Salem fair race (More info.)

JEracersdad

MEMBER THE TIME WHEN I...
Check out www.marioncountyagfair.org for more kart race info.
Just open website, and click on program button at top, and look for Wednesday, Aug. 1st program.
Contact info. Marion Co. Fairgrounds #618-548-1251 E-Mail mcagfair@sbcglobal.net
or me at 618-918-8358

Entry fee: $25.00 plus $ 10.00 pitpass (driver entry and pitpass money will go into pot for payout)
Min. 3 karts to make a class. Any class with 6 karts will guarantee $150.00 to win. 100% payout, more karts..bigger payout.

Gates open @ 5:00 P.M......Hotlaps about 6:30 P.M.....Races at 7:00P.M.

Classes
Rookie...purple plate...age 8-12...265 lbs. *
Junior...Gold plate......age 12-15..300 lbs. *
lights...................age 15 & up...325 lbs. *
mediums...............age 15 & up...350 lbs. *
heavy..................age15 & up....375 lbs. *
Open class...........age 16 & up....360 lbs.
2 cycle................age16 & up

* All stock and plate class Animals must add 20 lbs to above weights.

Directions: I-57 to Salem exit, (East-toward Hucks) to downtown square, right from square (south) on Rt 37, about a mile to Lake St., turn left on Lake St. and follow signs around fairgrounds.

Hope this helps, Mike E.

If you run animals with no plate against the stock motor that would be rediculous. That will show tracks around here that it is o.k. to do so when it is definitly not o.k. in an unretricted situation.

i think to avoid this big hassel seperate the animal and the flathead classes or score them seperatly

just plain unfair

There is no way that the animals and the flatheads can run together. This whole situation is just getting rediculous. Everyone and their brother knows its not fair. At least score and pay them seperate. These people knew when they bought the animals that there were not a lot of them around here. The only reason they bought them was for the reason everyone is complaining about.......TO WIN. Its just not cool and everyone knows it.

:mad::mad:Quit whining! I have been and watched the races, the kid (#10) can win the races with a flat head or an animal motor. He's a good driver.

Animals

I dont know at this time what to tell you guys. Its a Fair race. We're just trying to help further the sport by getting people to come out and see what karting is all about. Show some new people how much fun it is, and where they can go watch or run at.
We were running animals together because thats what all the local tracks are doing that have animals.
We're only one race. If you want change, talk to the track owners where you run weekly.
Bellerive runs them together with more weight and so are we. The one time I saw Bellerive run an animal in stock class they added 20 lbs, and thats what were doing.
Strippit runs juniors together with the same weight, but were adding 20 lbs to help.
As far as seperating them we would have to get more trophies and make more classes which we just cant do. Maybe next year when there are more animals we can plan to seperate them.
I'm doing all I can to make this show work, and its not easy. So please bear with me this year. Lets put on a good show for the family and fans, and then maybe we'll be able to do it again next year, with some changes you guys want.

Thanks alot, sincerely, Mike Easley and fair board

Mike.......i am not complaining about the jr. classes with the restrictor plates because i know with incompitence of the track owners that is not going to change. But it more rediculous to run unrestricted stock animals with flatheads. My engine builder told me that southern illinois tracks have no idea what they are doing because of this issue......he said you would have to add 75 pounds of weight to start and notice the advantage go away. He also said they are putting out 4 more horsepower than the flatheads. The flatheads might-as-well not even show up. Hand the tropy to the animal when they come through the gate. Your catering to a handful of racers and making it an easy $150. This is the most ludacris thing i have seen in my life. And yes the 10 kart will win with a flahead or an animal....whether it be with or without belle rive track management help. I discourage any flathead owner from going to this race. I do not have a personal vendetta against any one with an animal motor in a stock class because I know that this is the future of kart racing, but how would you feel mike if jon still had his flathead and no animal....just trying to make a point. But not very many people have the animals yet so why are you handing them wins on sliver platters. At least seperate payout and let us run together....let the top flathead and the top animal each carry the checkard flag at the end of the race. Or you could just have 1 stock animal class that has a 35o lbs. weight limit. Whats wrong with that??????So now one animal can come in and run in all 3 stock classes and possibly walk away with $450 and 3 trophies. I will let the wka and ikf know what is going on here. Nowhere in the rule book does it state that unrestricted adult classes can run together. This is not fair for the MAJORITY of us racers. Flahead owners need to ban together and stop these things from happening. If nothing changes in the unrestricted stock classes or jr.'s for that matter, I DISCOURAGE ANY FLATHEAD OWNER FROM ATTENDING AND WASTING YOUR MONEY, EQUIPMENT, AND TIME!!!!!!!

Kdawg

I dont have the answer you want right now, but trust me, I'm trying to think of something to appese you guys.
As I said the trophies are already ordered, and due to time we cant add another class for each class.
If you got any Helpful ideas let me know.
I had thought maybe we could put all the stock unresticted animals ( if we get any) in one of the stock races alone or something. Like all animals run either lights or mediums. And let the flattys run the other classe so thier seperate. This is what I need right now, good help, not *****in !

Please help me make this work for you guys. Thats why my phone number is up there. If we need to work something out, then please call me.
Also, we are not a weekly track sanctioned by WKA or what ever. Were just using there guidlines to run by.

Thanks again, Mike

Mike, I'm looking forward to working with you guys next wednesday. I am working on the transportation situation as we speak. But none the less I will be there with bells on:p. The reason I'm looking for a ride, is Ive never been to Salem before, and have no clue on how to get there. If anyone has any ideas plz let me know lol.

Rescue

Thank you rescue flagger.
And I would like to say now, a BIG thank to all those at JUNKYARD who are helping us put on this show. We couldn't do it without ya.

Thanks, Mike E.

Anything I can do to help Mike. I love racing, in all forms. I look at it as a chance to get out of town for the night lol.

why

why would someone discourage another racer from going to this fair race?these people are trying to give us a place to run for some extra money I dont see to many fair races these days.Seems like this animal vs. flathead stuff is a big deal but I have an easy solution buy an animal or quit whining about it. why harp on mike like its his fault he's just working to give us a place to race so shouldnt we all be thanking him? I presently do not own an animal YET and im still going to this race just to run who cares about the money its not much anyway and its not a points race so what can someone lose?

I do want to make it clear that i am not faulting mike for this whole ordeal.........if the tracks had not started this epidemic in the area the fair board and mike would not have made the decision they did. I look at the issue as bigger than just a the fair race. If they allow it (the mixing of flattys and animals) then track might take note and think that it is o.k. and do it themselves. Racer32.....if you would like to give me a check for $1350 then I will gladly go and buy an animal. It is too expensive....especially mid-season to buy something that expensive. I will eventually be an animal owner because briggs is phasing out the flathead but to combine the classes is not fair. Whether you agree with my stand or if your against it......you should at least meet me half way and say that it is not fair to run together. I just don't want to see this situation turn into an epidemic that spreads all over the area. It is better for karting to let them phase in at their own pace instead of forcing people into buying them to be competitive. Sorry Mike about calling you out like I did.......It is just frustrating to be in our (the flathead owners') shoes. You were there once and I believe you still have your ol' flatty. I don't want you to feel like I am stabbing just at the fair race it is the issue as a whole.

K-Dawg 30

p.s. Mike I like the idea of having all (if any) of the unrestricted animals running one of the weight classes. Sounds good to me.....who knows we may not have any. But that seems to be a good idea. If you do it we need to know what class asap so we can adjust weight if needed. Thanks again.

To;; Top Dog

Know what your talking about before you say quit whining. No one here is whining, just stating a fact and trying to solve a problem. We need to promote racing, and if you go to a race and see someone winning by a half lap or a full lap, Do you think a non-racer will know WHY??? I don't think so. We race every week against an animal, everyone else went elsewhere. So you tell me, IS that helping promote racing?

Ask Mike Easley, Why he went out and bought an animal?? He can't beat, so join them. But some of us just can't do that yet.

As far as the #10 kart Zack Wheeler, He is a smooth and good driver, WITH a reputation of rough driving. That will follow him whereever he go's even if he changes his tactics. People just don't forget or forgive.
Yes he's hard to beat, but we all were getting closer. Now with the animal, its probably impossible. If you don't think so (Topdog) put your FLATHEAD on your kart and come prove us all wrong.

Mike we will be there with a smile on our FACE and ready to RACE.

Kurt

Kurt, why do you talk as though the tracks have never done this. I'm not trying to do something new, that might encourage other tracks to do. I told you from the start, we're just going by the examples I've seen set at the local tracks. Tracks you run at.
Theres nothing new here !
And is it really cost that bothers you about animals. I bet your Ex Caliber National lever whatever motor you and your brother run would be that much or more new. Theres an EX Caliber animal on 4cycle right now for a grand, and others for less, 7 to 900 dollars, thats not bad. So, the price isnt any more, it just change. And I think that scares you all. But Change is a comin, with or without ya.
With all the *****in you've done on here, I figure your not coming anyway. So, why dont you start your complaints wtih your local tracks Fri. and Sat., and stop discouraging this race, which was meant to help karting be seen by the people who haven't.

MIke

As someone already said on here. Give us $1,000.00 - $1,500.00 and I would be glad to get into this animal thing. Im all for change,I just don't care to be forced into it. This will just discurage young, low budget drivers who can do well and have FUN until he starts getting spanked by poeple with $$$$$.
Since we are set for the year with flatheads, it would be hard to set them off to the side and fork out $ for a different motor just to be competitive.
As far as flatheads phasing out. I have seen kart racing in the southern states (racing heaven), and I'm don't recall seeing many animals if any. They are on flatheads and not lookin to change yet. If there was something of change like this there, I'm sure they would immediatlly get a handle on the situation and create another class until the flatheads ARE to a minimum. They do not mess around. There races are anywhere from 300 -800 karts, and racing for $200.00 -$1,000.00 to win
If you want to promote racing then don't run off the underdogs.

Mike.....tell me what tracks are running UNRESTRICTED anmials with flatheads??????? I would love to hear an answer cause none of them are. The jr. class....yes (even though i don't think that is fair either). Would you have bout an animal if they would have not started to mix them.....probably not. I want to make something clear........I don't have anything against an animal owner...in fact i don't blame them one bit becuase they are easily winning races. But it is just not fair. As far as the fair race.......would you rather show people animals winning by a half of a lap in every class.....or to want some good close racin' to attract people to our unique and awesome sport. As far as buying an animal....my brother will have one from X-Caliber next year more than likely. As far as me ......it will be a year or two because no-one is running them unrestricted around here. But the fair race is a fair race and it will be a nice event....mike I will be there to support you guys cause I want to see karting thrive in the are.....not because I agree with what you guys are doing. I have nothin against you and want to call a truce. Agin I would like to say it is the issue as a whole not only your race!

Just to make a point........go to tunica's website from last year [URL="http://www.indoorkartnationals.com/results.htm. to"]http://www.indoorkartnationals.com/results.htm.[/URL] Go to day 1 and look at sr. animal light and look at Brandon Young's time (X-Caliber) 9.507. Then go to the Yami 100's and UAS qualifing times. Top Yami 9.622 and top UAS 9.615 (day 2). Out qualified those classes as well as Lim Mod WITH A STOCK ANIMAL!!! Not to mention sr. stock light flathead had a top time of 10.029. thats roughly 5 tenths from animal light to stock light!!!! Also the jr. animal light top time was 9.914 and the top Jr. 3 flathead light was 10.048.

TELL ME IT'S FAIR....ANYONE.......I DARE YOU!

unrestricted

The only one I've seen run was at Bellerive. Phil had him add 20lbs. Thats where I got that number. And the dude got beat....by a flatty. It's not all motor in karting. It takes the whole package.
I really dont see any running around here, and dont expect to see many, if any, in unrestricted.
If they show I really hope to find a way to make it a good race for everyone.
Maybe add the 20lbs to them, and give a weight brake to the flattys or something. I'm just not sure what.
I've heard that Strippit ran one also, but dont know what they did.
I'm glad to know you'll come, and lookin forward to putting on a good show for the crowd.

Mike

Back