Rules meeting

duckhunter330

Steve "Duck" LaGarce
I spoke with Millsey on the phone and we "WILL" be having a rules meeting to refine the rules. That way we can have people like Mel from MCS be there. And people building cars can get there questions answered. This meeting however does not have a date set. I did suggest having it fairly soon. :)

I just also got off the phone with Mel from MCS and he said he "DOES, AND WILL BE THERE". We just need to let him know when!

WAY TO GO DUCK I'M GLAD TO SEE SOMEONE CAN
GET IT THROUGH TO MILLSEY THAT WE NEED TO
HAVE A RULES MEETING WITH EVERYONE NOT JUST
A COUPLE OF PEOPLE.............:D :D :D :D :D

DUCK YOU DA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good duck now what about shawn?
WOLF & SHANNON your turn to get Doe Run there (unless Brian is back home ) ALL other MEMBERS it is out there when we set a date let's all that CARE about this class and the rules be there......

Hahahahahahhahhahaha ......................

CLEAN UP IN AISLE 4 .............. :eek: :D I spoke with Millsey on the phone and we "WILL" be having a rules meeting to refine the rules.

The rules for DRR are posted on their website. This year they were alittle relaxed about the rules. 2005 season in all classes had better read a rule book and go by it .The only changes that I know of is that the safety man at DRR likes the idea of the door plate and the after market noses that you guys run. They are still in the works about the motor rules, either/or/maybe both, vacuum rule and max. compression rule. I know I will hear that this won't work, but the first few years the mini stocks were formed the vacuum rule helped the low budget man to be able to be competitive !!!!!!! Should know real soon of any changes .

harris69 said:
The rules for DRR are posted on their website. This year they were alittle relaxed about the rules. 2005 season in all classes had better read a rule book and go by it .The only changes that I know of is that the safety man at DRR likes the idea of the door plate and the after market noses that you guys run. They are still in the works about the motor rules, either/or/maybe both, vacuum rule and max. compression rule. I know I will hear that this won't work, but the first few years the mini stocks were formed the vacuum rule helped the low budget man to be able to be competitive !!!!!!! Should know real soon of any changes .

I won't say they work ... I'll say they only work for the low budget man... the high budget man already knows the way around a vaccum rule... vaccum rules are usless to keep the playing level a "max lift" rule would work better ;)

Shannon better cancel that cam order :eek: :eek:

I've also heard of ways around max compresion rules to but I'l have to go back in my notes :)

kenny and all

you need to also be there when we have this rules meeting, along with the doe run guys. if we go over doe runs rules and rams rules 1 by 1 by rule with all their, you and everyone will be able to see that there is really no advantage to eather ones rules but thats why we need to sit down and discuss them all togeather then maybe we could compramise on one set of rules. i'm wanting to see the aftermarket intakes back to stock, and get rid of the weight jacks in the rear and go back to how it was. evan though i don't see an atvantage in having them, because we can't get enough power to make a difference. i'm sure it would be best toget all the doerun guys and the rams guys together. i'm all for that. now lets set a date and get it going. the vacume rule won't work kenny. i'll have you come over to my house ,and pull vacume on my stock pinto and then pull vacume on my race car. i have already done it. a ford 2.3 you have to rev it up to 3300 rpm's just to get it to pull 15 pounds. is the same for my racecar and there has to be at least 100 horsepower difference. you just need to see it for your self. thats why it won't work. while your at it i'll show you my suposedly dart head why your there!!!!!!youv,e been in this along time and you need to get envolved!!!! my # is 760-1623.

How it was?

Wolfman_5 said:
i'm wanting to see the aftermarket intakes back to stock, and get rid of the weight jacks in the rear and go back to how it was.
Dave, are you ready to chuck that Mallory distributor? how about that JET 350 Holley? What about oversize valves? And stock intakes? A stock intake that has been ported is not "stock". Is it?

you know what is funny both of my motors I can get to pull the stock 18 lbs of vacuum and I guarantee one of them is a bad azzz. vacuum can be affected by bad rings how restricted the carb is any leaks what the timing is set. if it is a solid head vs hyd. head Toyota's can pull usually more vac than a ford. If they set it to a vacuum rule and a cranking compression rule I would be more than glad to come up and take some money. I don't mean to sound cocky and over confident buy I race at a track with a vacuum rule and it is a JOKE :eek:

listen up

i'm sure if we have this rules meeting things are gonna get chucked out and some will be put in. stock is still stock evan if you cut here and shave here. just because you shave your head for trueness does'nt mean that its not stock.it is still a stock head. theres nothing in the rules that say you can't port the stock intake. it says # 3 stock intake for type of vehicle you are racing. no aftermarket or homemaid intakes allowed. doe run rule. thats the rule bottom line on that one..

Wolfman_5 said:
theres nothing in the rules that say you can't port the stock intake. it says # 3 stock intake for type of vehicle you are racing. no aftermarket or homemaid intakes allowed. doe run rule. thats the rule bottom line on that one..
Dave, this is what is on the Doe Run web site. Engine and Drivetrain rule #3 Stock intake for the type of vehichle you are racing. No aftermarket or homemade intakes allowed. At the end of the engine / drivetrain rules this is written. Anything not specified in these rules must remain stock from the manufacturer......... sounds like porting a stock intake is not allowed. Sounds like thats the bottom line.

Aftermarket rods?

Wolfman_5 said:
then all the chevy guys running aftermarket rods would be illeagal right!!!!
We agree on that :) How could they possibly be legal? They let anyone run aftermarket rods and they are going to far. What sense does it make to have a compression and vacum rule then allow that? You guys are a lot smarter then I am, when you figure it out let me know?

I posted over on DRR site the changes for 2005. I love bringing up the vacuum rule just to get a good laugh from everyone. For a rule that does not work, everyone sure complains about it ...LOL If you can pull 18 lbs. of vacuum at 900 RPMs and kick butt with it in a non vacuum rule class, all I can say is you have one heck of a cam grinder. Maybe I need to get in contact with you so I can have one ground for my sportsman car.. Jon you are very much correct, but I don't think that counts on the intake where the spacer has to be ground on to work.It means no porting or polishing where the intake bolts to the head . The"Hustler"

Back