Racing for Tomorrow at Belle-Clair Speedway is Canceled! Kettler & Son's Night is rescheduled for Au

don hoener

don hoener
Due to the continuing Extreme heat wave & Public heat Warnings we have decided to cancel the races for this Friday July 20th.
We are Rescheduling Kettler & Son's Night for August 17th.

Sorry to dissappoint but, We have busted our butts for almost 2 years now to bring Belle-Clair back.Its a proven fact that 25 to 35% of the Fans do not come out in weather like this. I was talked into testing this the last two races and it cost me thousands in losses. I will continue to make the decisions i feel best support what me and my Family are trying to do for the Fans and Racer's at Belle-Clair.
Thank you to those who Support!
Donni

I'm usually not one to knock a race track for cancelling if they say they can't go they can't but the heat advisory ends tonight at 8, and tommorrow is only a high of 93 cooling off to a quite comfortable 70 at night.

I'm with you #1dirtracingfan, I am all for cancelling when its stupid hot. I know your judging by fan count from last week, but come on, you were against a Lucas Oil show 20 min away. Give me a break. But we can drive to Pevely when it is 106. I will just leave my car parked for the weekend.

Add up the number of nights of no racing weather it be rain outs, heat cancellations, off because of other shows(poweri or vitage cars) ect ect, you might get to race 4 months of a 6 month season. A lot to invest for such little use and fun. If I was a racer I'd have to think long and hard before i did it. Racing is just plain going to the crapper these days. Sorry Don, I can see cancelling when its 100 degrees, but low 90's now? This is St. Louis.

Yeah, this is just a plain bonehead decision, like posted earlier the weather is cooling off for tomorrow, yeah maybe not the way most like it. But these drivers invest a lot of money in thier cars to get their points at certain tracks. You had a few cancelations that were correct but this is just plain bull &&&&. I rode a bike 2 and a half miles to the metro link last week and smile and a quarter to the track. So yeah, I call this just one bone head move, AGAIN

I had KMOX on this morning . They forcasted 89 for the high Fridy . If 89 is to hot to race Don just close the track down for the rest fo the year and get it over with . What a majer mistake Don made on this one . Cant belive it . Im not sure they even want to run anymore . I bet alot of the drivers are going to be mad with this decision.

i know that this is a bussiness decision u had to make but come on guys u have raced when it was a heck of a lot hotter then what tomorrow is going to be!! last friday was about the same temp as tomorrow is going to be!! coming from a former racer himself i know that its hot for us drivers to climb inside the car an race but that's something we all choice to do!! you may lose fans when its hot but keep on canceling due to the heat and u will also start to lose drivers that have went there week in and week out racing for you and supported ur class!! they dont build the cars to sit at home in the garage!

I had KMOX on this morning . They forcasted 89 for the high Fridy . If 89 is to hot to race Don just close the track down for the rest fo the year and get it over with . What a majer mistake Don made on this one . Cant belive it . Im not sure they even want to run anymore . I bet alot of the drivers are going to be mad with this decision.

Seems like a bad call to close, but I do enjoy seeing the BelleClair drivers show up at Pevely then.

all the complainers will be complaining no matter what decision is made. you say they have raced when it was hotter. what did that equal? poor attendance, which equals loss of money. would you complainers have them race tomorrow but then have to close the season early when theyve lost all there is to lose because ONLY the diehards showed up? pretty sure there would be more complaining then!!

Seems like a bad call to close, but I do enjoy seeing the BelleClair drivers show up at Pevely then.

Wouldnt that be tri-city... Pevely runs on saturday and Bel-Clair on friday I dont know how someone closing on friday means anything for them showing up at Pevely...

Wouldnt that be tri-city... Pevely runs on saturday and Bel-Clair on friday I dont know how someone closing on friday means anything for them showing up at Pevely...

Hammerle raced at Pevely a couple of times this year. Seems like he's been going to MMP lately.

Due to the continuing Extreme heat wave & Public heat Warnings we have decided to cancel the races for this Friday July 20th.
We are Rescheduling Kettler & Son's Night for August 17th.

Sorry to dissappoint but, We have busted our butts for almost 2 years now to bring Belle-Clair back.Its a proven fact that 25 to 35% of the Fans do not come out in weather like this. I was talked into testing this the last two races and it cost me thousands in losses. I will continue to make the decisions i feel best support what me and my Family are trying to do for the Fans and Racer's at Belle-Clair.
Thank you to those who Support!
Donni

Don it is obvious its all about the money,The temps tomorrow are supposed to be rather comfortable.I think you need to be a little loyal to your drivers that race there on a weekly basis.These guys spend thousands of dollars to support your weekly show. I guarantee if it were a summer national show or a different big show you would be running regardless of the temp.because you know you would be making alot of money.Don you have got to take the good with the bad,If your scared of losing a little money or cant afford to lose a little money maybe its time to step down and let someone else run it or just shut it down.

360's fan, let me ask you the question i asked earlier, would you rather have them race tomorrow and only have a few die hard fans show up, or have to close the season early?

Don it is obvious its all about the money,The temps tomorrow are supposed to be rather comfortable.I think you need to be a little loyal to your drivers that race there on a weekly basis.These guys spend thousands of dollars to support your weekly show. I guarantee if it were a summer national show or a different big show you would be running regardless of the temp.because you know you would be making alot of money.Don you have got to take the good with the bad,If your scared of losing a little money or cant afford to lose a little money maybe its time to step down and let someone else run it or just shut it down.

I think this post is rather harsh. Yes, it's apparently partially a money thing. Don's done a lot of things to improve this track and keep it open. He also knows what's best to do for it to survive. I applaud him and his staff.

I'm not going to bash someone who is making a business decision....they know more about the business than any of us. And I was looking forward to it only being 93 for a high.

Good luck the rest of the year Don and BC!

Dave

I think this post is rather harsh. Yes, it's apparently partially a money thing. Don's done a lot of things to improve this track and keep it open. He also knows what's best to do for it to survive. I applaud him and his staff.

omg really!!! you people make me sick, keep on kissing their asses.idc.its not supposed to be hot tomorrow for on thing. secondly don is worried about the stands being down 25 percent, really i mean really.keep it up and there wont be any drivers or cars there to even watch a race.then you can tell me how good a job he is doing.

I am not complaining and I'm not a businessman nor am I smart with my money. If I were I wouldnt own racecars or live in Collinsville so I understand the decision. However, the heat is something thats plagued the track for a third season in a row now. Personally I hate the climate here in St. Louis because when you add it up we only get about three months of good weather. Some of the nice weather in that small window is during Oct and even early Nov. If we are not gonna be able to race in the heat, can we extend the normal (not the points season) weekly program into Nov and fill the gaps in Sept and Oct? We put in a ten hour day yesterday in a garage without air conditioning to finish Scott Koenemans Pro-4, the third car in our stable that was built exclusively for Belle Clair and now it will sit in the shop. I know football starts in the fall and the Cardinals season heats up but I think people who really care about stick and ball sports are not coming to the races on a weekly basis anyway. Lets race into the fall...

How about we have two seasons next year and combine the point to have an overall championship. Race March, April, and May, for the first half and award mid season championships, then race Sept, Oct, and Nov and award 2nd half championships and then combine the points for an overall championship. Each season allows for cancels of Mother Nature. Nobody around the area is doing this. Just a thought.

I support Don and his decision to cancel . I want the track to stay open for years not weeks. When someone else puts their money on the line they can make the decisions till then Don will. Good luck to Don and the crew at Belleclair. So far you have done a great lob.

Back