Same Ole' JunkYard

i refin

I Refin
:mad: Unfortuneatly some things will never change! Regardless of how obvious the mistakes are,they're conveniently over looked when the local drivers are involved.It's a shame for me to see this track deteriorate away like cheap concrete!!
JYI used to be first class,down home,relaxed,and most off all FUN.Again the powers that be worked over the payout against out of town racers.When you have 9 regestered karts&drivers entered in a class,race there heats,OOOpps there motor broke,couldn't make the feature.7 karts race the feature.Now the Slam,we're paying for a 7 kart count.BTW the 2 fellas who broke didn't,and shouldn't get they're entrys back.
You have to be able to finish a race to win.That is why we work on these things all week.I don't care how fast that thing is if it blows up every time the tires get dirty.
We spent a lot of cash on gas to get there and be treated like we're not welcome.Well maybe we're not the only ones to experience this phenominum.Can this be the reason JYI had 28 karts?? Minus the 4 that we brought down,looks like an even 2 dozen.
I'm sorry but somebody has to ask questions :(

I will back you up 100% on that one. When we were running karts my brother and I worked are butts off getting our stuff together to go up there to race. What we got was screwed over. Came home with a brand new body all torn up and broken carb. It wasn't the tracks fault that the track ****ed that night because we did get alot of ran but didn't know that everyone was suppose to beat all over each other then i said something to the flag man to which i was told i could leave if i wanted. So it is a shame that gas prices and poor ran tracks are the reason it seems karts are not growing in the area. I am guessing it is gas prices on why Bedrock is not getting 70 karts like they normally get. It is a shame that gas prices are hurting local dirt tracks so bad. Hopefully something happens to bring everyone out to the tracks againi soon.

You wanna play you gotta pay !!

If you register and pay your fee to race, your in, that means your money should go in the pot and stay there.

I've never heard of anyone getting their entry fee back !!
If my boy blows the motor or wrecks out, I expect someone else to go home with my money because they ran better or built a better kart.
And congrats to them !

Thats Racin !!!

Just my 2 cents ! :)

Hey "i Refine"

Its Not All Local Boys That Win! If I Remember Correctly, 3 Payouts Went To You And 2 Other Guys That You Bought Down.
We Thank You For That. I Can Also Think Of About 5 Others That Weren't The Local Boys That Went Home With Some $$ But Some People Actullay Enjoy Themselves Down There So Why Are You Knocking Jyi So Hard? The Racers Are't The Only One Who Bust There Butts For You Guys. I Do Not Race But I Am Personally There Every Sat. From 2pm In The Heat Preparing For You Guys. We All Try Our Best. To Make It Enjoyable For You/everyone. Can Anyone Ever Say Anything Nice And Supportive. Wow, It Sure Is Nice Out There, Its So Nice That They Have People To Pick Up Our Trash When We Leave, Cut The Grass So The Kids Have Plenty Of Room To Play Safely, Have Clean Inside Restrooms With Soap And Paper Towels, Hey How About Thoes Guys Who Prepare The Track All Week Long...the Only Ones Who Make $ At The Track Is The Racers. If One Of The Guys Who Run It And Wins, There $ Goes Back To The Track. Plus They Pay The Same Everything As You Do Just To Race. I 've Seen People Love To Race Start To Hate It Because Of This. I Have My Own Business And If One Person Is Not Satisifed, They Tell 10 People But If I Do Everthing Just Perfect And Go Out Of My Way For Them Who Do You Think They Tell 2-3? Alot Of The People Here Are volunteers. If It's Suppose To Be Fun...then Where's Fun? Honestly, I Really Enjoy What I Do There And I Love The Little Guys Who Race. If One Of Them Doesn't Win Because They Came In 4th And The Pay Out Was For 3 Places, I Give'em $5 Or $10 Out Of My Own Pocket(what Ever I Can Afford) Because It Makes Them Smile And Hopefully They Remember That Act Of Kindness Not The $$$$. That Doesn't Mean Send All The Rookies Up If They Don't Win. Ha Ha That Was Suppose To Be A Joke. What Is $10.00 Compared To Negetivity And Slander. Don''t Get Me Wrong About The $10.00, I Own My Own Business And I Have A Part Time Teachin Job. My Time Is As Valuable As Yours. And $10.00 Is 3.25 Gallons Of Gas.thanks To All Who Smile With Me And Are Understanding That This Is My First Time Doing This And Will Be The Last Time. Also Thank You To Everyone Who Voluntees With Sense Of Humblness And A Touch Of Pride. I Am Also A Veteran And I Beleive In The Ole Saying "always Give What Ever You're Doing 110%" And I Do! If I Have Offended Anyone Then I Am Truly Sorry From The Bottom Of My Heart, It Was Not Meant To Offend Anyone Only To Voice My Opinion And If Someone Has A Problem Own Then Up To What You Are Saying. Better Yet, You Run Anytrack And See How It Is. Does Everyone Think The Same Way As "i Refin" Or Better Yet, What Do You Think Last Night Or Any Other Nights Profit Is?

Hey "i Refine"

Its Not All Local Boys That Win! If I Remember Correctly, 3 Payouts Went To You And 2 Other Guys That You Bought Down.
We Thank You For That. I Can Also Think Of About 5 Others That Weren't The Local Boys That Went Home With Some $$ But Some People Actullay Enjoy Themselves Down There So Why Are You Knocking Jyi So Hard? The Racers Are't The Only One Who Bust There Butts For You Guys. I Do Not Race But I Am Personally There Every Sat. From 2pm In The Heat Preparing For You Guys. We All Try Our Best. To Make It Enjoyable For You/everyone. Can Anyone Ever Say Anything Nice And Supportive. Wow, It Sure Is Nice Out There, Its So Nice That They Have People To Pick Up Our Trash When We Leave, Cut The Grass So The Kids Have Plenty Of Room To Play Safely, Have Clean Inside Restrooms With Soap And Paper Towels, Hey How About Thoes Guys Who Prepare The Track All Week Long...the Only Ones Who Make $ At The Track Is The Racers. If One Of The Guys Who Run It And Wins, There $ Goes Back To The Track. Plus They Pay The Same Everything As You Do Just To Race. I 've Seen People Love To Race Start To Hate It Because Of This. I Have My Own Business And If One Person Is Not Satisifed, They Tell 10 People But If I Do Everthing Just Perfect And Go Out Of My Way For Them Who Do You Think They Tell 2-3? Alot Of The People Here Are volunteers. If It's Suppose To Be Fun...then Where's Fun? Honestly, I Really Enjoy What I Do There And I Love The Little Guys Who Race. If One Of Them Doesn't Win Because They Came In 4th And The Pay Out Was For 3 Places, I Give'em $5 Or $10 Out Of My Own Pocket(what Ever I Can Afford) Because It Makes Them Smile And Hopefully They Remember That Act Of Kindness Not The $$$$. That Doesn't Mean Send All The Rookies Up If They Don't Win. Ha Ha That Was Suppose To Be A Joke. What Is $10.00 Compared To Negetivity And Slander. Don''t Get Me Wrong About The $10.00, I Own My Own Business And I Have A Part Time Teachin Job. My Time Is As Valuable As Yours. And $10.00 Is 3.25 Gallons Of Gas.thanks To All Who Smile With Me And Are Understanding That This Is My First Time Doing This And Will Be The Last Time. Also Thank You To Everyone Who Voluntees With Sense Of Humblness And A Touch Of Pride. I Am Also A Veteran And I Beleive In The Ole Saying "always Give What Ever You're Doing 110%" And I Do! If I Have Offended Anyone Then I Am Truly Sorry From The Bottom Of My Heart, It Was Not Meant To Offend Anyone Only To Voice My Opinion And If Someone Has A Problem Own Then Up To What You Are Saying. Better Yet, You Run Anytrack And See How It Is. Does Everyone Think The Same Way As "i Refin" Or Better Yet, What Do You Think Last Night Or Any Other Nights Profit Is?

2 weeks ago we drove 1 1/2 hours to JYI. There was a low kart count, I'm guessing less than 25. We went home with $45. I thought that was pretty damn good.

We have only been there 2 times, but I think they do a pretty good job. We will keep going there every saturday we have available.

Nice Track - Nice People - Good Food!;)

which is it?

I Refine, the 4 th of July you couldn't say enough good things about JYI and now you're saying this stuff. We haven't done anything any differently. So which is it? Last night we had spectators come up and tell us that they had some much fun and it was very affordable they can't wait for next week. A racer was talking to me and commented how great the track was and its ashame more people don't realize it. People leave with a smile and say "see ya next week." It was a good and entertaining race night last night, good jobs to all. By the way, # 83 took a hard hit but he's doing fine. Hope you're not to sore.;) ;) See ya next saturday.
:D

i still don't understand why they got their entry back. if they paid to race and blew up in a heat their entry money should stay in the pot! i not slamming jyi, i'm just curious.

Just a Dad who likes racing with son;

We are the Krt #0 in rookie class. We come to race at JYI anytime we can, maybe every other weekend because wife says 2 nights a week is too much money. lol But I would race there every week if it was closer to Centralia. Its a very nice and smooth track, alot of work probably goes in it. Very good food, friendly people and a very consistant flagman ( does not play favorites that Ive seen ) 50/50 drawing every Sat. night. Web Page and Points posted on web page, which is alot of work by itself.
My son loves to race and he works on his own kart at home cleans it, changes gears, fixes damages. I just want to thank Jyi for letting us run with the Jrs last night. I wasn't happy about payoutfor rookies. Brandon finally won in rookies but was running in combined class. Instead of getting 1st place money he was scored 4th in combined class. NO MONEY He took it good, but he is the great part, He was givin $5.00 anyway out of her own pocket. That meant alot to him and me both. I just want to THANK EVERYONE who works so hard to give us a place to race.And Good close racing. Hoping #83 is feeling better, he took a hard hit. I'm not saying all track don't need some improvement, but how many of you would get up that early and work and not get paid. NOT MANY

Thanks again and hopfully we will be back soon.

Driiver #83 Gerry Dintelman is doing fine, he was a little stiff this morning.We plan on having the kart fixed and racing Sat. night.I would just like to say how pleased we are at how everything was handled. We thought the EMT's did an excellent job, and a big thanks to Jay and Joanne for their help and support.My family enjoys themself very much every night we are there, keep up the good work.

Wow

I read my email again and #1 some of my words didn't flow through to my fingers the way I said it in my head. sorry about that.:(
I know in life you cannot please everyone. THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR KIND WORDS, YOU'RE THE BEST AND THATS WHO WE DO IT FOR. #2. I had to go back and refigure the scores so I will put them on the web site by tues or wed. as you can't see i am still working on lesson plans at 12:18am. :eek: Thanks again to thoes who took the time to reply. :D :D :D :D

Jyi

I personally like racing at Junkyard. The people are friendly and the track is pretty consistent from week to week. I just have to learn not to look over my shoulder when I get in the lead and to stay on the track!!

JYI, I'm sorry if I offended you.We understand how much work it takes every Sat.to put on a race.I also realize this is done by volunteers,and commend them for a job well done.
But you still haven't explained your payout schedule.Were did those 2 broken karts entry fees end up if not in our pay out?? :confused:

From what I understand, the drivers decided this a long time ago at a drivers meeting. Maybe they thought the track was worth it since there is an 80 / 20 split. Where does the $ go? This is my first year so what I see is...Weekly Ambulace, weekly rent for the track, weekly insurance for everyone who goes in the pits includling the volunteers, Illinois Power, trash pick up, the gas it takes to maintain the track and cutting the grass, office supplies, and little things like t.p. blah blah so on....I'm sure the rest is not as important as t.p. ;) I don't think you want the figures for all of that. I personally have not heard any other complaints about this is matter. If you wish to discuss this further no problem: 618-401-7291. I'll be nice to say you would have only recieved a few more dollars. Thank you for the times you do support the track and from what I've seen, you've enjoyed yourself when your there. Have nice day.:) opps for all of the spelling and grammer mistakes in the past ...I was offened and vented to fast.:eek:

Missed his point again

What he is asking is there was 9 karts signed up (i am going by his original question) two broke before the feature so 7 raced the feature. You paid out like there was only 7 karts in the class. So where is their money did you give it back to them ect. ect. He is basicly asking why wasnt the payout like there were 9 karts in the class.

you were just told in the post above yours,they stuck it in there pockets. they thought the racers were so dumb that they wouldnt notice.it probeley hapens alot at that track but nobody caught it before.
tom

didnt read close enough

Sorry read post again and picked up on it this time (Sun has my brain well done)

Back