Screw This! Fredericktown Raceway MUST OPEN!

Millsey

This is pathetic! I'm tired of being the nice guy. I'm finding out what the status is on the Fredericktown Raceway (like who actually has a lease or does not have a lease) and I'm publishing the information right here. That track needs to be opened!!

Well I found out today that the lease for this year was paid for by Denny Keith. After that they are unsure. I will be checking things out further, I promise!

"Who cares the place is a crap hole."

Hmmm. Crap hole is it? Well, maybe. But I still care. I attended my first race there 50 years ago. My earliest memories are of the place. "Tiny" Gregory was my first hero. I still visit his grave every Memorial Day. I've been a race fan ever since the first time I went to the races at Fredericktown. I've had the pleasure of seeing CART, IRL, ARCA and Formula 1 races. Loved em all. BUT, there will always be a soft spot in my heart for the track in Fredericktown. Walking the pits with my dad. Buying popcorn and soda from my mom in the snack shop. Paying admission to my uncle at the gate. Its like a member of the family. The place is part of my history and of who I am.

"Dead Horse !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( jmo )"

You may be right, but I hope not. If so, then a piece of me has died with it.

Axeman

I respect the fact that you have and always will have some wonderful memories of your times at the Fredericktown Racetrack. I remember the first time i went, i thought it was a HOLE and we left not long after getting there. But, then i did become more a part of it and got my first experience with " Late Models " there. AWSOME !!!!!!!!!! I loved them. Seeing them set them cars up almost on their sides because of the power in the engines. And always knowing that if " Hammerlee " could get his car on the bottom, even if there was only a few inches to do it, THAT is where he was going ;) But, i personaly know for a fact that there has been many hours of negotitaions about getting that track running again. And it just hasn't happened. And my personal opinion, during all this " negotiating time " the primises , which was already stone age, is more unfeesible to sink the amount of money in it that it would need..... Or possibly a bull dozer, and start over. Understand This , im not taking away from your memories, im just being realistic.............. LD :)

i only went for something to do i think they should build
a new track some were in madison county.

well it will always be my favorite track where I started my racing at.. and the most fun at and some of the worst luck at... and the fact it's only 15 minutes from home (slow day) helps too I guess if I started racing at doe run or SFCR I would feel the same way about them tracks nothing agiast them just the rock will always be my "home" track....

if somebody would lease it and have good equipment fix the bleachers and annuocers both fencing and gaurdrails it would be a awsome track again Terry did a great job for not knowing if he would have a track to run next year that makes it hard for a guy to invest money into a project like metioned above... to do that you would have at least a 5 year lease promise just to try to recoop some money!!!!

No it's not unfeasible in the slightest. Only someone looking from the outside in would think that. I know how to make it go and I know what to do with it, the only problem is I don't have access to the lease. Now if you think you are too good to sit on a wooden bleacher or walk across dirt and gravel instead of concrete then you're not much of a race fan anyway. Small town dirt track racing is the Fredericktown Raceway and places just like it!

Well, OK, now that you mention it, some of those bleacher boards were probably there on my first visit 50 years ago! But, Millsey's point about the track symbolizing the roots of stock car racing is right on the money.

right but If a guy is going to restart the track and have to fix the metion items and fix them right would he not need more than a garunteed year lease???? I belive if somebody respectable would get the lease he wouldn't have to beg for help on stufff like that!!!

The only way it's going to happen is if we keep the place alive. Don't stop talking about it and bringing it up at different places. It's just sleeping right now... LOL

Millsey said:
The only way it's going to happen is if we keep the place alive. Don't stop talking about it and bringing it up at different places. It's just sleeping right now... LOL

LETS GET ER DONE MILLSEY!!!
TELL ME WHAT I CAN DO .................

IS THE LEASE "PURCHABLE AFTER THIS YEAR?"
I THINK DENNY IS JUST GOING TO SIT ON IT IF HE CAN PURCHASE IT AGAIN, JUST LIKE HE DID THIS YEAR. THATS BULLSSSSSSSSSSSSS****!!! EITHER USE IT OR LET IT GO!! :mad:

I BET EVERY CAR THAT EVER RACED THERE WOULD BE THERE OPENING NITE!!
CAUSE WE ALLLLLLLLLLLL MISS IT!!! I STAY HOME ON FRIDAY NITES IF I DON'T GO TO MALDEN.
GEISLER TALKS ABOUT FREDERICKTOWN EVERYTIME I SEE HIM. HE MISSES HIS FRIDAY NITE RACING SOOOOOOOO BAD.

I THINK EVERYONE WOULD GET TOGETHER AND DO A WORKDAY IF WE COULD GET IT BACK IN THE "RIGHT HANDS" .......I KNOW I AM WILLING. GOD KNOWS I "DONATED" ENOUGH DOWN THERE IN THE PAST. . . TO BE STABBED IN DOING SO!!!

PS: I AM BRINGIN 2 BOARDS, FOR PIT BLEACHERS AND A "PORTABLE RESTROOM & A SINK :)

Count me in. I'd be willing to help on a workday and I'll also chip in a few boards. BTW, the VFW still owns the land, don't they?

Yes, Axeman the VFW still owns the land. It is terrible for such a good track to lay
"Sleeping" ..........When it is in the right hands it is a awesome little track. A lot of enjoyment came from down there!!

Its just got to be put it back in the right hands!!

But, I do personally think that everyone would pitch in and bring and do whatever necessary to get it back up and rolling.

I KNOW I DID ALOT DOWN THERE ALL THE TIME IT WAS OPEN. I GAVE EXTRA PURSE MONEY, PORTABLE RESTROOMS, ANYTHING I WAS ASKED TO DO I DID AND ALOT OF TIMES I DID WITHOUT BEING ASKED.

Back