rumors???

modlitebill35

3rd generation of BEARDS
just heard some rumors over the weekend that some "ppl" were lookin at buyin "THE ROCK" and runnin multis down there bc of some contrversy that has been goin on lately and happend again at the non-wing show this past weekend .... just curious if there was any truth to that :S

You just can't please some people.... Bob and I don't always see eye to eye, but I tell you what, the man has busted his *** to put together one of the finest tracks for multis that you can have and for some reason it's never good enough. You guys need to appreciate what you've got. You've got a great place to run on Friday and Saturdays, why rock the boat?

milsey.... i was not complaining i just was curious if there was any truth ... and yes i appreciate everything bob has done for the track .... i just overheard some guys talkin lastnight out at sfcr about it so just wanted to know if there was any truth to it.... not tryin to start and arguments ... im just a kid with questions

Sorry if I came off a bit rough also, but I know how hard these promoters and owners work just to keep a track going. It's unbelieveable. And things are just getting tougher and tougher on them with increased costs at every turn. I hope everything works out well for all of you...

My racetrack is not for sale. We plan to open next year. Keep watching this and our website for details.

Hope this puts all the rumors to rest.

Bob

This track is one of the best tracks to race at i just wish it was about 2hr. my way.I have no clue what goes on behind the scenes but i do know that Bob works his butt of on that track that way we have a good place to race every friday night

Zach Daum

like i said i do not know what all went on friday night just over heard some stuff being said just curious

Maybe this will help with the rumors.............. Sunday afternoon at 1:47 pm I saw Goggles Pizano and another figure that I believe to have been Bruton Smith landed a helicopter in the pits .Also at that private meeting was several of Leadbelt Material and Asphalt Paving trucks.Do you think Bruton Smith wants to turn DRR into asphalt and have a couple Nascar shows there in 2006 ? I tried to sneak up to hear what was going on but John Rattley and his boy came charging after me with their 4 wheelers with Momma Johnson on the back of it with her shotgun a flying.Needless to say I got the #*&^ out of there.If anyone knows for sure PLEASE keep us informed..........

Im not wanting to light a fire under anyone here but if I had to guess what caused this to come up, Id bet it was due to a young up & comming driver being passed before the cone on a restart by the "CHOSEN" one! Everyone saw this except for the powers that be. If anyone has any video of this please come forward. Where is the film lady when you need her??? Next up would have to be the quote heard around the world and back by the track official. "If you have a problem at the track then come up and talk to me about it." When you do this you are then told... "There is the gate if you dont like it dont come back!" Who hasnt been told this at one point and time???
How does this fix problems?? Some things are taboo to say I guess. OPEN THE ROCK!!
The competition will cause things to be done different at D.R. or the car count will all start heading south!

An Innocent bystander with ears

Asphalt :rolleyes: :D I would like that it would be like old times for me! Also less rainouts. No watering, No packing the track. Just smoooth :D racing.

Marty Boyer 52 RAMS
Just think how fast the karts would be if they weren't bouncing. :eek:
Hey, how about 1/4 midgets?

XiBALBA.....................

Sorry to burst your bubble...... But I seen the restart and NO ONE past before the cone......

I think your ears are listening to people who like to stir chit......:confused: :confused:

Hey wait a minute here, since I never mentioned a single name all of you folks sure have a pretty good idea what Im talking about, WHY IS THAT? Lets put on record that Im not affiliated with either of the two cars in question, But I do have eyes and ears and when your drifting around in the pits you pick up on things. I simply suggested that this could be the reason for the disagreement. If this issue never happened why do so many of you know what Im talking about?

STEVE H. I have never questioned your Integrity ever and I know you do a lot for many people. That was never in question!

Guess I better clear this up while Im at it, The Official Im refering to is NOT Kenny Harris. I happen to think a lot of Kenny. Bob is the infamous if you dont like it theres the gate guy. I also didnt speak on behalf of any driver, just made reference to talk I overheard in the pits. Since the original question was about the rumor that was started about the ROCK that was my guess as to what was behind that!

XiBALBA said:
Hey wait a minute here, since I never mentioned a single name all of you folks sure have a pretty good idea what Im talking about, WHY IS THAT? Lets put on record that Im not affiliated with either of the two cars in question, But I do have eyes and ears and when your drifting around in the pits you pick up on things. I simply suggested that this could be the reason for the disagreement. If this issue never happened why do so many of you know what Im talking about?

STEVE H. I have never questioned your Integrity ever and I know you do a lot for many people. That was never in question!

Why is that, Cause I heard the rumor myself, and I was in the infield and seen the whole restart... Know for a fact, it never happened.....

And why the track rumor came up... Because a track will never make everyone happy... It happens all the time, people trying to say how another track would be better.... Guarantee, people can go race at another track, and they will be complaining about them in a few months..... It's just a part of racing.. If the world was perfect, then what would we all gripe about????????

Steve:
Reply or not doesnt matter! Would you have told me the 69 passed the 3 car before the cone? You would have admitted that the 3 car got cheated? Not too many would do that Steve. You say it didnt happen, some say it did. Must have been questionable to get a mixed result like that.
People know you guys and Bob are pretty thick with each other and when the slightest questionable thing happens you going to hear that reaction. Put yourself on the other side of the fence. Im not the only person that thinks this way just one of very few that will tell you the truth about how I feel.

I got no hard feelings toward you, I just say whats on my mind.
No sugarcoats! My choice of words may not always be the best but its honest opinion.

MinistockMike said:
Why would anyone want to go to the Rock?

same reason you like doe run... some it's there "home" track other it's closer.....other like one track better than the other..

I just wonder with these gas prices if a few more racers will drop out of racing... cost twice the money just to go racing...:( :(

Back