Rusty Griffaw will be back at I-55

Derrick

Rusty is planning on going to I-55 on Saturday. But the question is can everyone hold off the UMP Points Leader??? Does Weber, Bittle, Hoffman or anyone else have enough for " The Fast Rusty Griffaw". I guess we will see on Saturday.

Sorry there Pitbob, but my boy Rusty is comeing to sees me at Fredericktown on Saturday night. Hes wanting to race against some of my buddies.

Are any of you sure where Rusty will be racing Saturday night? Montgomery County is his "home" track on Saturday nights and I don't know why this week would be any different. Plus, I seriously doubt he will race at Fredericktown Saturday since he IS trying to win the UMP National Championship (which means he needs UMP points) and The Rock IS NOT UMP. Hello?????????????? Don't think he'll be there but ya never know. Guess the best way to find out would be to call Rusty and ask him. We just might have to do that.
GOOD LUCK TO RUSTY wherever he races!!!!!!!!

Rusty

Rusty Has Been Traveling Alot Lately And Said He'd Like To Stay Close To Home He Has A Large Point Lead At Mcs And Mo. So He'd Like To Take Home The 1200 At Pevely This Weekend Just Wanted To Confirm All The Rumors.

The reason he has the point lead is that he's running at MCS. Which I'm not attacking, but its pretty obvious that you can't get the national points lead racing at a track as tough as Pevely unless you have somewhere to cherry pick on Fridays. He has always been fast, but I don't believe that he will be able to come in to Pevely and win the race. Weber, Bittle, and Walsh are too tough.

if you are running for national points you can run your own track for awhile but you might have to go to the competitions home track also that is what harrison did when he started going to mt.vernon.track championships are nothing compared to the national championship.maybe harrison and some of the bettermodifieds will go to pevely and put on agreat show.if mcs. is cherry picking why dont some of the guys higher in pointsgo there and beat him?

Higher in points ??

I do not believe you can get much higher than Rusty is right now!!!! Well if he is 1st you can't and 2nd is not chumpin either. Good Luck Rusty in your quest..... :)

Mr. Layne, your wrong. Montgomery in the A-mods is no cherry pickers spot. There are more high level competitors easily at montgomery, even though they have half of the cars. At Pevely you have probably 5 guys that can win, usually only one, at montgomery there is about 10. The reason Rusty always wins is because he always qualifies well, and starts up front. Cherry picking for late models yes, A-mods no way.

CC-28,
It is obvious you have never seen a modified race at I-55...

I promise you that you can ask any modified driver and they will tell you that is about the toughest place to win.

They get about 35 cars each week and probably 20 out of the 24 that start can win a feature...

Dear cc-28 No argument that Rusty is good. Nobody can take that away from him. How about a few names from the i-55 raceway.

Weber - top 5 guy Ump, Wins in Indian, Mississippi, MO, Il,
Walsh - Speedweek champ, Ump mo champ, Wins in Kentucky, IL , Mo, Fla
Bittle - Many track championships Belleville, Mt vernon, Il state?
Shereck - Speedweek Champ Fla, Kentucky , MO, Il, Indiana, Ga, Ohio Feature Wins
Wolfmeier - Speedweek Feature win, MO wins
Whaley - Several feature wins last few years Pevely, Fredricktown, Belleville
Hoffman - Top 5 UMP guy, Wins everywhere he goes Belleville,Highland,
Worley - Fast always at the front
Miner - Feature winner in Hava Tampa

Other feature winners at I-55 raceway last year Richards, Ratajczyk, Brent Thompson

Suprise visists just this year to the I-55 raceway
Brent Mullins, Matt Mevert, Casey Pearson, Kenney Kennedy, Tim Hancock, Billy Smith, Bobby Martintoni, Mark Schafer, Rick Stevenson, Matt Goulden, Danny Haynes,

Thats quite a good group from top to bottom. I don't know how you can think the competition is harder at Montgomery. Shawn Rayfield has never won a feature in a modified at the I-55 raceway. 2003 Rusty raced half a season before leaving and had not won one yet. (Probably would have won a few). Jim Shereck first trip to Montgomery this year was a win. Which he hadn't won one before that at I-55 in a few years. He did get one recently in his new Pierce car. Bittle came up to Montgomery a few weeks ago and won. Simmerman has never won at I-55 I beleive he's only ran the modified a few times up there and has a win. See where I'm going.

Not knocking any drivers or tracks. Where people choose to race is there decision. If you are with a modified team apparently you have not made a trip to I-55. I don't know of any track thats got that good of modified drivers.
The slow cars are fast at I-55. Before you reply ask a few of the modifieds guys. Strictkly just a race fans view of great talent in the area.

Rusty was doing some R&D @ Highland on Wednesday.

I will agree with Hootie and JDearing....the hardest place to win a Mod feature on a Saturday night around here is at Pevely. Insanely competitive!

You folks have obviously never watched a modified feature at the Fredericktown Raceway. There is NO BETTER MODIFIED RACING than what goes on at Fredericktown and I don't care if it's I-55, MCS, SFCR or Walmart's parking lot. Bring your Webers, bring your Griffaws, bring your Bittles, but winning a MODIFIED feature at Fredericktown these days is not an easy task.

I think Chewing Dirt can give you a bit of an idea, it's a totally different ballgame. I hate it we are rained out tonight, but Saturday's show should be something special...

The Mods are definitely fast down there....I can imagine it would be really difficult for someone who isn't set-up for that track to come in and beat Thompson, Kennedy, Billy the kid, Geisler, etc...

Its alway nice to see new compitition come to the best track in the nation. He race there before and did pretty good but, I dont think he can compete against weber,bittle,whaley, hoffman, or maybe even minor,walsh on the first week back..... It would be nice to see him every week though...... welcome back...

Back