Races canceled at Doe Run for Friday

Becca

night, due to the heat for the safety of the drivers and the fans.

Mr Negative ......

Bobby made this dicision after calling some of the drivers and talking to them and BESIDES it is HIS track he has the right to decide if it is safe for the fans and drivers. You cant go to his track anyway, so why do you even post your " Negative " comments about it ?????? Remember, RAMS Members are to act in a certain manner, and posting crapp like that, your not being a good Member ! :mad: LD

Hobby just shut your mouth. I'm not a Rams member and you couldn't pay me to be one if for no other reason you're a part of them. You're the one always crying about expressing your opinion, well guess what cry baby!

Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I have to disagree with you MR. Warlord.....Have ya ever put on a fire suit and helmet??????

I've seen Kenny come out of the car on a hot night, about ready to pass out... This heat is not to be takin lightly..

If you are a money racer and have an inclosed trailer, where theres air conditioning that after you race you can go in and cool off, ya its fine and dandy..But for people that just race for the fun of the sport, you have to stay out in the heat...

I have to say I'm glad to see a Race track owner looking out for his fans and drivers..I hope to see more tracks doing it...Cause this Crew just may stay in the pool Saturday!!!!!!!:D :D .

Thank you Mrs. Harris for your response. I do understand it would be horrible to be in one of those fire resistant suits without much ventilation. All I was saying is that it's summertime and you know as a racer and a race fan you are going to run into those kind of situations...

HobbieStocksFan said:
Bobby made this dicision after calling some of the drivers and talking to them and BESIDES it is HIS track he has the right to decide if it is safe for the fans and drivers. You cant go to his track anyway, so why do you even post your " Negative " comments about it ?????? Remember, RAMS Members are to act in a certain manner, and posting crapp like that, your not being a good Member ! :mad: LD

Define "some of the drivers". And thanks, but NO THANKS, if I need someone to look out for my safety, I think I'll ask myself.:rolleyes: I don't understand some of the promoters in this area. There are tracks in Pennsylvania that open when there is still snow on the ground, do you see them whinning and crying because it's too cold, HELL NO, they love it. Same goes for the heat. I was at Eldora Speedway for the Kings Royal this past weekend, where the remains from the hurricane were still covering the area, it was extremely hot and humid (mid 90's) and rain showers were all over the place, but there you had over 80 sprint cars in the pits and an estimated fan showing of around 15-20 thousand people. Yeah, it's very hot outside, but then again, isn't this July?:confused:

Here's Your Sign ..............

Users posts like this is EXACTLY how " informative / innocent " posts go down the tubes .............. It NEVER ceases to amaze me :confused: LD
Evil Warlord said:
You have got to be kidding me! What a joke. He's going to lose a bunch of racers and customers over this move....

you know I think it is a good thing that the promoter cares. My cousin last week had a stroke at the track luckily it wasn't too bad atleast hopefully it is not that bad still waiting test results.

Good call but hate to admit it

As much as i would like to race tomorrow its a good call. No one likes the hot days especially when they have to work all day in it. hot weather gets people fired up and tempers come out. It will just make it that much more exciting to race the two day show next week.

Bobby

I have to agree with you ! This kind of heat is DANGEROUS !!!! That is why there is heat advisories. I think the track owner is being unselfish by making this decisions. He could have cared less and went ahead and had the races to make some money, but NO, he is more concerned about peoples safety. ( and before someone takes that wrong, i am NOT knocking any other promotors ) LD :)

"A GREAT CALL by a GREAT PROMOTER!"

Let's not forget it's Friday night! Most everyone has to work on Friday and some are out in the heat all day and then without a break have to go race in the heat that night :( . Not everyone gets to work indoors or in front of a computer all day in the A/C :p . On Saturdays you can stay COOL in the house or pool :rolleyes: until you have to go race. Lisa your right (as always ;) ) not everyone has a inclosed trailer with A/C.
Marty Boyer 52 RAMS

Good luck Harris Racing @ MCR Sat. ;)

Concerning the heat

I believe Bobby was right in calling the races, if you look up in the stands, 1/2 of the crowd is kids and some of the racers are kids. He is juz looking out for the drivers and the fans. From what i understand he is a EMT, so he knows the signs and significance of the heat. At least he took the time to call the drivers and let them know. To me that is invaluable. But for those of you that go to MCS, pack a cooler with plenty of fluids and throw some towels in there also to help beat the heat (I am a EMT also). What i have done the past couple of weeks and it works. But thanx to Bobby for the call and everyone have fun tonight and for those racing tomarrow at MCS, see ya all up there.

Hartman Racing #343

Butch ... Thank you for your understanding and informative post ! But, i expect no less from you, i have never seen you post any other way. But, you and everyone else knows you always have a smart ellic in every bunch ! Bobby is doing what is best for HIS fans and drivers, and i appreciate that fact. Even though i wasnt going to be attending, many people i care about would be there and i dont want ANYONE getting sick or dieing. So THANK YOU Bobby for taking all the facts into consideration. LD :)
hartman343 said:
I believe Bobby was right in calling the races, if you look up in the stands, 1/2 of the crowd is kids and some of the racers are kids. He is juz looking out for the drivers and the fans. From what i understand he is a EMT, so he knows the signs and significance of the heat. At least he took the time to call the drivers and let them know. To me that is invaluable. But for those of you that go to MCS, pack a cooler with plenty of fluids and throw some towels in there also to help beat the heat (I am a EMT also). What i have done the past couple of weeks and it works. But thanx to Bobby for the call and everyone have fun tonight and for those racing tomarrow at MCS, see ya all up there.

Hartman Racing #343

HOLY SMOKES.......................Check out the other forums/boards!!!!!!
Other tracks have also cancelled their races DUE TO THE HEAT!!!!!! What in the world is that track promotor thinking????

Looks like there are MANY who are putting the safety of the drivers and fans first!!!!

Now if only Montgomery County would sell fountain drinks with ICE , They impounded my cup of ice at the gate to get in.
Bottled soda they sell stays cold for 2 minutes , This old man needs to stay cool ,

Fan Man

PLEASE read Hartmans post about ways to stay cool while at the track. Take you a cooler with your own ice in it. Some rags to keep wet to wipe your face with and PLENTY of water. EVERYONE, if you are going to the track PLEASE take extra percautions because of the heat !!!!!!! LD :)

Hey Faithfulfan ..... IMAGINE THAT !!!! Another promotor felt it may be unsafe for his drivers or fans also...... Goes to show Bobby isnt the only one that is concerned !!!!!! ;)

LD, I'm assuming that Fan Man is a person who sits in the stands at MCS. Otherwise, they wouldn't have impounded his cup of ice at the gate. They only allow coolers and things in the pit area. I agree with ya, fan man, MCS needs to either start getting cups of ice for their soda or allow them to bring in their own cup (with at least ice in it). In this extreme heat, without ice, the drinks don't stay cold for long at all!!!!

Dahhhhhhhhhh ..........

Sorry, for some reason i just had that Fan Man was going into the pits. That would be aproblem for all in the grand stands. Drinking alot of soda isnt good for you in the heat either. Water .... Water .... Water.... Everyone, stay safe during this heat ! Im going somewhere where there is AC :D LD

Back