QUESTION: Is there more hate & discontent this year than in year's past??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsey

For some reason there seems to be more trash talking, more hate and discontent at ALL area tracks than in years gone by. Is this just my feeling or is there just something in the air? I've noticed it in EVERY aspect of the sport this spring. Something needs to change...

I suggest FREE tranquilizers at the pit gate and main grandstand gate before each and every race...

I know it sounds strange but I'm almost certain that it all stems back to Darrell Waltrip and Tony Stewart! Damn them NASCAR fools!!!!!! :D

I think there is a more aggressive attitude in racing now than there was just a few years ago. I dont think the fights are necessarily anything that hasnt occured before, hell, there have been feuds in racing since racing began. This is just one of those years when maybe a lot of stuff is coming to a head. I just hope no one gets seriously hurt while people work out their differences.

I remember back when my dad was doing security work at I-55 when I was about 13 or 14 years old there used to be fight in the pits on a regular basis. And even more so in the stands it seemed. This really isn't something new, just something we haven't had to deal with lately. I guess the professionalism of the sport locally has kept tempers low for a while. And just like a teenage boy going through puberty, you can only hold back for a while before something blows up!!!!! LMAO!!!!!

While I agree that tempers and fighting have been around as long as racing, and I myself have lost my cool before, now that my son is racing I find the attitude of some of the racers, crew members, and fans disgraceful and it makes it hard for me to bring him to a dirt track. It's truly sad that people have to resort to taunting, harrasing and violence to solve what ever is up their butt at the moment. And in my opinion this board has been going downhill for more than a year now. It's basically a b!tchfest most of the time, and very few people seem to have good things to say. The behavior of Ricky Roades crew a couple of weeks ago was pathetic. At least 2 or 3 of them were at the fence SCREAMING and cursing out the flagman, and at least a dozen or more kids were standing right there taking it all in. Quite a few people involved in this sport need to GROW UP! My bro-in-law used to get into it with others almost every week when he first started racing, but these days he's a changed man. While he might let you know he's not happy with you on the track, he leaves it on the track. JMO and by the way Millsey you are one of the few that constantly try and put a positive light on things.

Pitboss you have no idea how much I appreciate your comment. I guess the reason I started this thread was that I've felt more frustration about situations this year than any other in the past, but right now I'm wearing more hats than ever before. The result is a view that sometimes I really had rather not seen or known about.

I don't really see where much has changed. I went to my first dirt track race about 20 years ago in Benton, IL. That night a huge fight involving broken bear bottles ocurred in the pits. To be honest, I haven't ever seen a fight as bad as the ones that used to go on there on a regular basis.

I have never been one to agree with fighting as a way to solve a problem. There have been times where I would certainly like to, but I never have had to result to that. But, all people are different and I guess each will handle things in their own manner that makes them feel better about themselves and the situation.

I personally could do without the cussing, booing and yelling at officials, fellow competition and from fans at drivers that they don't like. I just think it is uncalled for, doesn't solve anything and ends up making the person doing it look like an idiot.

You know, Pit, I wasnt going to mention it, but now that you have brought it up, I agree that this site has perhaps unintentionally contributed to the feuding. Before this site, everyone had a week to cool off and get over whatever happened before seeing each other again. Now, through these boards, these feuds not only continue, but actually seem to get worse. I know there is no answer other than people just calming down and moving on, but that is hard to do when every day there is another attack on you or your favorite driver, his owner, his crew, his fans, or his family. I dont lay any blame on this site, but I do think it provides a channel for continuing an argument that might otherwise be left to die on it's own.

And I agree 100% with you on the Rick Rhodes deal. That was the worst case of bad behavior by any racer and crew I have seen in a long time. My response would have been leave and dont come back til next year, and if you ever pull a stunt like that again, dont come back period.

T.nie

I agree with you. Unfortunately it's not the drivers it's the basic fan in the stand and a few others :(

Personally I am the same ole crab.... :eek: I just call an Ace of Spade and Ace.
And I think this year we have more hear say stuff and that is really gettig out of hand. Besides hear say will not hold up in a court of law. :rolleyes:

Hey Millsey, who cares whether there is more negativism than last year. Why dont you just mind your own business!!

Just kidding. Call me sometime. Al

Al, we sure miss you guys at the track. We were always guarenteed a good time when you folks were around....

The hate and fights have always been there. But I think that boards that allow people to come and negatively bash other is wrong. I do beleive in having a comment board for racing notices and updates, but the he said, she said crap ****. People who have these cars work 40- 60+ hours a week, then work their butt off to make it to the races. Yes, some have better stuff than others. But all racers and crew are out there for the same darn reason. To race hard!! No one wants to come on here after racing hard for a weekend, and be afraid to open a message that might bash them. And the problem is, a majority of the bashing comes from the stands. Maybe all racers and crews should sit in the stands one night, and see what all of the bashers can do on the track?? Stuff happens that not all would agree with, but leave it at the track.

Its just the same as the news on TV. All of the things that we hear today that we are so critical of was around years ago " In the good old days", we just didnt hear of it as much.
Ken Johnson #17

I Agree It Doesn't Have The Chance To Die Down Now That There Is The Internet To Keep It Going. But, By No Means Am I Blaming This Site Or The Internet For This. The Sad Things Is, The People Acting Childish At The Track Get On Here And Act Childish Also.

Like I Said In The Brownstown Posts, If Things Were Left Between The Racers Themselves, Differences Would Be Worked Out On Most Occasions Without Violence. That Way You Have Only 2 Opinions And 2 Views To Be Discussed. When You Have That 3rd, 4th Party Ect.... Thats When Things Get Worse.

How Do Ya' Fix It???? I Think A Zero Tolerance For Fighting Should Be A Must!!!!! You Fight Your Gone For A Substantial Period Of Time.

Theres A Modified Series, I Want To Say Usmts? They Have Strict Rules On Rough Driving. I Think That Is An Option.

I Believe One Of Their Rules Is.....if You Hit A Car And It Spins, You Go To The Back. No Judgement Calls!!!! No Driver Pleading His Case. It May Not Have Been Intentional, But, Control Your Car Better!

Before You Say You Don't Like It, Think Of The Thought Behind It......if A Guy Knows If He Hits Someone And They Spin He Goes To The Rear, More Than Likely He Won't Chance It And He'll Drive With More Respect!!!

Obviously Rough Driving And Beating And Banging Are The Main Contributors To These Kinda Problems. Get Tough On That And I Think Things Will Improve.

In My Opinion, Most Peoples 1st Instinct Is To B!tch And Moan, And Be Negetive. This Board Is A Way For Them To Do It And Hide Their Coward @$$ Behind A Screen Name.

I Think Jimmy Dearing Would Be Doing All Of Us Who Enjoy Good Racing Conversation A Favor, If He'd Be A Little More Strict With Some Of The People And Posts That Get Outta Hand.

Yes..Todd..this is a bad deall..people come here..ask why something hapens on a track..and they get nothing but griping..lots of opinions...many from people who are family..friends.ect. and got no buisiness even saying anything..you got a problem with 1 person..next thing you know..you got 50 people mad. Im done with all this..you cant reason with anyone anymore..so..guess it best to just let the officials hopefully deal with it..and let everything take its place. You got people threatening on here..calling you out to places..to kick some butt...and thats wrong. Totally wrong. If some people would talke like their age and not their shoe size..maybe..just maybe..things could be a whole lot better here.

The funny thing is that usually we have to race a couple of months before the hating and violence begin. This year it was on from the drop of the first green flag. Last night Jimmy Dearing closed one of our threads because people were threatening to break someone's jaw. As Eileen so wisely pointed out you are legally responsible for the things you post on here. Jimmy Dearing knows who you are. If you slander someone or threaten someone you could be in big trouble. The madness has to stop. Otherwise we all may lose our forum and that is not cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back