same old s*** at bedrock

bedrocksux101

:mad: First of all, Bud has no idea how to properly tech a motor, kart or anything else. Frank's idea of letting other people running the track is a joke. Who actually owns this place? Frank or the Westerfield's??????? Bedrock has the potential to be a great track if all the parents would quit crying when their kids don't win. They take all the fun out of racing. Winning isn't everything! Also, for as much money that comes into that place, they have crappy payout! You can't even win back the money you put in just to race. If everyone could just shut up and race, then maybe everyone would have a good time. But, as for know, bedrock ****s and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. You guys have a lot of work to do!:)

the 50 percent payback has been going on for the last few years. I know guys aren't going to make alot of money racing karts but the racers should get more money than just 25.00 for winning.
Coulterville is under new management and has good kart counts throughout the summer. Maybe give it a try.
Belle Rive Speedway in Belle Rive Illinois is usually a fun place to race and it doesn't cost much money to race.
3.00 gate fee
15.00 plus 8.00 pit pass = 23.00 with 80% payback
parents must buy pitpass for anyone under 15 years of age everyone else is just the gate fee to get in.

I don't want to get in the middle of anybodies beef, just offering my opinion on Bedrock and the folks out there.

I have had nothing but a good time at Bedrock. Frank and his staff have been very helpful and friendly. If not for there help I'd still be bringing up the rear. Not that I'm that far from it now. :)

I think the main problem at Bedrock is that the officials are never consistent, from week to week, class to class, racer to racer. Call the races the same for every class and every kart....

First, nice user name to the person that started this thread. How long did it take to come up with that one?

I can't really comment on Bud since I've never really dealt with him in the past.

Last time I checked, Frank owned Bedrock. Why would you say Westerfield owns it? I know both Frank and Larry put in a ton of hours out there to give everyone a nice track to run on.

No, the payout is not the best but it has increased this year. If you're worried about making money in karting, I'd recommend that you sell your kart and get out of racing.

Last but not least, if you don't like racing at Bedrock, DON'T COME BACK!!!! :D

Cry Baby

It sounds like you're one of the parents behaving like a spoiled brat.I won't comment about the payout,staff,or ownership,simply because I haven't raced @ Bedrock for a while.BUT I will defend Mr.Bud! He has forgotten more about 5hp Briggs's than most of us will ever know.He is an extremely intelligent individual,always willing to help others.Did he catch somebody cheating?That's his job. JMO :D

Bedrocksux101 have you ever been to a drivers meeting at Bedrock, because if you have you would definitely understand that Frank owns Bedrock. Now I am sure the wording was meant to be sarcastic because you can do that when no one knows who you are. ha ha Let me first say this, Mr. Westerfield puts in a lot of hours at that race track to give the kart racers a nice racing surface and a clean facility. He makes no money, yet he works out there every week. Whether you like him or not, he does it because he loves racing.
Secondly, let me know when you find a track that pays back most of your racing expenses and I will race there with you. As a matter of fact, let everyone in go kart racing know so we can all race there with you.
I must agree with you on one thing, if everyone would just shut up and race things would be great. Read your post over a few times and think about all the negative things you just had to say, and it will dawn on you, hopefully, that you cannot seem to follow your own advise.
Finally, pbracing gave you some ideas for other great places to race. I am sure those other tracks can't wait for you to show up. Good day!

One more thing, i refin is exactly right. Bud volunteers his time every week to make sure the racing is fair and people don't cheat. If your mad because you got caught cheating, then really DON'T COME BACK.

first things first

well your post pretty well narrows you down to one of two people caught cheating. if you dont have the gonads to sign your post maby its time to sell your karts, take the money, run by kmart or walmart and buy yourself a big old bag of crying towels.you are the one that complained last week about no one ever gets teched and this week you get caught cheating. as far as slandering my last name on this web site. that didnt make to much sense. just remember you got on comming. like the post above said i work out there about 20 to 40 hours a week for free to make bedrock a good safe place to race. so come on buddy sign your post or better yet give frank a call ask him to sell you the track so people can put post on here about you when you catch some one cheating. so o heck with your not worth it. larry :D ps hey paul we have been paying back 60% and last friday nite we where 5 karts away from paying back 70%.

bedrocl

I Am Going To Reply To This Post Probably Shouldnt But I Am There Is No Doubt That Larry And Frank Put Alot Of Hard Hours In The Track And There Is No Doubt That They Do It For Basically Free.and That Is Great And Bedrock Is A Great Race Place As Far As Track And Most Of The People.but The Calls Yes They Tend To Not Be Consistant And Not Saying That They Should Be Perfect But Alot Better Yes And When U Get Kicked Out Of A Race Track And U Wasnt Even There Then Yes Something Is Wrong But Enclosen I Dont Have A Prob With The Track Or With Larry Or Any Of Them But Would Love To Know Why We Got Kicked Out When I Wasnt Even There And Why The Calls Just My Opion Fall The Other Way Cause They Are Only Hurting The Kids And The Racers Not The Parents And We Tried Jyi Sat Night And Loved It It Was An Awsome Fast Laid Back Fun Race Track.BUT Kudos To BEDROCL Itself I JUST Hope That Someday Everything Will Be Good And Right At Bedrock Cause It Is To Good Of A PlaceTO RACE. Thank You Tigger And Kyle MccleLLan Racing.

Bedrock

First of all Frank and Larry I think you guys are doing a hell of a job with the track. Its always been a safe place to race. We love racing there and are not going anywhere. Thank you. Second I have nothing to do with the start of this and I appreciate what you all do for my daughter and myself along with the rest of my family that comes over. Yes Bud does a great job I do not have a problem with him. Mackenzie's carbs o-ring around the throttle body was worn and caused air to seep into the carb, which Bud did find. Did it cause her to go faster or make more horsepower the anwser is no was the test done per wka specs no but thats ok we are there to have fun racing and being around friends and family. As for being a cheater I do not think a worn out o-ring or seal constitutes cheating. Finally to Frank and his family, Larry, Bud, Corner workers, scorer and the rest of the crew. Thank You for giving us a safe and fun place to race.

Peters Racing 9
Scott :)

I guess you didn't get enough love from mama when you were young because you are still whining. If all you guy's think you can run a track better go buy a track where you can cry to each other. Bedrock is the BEST run track around with the nicest people running and working it. Maybe if you cry more your tears your tears will water the track and you won't have to cheat to run better! I don't have a problem signing my name when I post something.See you next week at the track,and if you are lucky (or unlucky) I will bring my kart out.And by the way FEEL FREE to tech my karts anytime because I run legal. Thanks to Frank, Larry, Chuck, Bob, Ashley, and everyone else that makes Bedrock a first class track to run at.

Jamie Bugg

It is sad that last Friday got as out of hand as it did. I unfortunately I added to it when I did not show self-restraint and for that I am truly sorry to all involved. Not to make any excuses for my self but some medical problems left me with only about 10 hours sleep in the last 72 and at that point in the night I had basically been up 30 + hours straight. Every track has problems and there is no way to make everybody happy. I enjoy racing at bedrock and look forward to racing there in the future. I have not been doing this for long but enjoy it very much. I wish to apologize to Frank and everybody at Bedrock for my short temper Friday night. To the person that started this thread (ANNOMOUS POST TO TRY AND SLAM ANYBODY DOES NOT HELP IN ANY WAY. IF YOU REALLY FEEL YOU CAN MAKE THINGS BETTER DO IT IN A WAY THAT IS HELPFULL NOT LIKE THIS. IF YOU WILL NOT SIGN YOUR NAME KEEP IT TO YOURSELF). I hope that last Friday can be put behind us all and get back to what we are all really doing trying to have a good time. It is unfortunate racing is a sport and passions run high I just hope that when things are said and done we can have a good time and who knows maybe make some friends. Thanks Andy Hicks

Bad behaviour

I just want to comment as a first time spectator of go-cart racing on my experience at the last race I visited at your track about 3 weeks ago on a Friday night with some friends who invited me to bring my kids for a fun night. We had fun watching this kind of racing, but I witnessed something that was pretty disturbing and was surprised to see this kind of behavior at an event where kids are involved. There was a racer who was really fast and winning, and when he pulled off the track, a man who was apparently working there (because he had a red shirt on like the rest of them), start screaming and calling him cheater and using profanity at him. I heard him threatened the boy that he would take care of him after the races. That scared me and my kids because I was standing close to this man, and I couldn't believe that this was going on in an event that's supposed to be fun and entertaining and there were kids everywhere. I did not find this to be at all entertaining and very bad sportmanship. This kind of behaviour is like that of a sports-parent who completely loses control and things get out of hand. I would like some feedback from other racers as to whether this is what goes on at all races or is this an isolated incidence where this particular person shows bad sportsmanship.

Sad spectator

Also a great first time user name--

I can assure you that no one in a red Bedrock Raceway shirt was calling anyone a cheater or using profanity in front of any children. I stand in the staging lanes all night long which is where the karts come off the track and where they line up to race. Therefore, I would have been the closest official to the incident. As for the incident you are talking about, which I also overheard, I believe both parties were doing their fair share of yelling. You are right, it should not happen. But in racing, sometimes it does and it is hard to control because tempers are short in all sporting events. I can assure you Bedrock's staff is working hard to control the yelling and fighting between the racers and the parents. But I must say again, the people you overheard in the yelling match were not officials of Bedrock.

Justin

I've read quite a few complaints among these posts. For those of you that have a problem, come on down on Friday, walk up to one of the officials or tech personnel, tap them on the shoulder and tell them you'd like to fill in for a night. I'm sure they'd like to take a break and learn from some experts. It's too bad I won't be able to attend the best run show in the midwest. Oh, that won't happen because you won't identify yourselves. I guess Frank and the rest of the hard working individuals that VOLUNTEER will just have to do. Here's kudos to all of you for making it fun for my son and myself!
Rich Lovell #13

Well Liquidqwik, sounds like you're defending somebody, or calling me a liar. I didn't say for sure he was an official, it just seemed that way. I don't care to continue on the forum going back and forth, just wanted an explanation that made sense but haven't found that here. The only one who witnessed it and had the nerve to admit, suddenly removed his reply. Sounds like a lot of intimidation goes on here. So, good luck to you all and I hope some day you can learn to have more of a professional outlook and a good time. Happy racing!

Back