Rules for ministocks at MCS posted

hartman343

hartman343
Staff member
Juz read over the rules for MCS, some I agree with, some I don't. Hate to say it, but it sounds like the person who wants to spend the most wins. I seen porting and polishing is allowed. Who knows, maybe it will be better and more competitive then I think. Good luck to everyone in the 07 race season.

Rules

I agree with you Butch. I hope the class is competitive again, but there are things in there that only 2 or 3 people can afford. To be able to run at some of the other tracks, we can't do a lot of things on the new rules list. I just hope that the class will still be very competitive, and that there won't be a huge gap separating the few from the rest of the pack.

rules?

guess i need to find more sponsers so i can fix my trailer so we can race down south a few times. its going to be a long summer at mcs. nothing about no strokers allowed. hope mel has alot lead to hang on some cars...crate motor in b-mod sounds less expensive then what can happen to ministocks. maybe i'll be wrong, i hope i am.. oh well back to the garage.

If ya have a spare head

If ya have a spare head, get it to me, I have some tricks I can do and make some serious improvements on flow rate. Got access to flow machine that can match the flow to the cam duration. Might cost $100 but might make a world of differance. But then ya have the problem of not being legal other places. Let me know. I'll do what I can to help ya guys out.

Did I read this wrong?

Unless I read this worng, one of the engine rules says only single overhead cams....sorry, but my Chevy 2.5 doesn't have a single overhead cam...and according to the LAST rule, if it isn't mentioned in the rules...it is illegal....so my bone stock chevy motor is illegal?

Page 3 "Engine must be American made, in-line 4 cylinder with a single overhead cam."

OR did I read that worng??

Todd

Your legal

The single overhead cam rule is from some of the chrysler products and gm products that were dual overhead cam motors. I dont think ya got anything to worry about with an s-10 2.5L motor.

Got to love it!!!!!! Hello cry babies welcome to the real world !!!!!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Got to love it!!!!!! Hello cry babies welcome to the real world !!!!!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yeah what he said. Now if you shined the track owners shoes and wipe his butt, like me and my brother, you could get him to do what you wanted too.

Mcs Rules Almost Right!

Hello Guys and Gals:

Well:

They got most of it dead on in my opinion.

The factory heads have some limitations in all camps so if you
want to do some work on you stuff, that's OK with me.
We just can't race at MCS due to the tire rule.
Our tire suppler is a midget team and we get their one race take offs.
We can't see changing all three of our cars over to 8" wheels and smaller tires.
We would be working most of the season just to get the cars back to where we left off last year. NO THANKS..

Way to much of a learning curve.

We have discussed the possibility of going racing at other tracks
and not changing the cars to much.

Sorry to all of you and good luck with the season at MCS..

Uncle Ed:

hey ed

why not talk to mel and see if he will let you run 10 inch wheels. sounds like the reason you run 10 inch is because of an inexpensive source of tires. maybe mel can appreciate something like that. he may not even know you run 10 inch, hate to see you run somewhere else. maybe 15inch wheels would work, uses mod tires are cheap.

ed

hate to hear that really enjoyed watching you guys race even with ashley trying to run over tony literlly hope you guys wrk something out so you can be there this year tom

you guys at mcs crack me up. u shouldnt have to spend your kids college fund to support a ministock!!! they are getting to far out for somene to even race and stay competive in a class that was designed to stay primarly stock. thats ok if you guys and gals want to save some money on equip and be compeditive you can come race with us at drr.

Race at MCS and the money you save in gas spend on your car or truck !! I told my kids if they want to go to collage they better get a scholarship. Hey Uncle Ed you better make sure the tires check out ok at drr. Dont they have to be a certain hardness there.

thats what they have said for the past three years i was the only one who actualy ran a legal tire, and nothing was said to anyone about it. dont get me wrong ive invested a lot more this year but im not going overboard with a 4cyl when i could run with a bigger class for the same amount of money.

Why have it in the rules then? and there is all this talk about people spending a fortune on some heads that no one has ever seen at the track who had one? I would of liked to see it to see what all the fuss was about.

Tire Rules:

Yea guys:

The other tracks have some durometer specs for the tire hardness, but we already run hard tires on the right and mediums on the left.

At the meeting Mike Null and I had this discussion about the tires and he said that most of the mini's that run down south run a DOT "STREET TYPE" tire rule. Even this would kill all the work we did last year to get the cars to work at MCS. The only good thing about that is the sidewalls are almost indestructible and the tread will last longer. This would save all the teams loads of cash during the season and would limit the speeds to something realistic. I am not suggesting that we go to that, I like the fact that we run racing rubber. I think it adds to the "real race car" factor of the mini stock class around here.

This class was the coolest thing I saw at the track in 2004 when Tony asked me to help him get Scott's car to run right. That is why I bought one for Michael. What a great way to spend some one on one time with your son and it cost less then hunting. (Well almost)

If it sounds like I am disappointed that we can't run at MCS, your reading me right. I love that track for allot of reasons other than it is just close
to us.. I liked the people their and I have made some good friends.

LOOK:

Anytime the rules change, it cost some folks money.
This I understand completely.
This is not a money issue for us.
THE WAY I SEE IT IS:
If we are to stay completive at MCS, I see the need to do some more work to the already strong engine program we have from last year.
When we do that it will not only cost us more money under the hoods, but add that with a tire style change and it will kill us on the handling end and force us to start all over again.

I am not whining!

We are going to go racing somewhere.

Even if it is traveling to other tracks elsewhere every other week end.
And to answer your question Kurt, I don't think Mel could give two cents less about the growth of the class. After talking to Mike Null they think it is a dying class in it's present form anyway, so why accommodate any one's choice of rules. I don't believe Joe and or Jim shine his shoes or polish his back side. I just think he sees the money elsewhere.

I count maybe 8 cars on average will run at MCS on a regular basis.
This is enough to make the class fun and you guys will have a ball at the very least, but I can't foresee many more than that weekly.
I hope I am wrong and it is much more.
We (Those of us regulars at MCS) have acquired a bad reputation from all the other tracks that are interested in growing the class by all the stuff that went on last year.
Opening up the rules this way when every one else is restricting them down, has drawn bad press from some who have talked to me about this although I personally like the rules this way because I like to innovate things to make the cars faster and this would allow us to do that.

In closing I will say that if it is OK to run our current tire and wheel,(I do plan to give Mel a call just to see if he over looked this. Not to beg.) we will start out at MCS and adjust our engine program as we go. I know some others that run the 13" midget wheels and tires, so maybe they can come there and not change their stuff either. Everything else fits their rules so we could be ready in just a few weeks.
My fingers are crossed!
NOW: Everybody go get a shovel, it's snowing like H_LL outside..

Uncle Ed.

Ed...I'd say a majority of the ministocks down south are running Hoosier Emods. All mine passed tech. And the guys running 13's down here that i know are running dwarf car hoosier tires. You do see a couple guys running a hoosier dirt boss if that's what your calling a dot tire but not too many. Your tires would pass tech at doe run and fredericktown. 45 is pretty soft. only tire i had that was close to a 45 was 1 sprint car front tire and it was a sponge.

Back