building a car that had to fit into those kind of specs. Those guys are flat out good and that is a tough box to fit into. Not talking about anyone at SFCR, as I'm sure that all of the cars running at Farmington are legal. :)

Back