So Sad!

justpassinbyu

Grabbin' Dirt

"GRABBIN' DIRT" will continue in the spring when the track gets geared up for the 2008 season. Have a great winter.

Thanks and blessings to all!

It's really sad :(that people on this forum can't say something positive toward "THE ROCK" and the ones working so hard to keep things running. Instead of bashing everything we do, how about a little support? We are doing the best we can. THe people have been having alot of fun at the track every Friday, DESPITE the problems, so PLEASE give us a break!.

What's the old saying:

If you can't say something good about it, just don't say anything!

I like going to the Rock and watching the races. Every race I have been to there is well worth the entry fee. They have a good anouncer, flag man, tech men, and security crew. I also enjoy the beverages and food from the concession stand. However, there are always two sides to every coin. You can not have the good without the bad. If people where wise they would use the bad things "negative" things posted on this forum to fine tune the problematic situation at the Rock. Which, by the way is well within the "We are doing all we can do" mentality. You know what...thats not a good enough answer.

Here are some questions that need answered to qualify that statement
"We are doing all we can do"

1. Is anyone getting paid for there points?
2. What will the track do to ensure that this does not take place next year?
3. Who is in charge...Who is the head hanchoe? Where does the buck stop?
4. Where is the sponsorship program...IE...signs, race sponsors.
5. How much $ did the track make this year and how much did it cost to operate for the season? If the track is in the red...then what will it take to change this next year?

Now I understand that some of these questions may be deemed inappropriate to answer on this forum, but this is just food for thought for those that have anything to do with the "We are doing all we can".

It's hard for racers not to worry when they don't know what is going on. One week a class is in next week they're out, then the next week you invite them back along with any other class that wants to come. There is no stability right now with the rock. I really do wish the best for the place and those questions that Shun....... had are questions that need to be answered not just ignored or pushed to the side. I wish Millsey was still here to help the Rock become a good track.

I'LL try to help you all out with some of the problems at the Rock. The biggest problem is not having a track manager. And the reason we don't have a track manager is because he (Terry Flanagan) stood behind his race officials on a call that was made (and by the way it was the right call.) But because the call was made on a driver that has kin that helps with the upkeep of the track it was either that person or Terry. So since the owners wouldn't back our track manager, he resigned. I know there was some drivers and crews that didn't like our track manager, but i'm sure there were very few. And the ones that didn't was probably cause of a call he stood by and they didn't like it. Yes, sometimes a call isn't all the way correct, but we as track officials do do the best we can. And yes sometimes we might make a bad call, but sometimes things on the track happen so fast and aren't caught. Thats where a track manager must come into play and try to fix it like Terry would. Not like the way it is handled now. Yeah Terry did hire a couple people in the wrong position and that was being taken care of through the team work of a couple of the officials that did and still do care. But even some of us officials are starting to wonder who really is the blame. I know of a few things I myself have came up with to help the track out, only to have the owners walk away without a deffinate answer. And the more Ive talked to the previous track manager the more I understand why somethings aren't happening. I know also when the previous owner lost control that Terry took over and ran it pretty darn good for the remainder of that year and the whole year after with very few glitches. So untill a track manager that knows how to handle these situations is hired or maybe even Terry is brought back and the owners sit down and listen it will remain in KAOS. And as for sponsorship for the track, it still isnt happening. Yeah I'm told there is this and that in the works, well how long does it have to be in the work before being implimated. I know for a fact that PRing isnt easy, but with the right people involved it could happen. And that also was tried by teaming up more than one person to work together and well, that also was another brick I ran into with the owners. This is not a bash on the owners but a wake up call. To make the Rock be successful it does take TEAM WORK. And that we do not have. Just a small break down is, 1. Team Owner,which we have. 2. TRACK MANAGER is needed. 3. more than ONE PR person. 4. honest track officials that back each other, which we have. and so on. But we all have to work as a team and can't have non officials come into play and try and overturn calls. All calls are to made by the track officials with the last call be finalized by the track manager' (which we don't have at the moment.) And as for the track being in the red or the green. Yes it went in the red. And with the understanding of most drivers it is slowly being worked out to be in the green by the end of the seaon. But, without SPONSORS it will be back in the red by next year with the improvements that must be done in order to make the Rock successful next season. Now dont quote me on this, but as for as the points being paid this year, There isnt a track manager and so the few suggestions made to the owners still hasn't been a for sure thing. STILL, don't quote me on this, but supposedly there is something in the works for the top point getters. "I want to say the top three or five" but then I'm not the manager and have given up on the suggetions to the owners, cause I can't get a deffinate answer and anything I impliment. So until we have a track manager the best person to ask this to is probably the owners. GOOD LUCK. I'm pretty sure though that next season will be better, cause there will be a little time to think about the things that went wrong this year and they can sit back and take this and put the bad with the good and hopefully make it better. In fact Im sure it will be better, cause it cant get worse or there wont be a ROCK!!! See ya all friday. And hope this helps a little.

It's really sad :(that people on this forum can't say something positive toward "THE ROCK" and the ones working so hard to keep things running. Instead of bashing everything we do, how about a little support? We are doing the best we can. THe people have been having alot of fun at the track every Friday, DESPITE the problems, so PLEASE give us a break!.

What's the old saying:

If you can't say something good about it, just don't say anything!

WHAT A "NEGATIVE LINE" .........IF YOU CAN'T SAY SOMETHING GOOD ABOUT IT / DON'T SAY ANYTHING. THE OTHER LINE OF: LET US WORRY ABOUT IT .........TILL YOU WALK IN SOMEONES SHOES ......

ON THIS FORUM IF YOU WILL READ BACK THERE IS GOOD IN EVERY POST AND IN EVERY POST YOU WILL FIND, "WE LOVE THE ROCK" AND "WE LOVE COMING" THE RACERS LOVE RACING THE ROCK.......AND THERE IS ALWAYS A "WHAT CAN WE DO TO MAKE IT GO?"

ALL WE WANTED WAS "ANSWERS" TO OUR QUESTIONS IN OUR POST.......NOT TO BE PUT OFF AND TREATED LIKE WE ARE IDIOTS.

WITH A LINE LIKE THAT COMING FROM A "PR PERSON" YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO GET SPONSORSHIPS FOR RACES OR THE TRACK.

I UNDERSTAND CURLEY AND ANNE STRUGGLING WITH ALL THE MONEY THAT HAS BEEN PUT IN THE ROCK FOR REOPENING, AND I TOO UNDERSTAND THERE IS TERRIBLE "MANAGEMENT" PROBLEMS. ANNE AND I HAVE TALKED ABOUT ALL OF THIS.

BUT, DON'T RUN THE SPONSORS YOU ALREADY HAVE AND THE DEDICATED PEOPLE THAT ARE THERE EACH WEEK OFF WITH SPOUTING OFF WITH SUCH "NEGATIVE LINES."

THE WORST THING THAT COULD OF HAPPENED TO THE ROCK WAS THE CLOSING / 12 HRS LATER REOPENING / MEETING CALLED WITH NO MANAGEMENT IN ATTENDANCE / CLASSES DROPPED / CLASSES ADDED / "FANS AND DRIVERS" UNSURE WHAT WE ARE COMING TO EACH FRIDAY NITE. BUT, I COME EACH FRIDAY NITE.

AS THAT PR PERSON THE LAST THING YOU NEED TO DO IS GET ON HERE WITH "NEGATIVE LINES" LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN DOING. YOU NEED TO REASSURE AND SHOW EACH ONE OF US CAR OWNERS / DRIVERS / SPONSORS / FANS THAT WE WANT TO COME AND SPEND OUR MONEY AT "YOUR TRACK" ........THAT WE DON'T HAVE TO SPEND A HOUR AND HALF GOING TO ANOTHER TRACK .........

YOU HAVE YOUR WORK CUT OUT FOR YOU AND YOU NEED TO SIT DOWN AND MAKE A PLAN OF "GOOD PR FOR THE ROCK"

CAUSE, I DON'T TAKE TO CLICKING ON SOMETHING THAT TELLS ME: IF I DON'T HAVE NO GOOD TO SAY / SAY NOTHING AT ALL!

CAUSE I AM NOT ONE TO SIT BACK ON MY AZZZZZZZZZ AND SAY NOTHING...............GOOD OR BAD .......

NOW I AS A SPONSOR KAY AND YOU THE PR PERSON:

YOU TELL ME "WHY I WANT TO KEEP MY PRODUCT AS A SPONSORSHIP OF THE ROCK.......SPONSOR A CAR .......SPONSOR A CLASS WITH ADDED MONEY .......AND PAY FOR A SIGN ON THE BACK WALL........WHY I WANT TO COME TO YOUR TRACK TO SPEND THIS MONEY" AND WHAT I AM GOING TO GET IN RETURN .....

I WILL AWAIT YOUR ANSWER.........

KAT/BVT
www.cleanrestrooms.biz

Perfectly Said !

I also am a " fan in the stands " EVERY week. This is my favorite track to come to and alot of that has to do with me and Jeff sharing that together. And we had already discussed that even though we are just friends now instead of dating i would still come to the track with him ! I am NOT just some dummy that will set back and be quiet. REMEMBER... i dated Jeff Mills for over 3 years. I learnt from the best ! It is my " privilage " to post my opinions/feelings on this board and i will continue to do so ! IF i am wrong, check my posts, i will be MORE that happy to apoligize. I am just getting to know Anne and i think they have done ALOT to get this track going. BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTT dont let others tell you and Curley " Dont come to the meeting " GRAVE mistake ! The driver's needed to know you are there to answer all their concerns and questions. That even though things do get tough sometimes, we are still here for the drivers and fans. I encourage everyone i know to come to THE ROCK it is a wonderful track. GODDDDDDDD how it needs Jeff's touch. And like i have said... I would be more than happy to help( Curley and Anne ) in any way . LD :)

Just PLEASE come and enjoy the races and let us worry about the rest PLEASE!...Until you walk in someone else shoes.........

Why would I want to walk in your shoes?? Mine fit just fine....

Just so you know...I have a B.B.A. in Business Administration and Management. Those questions I asked are simple questions that if answered could provide a blue print for success at the Rock! How much more positive could one get? I take time to read these post and communicate via the net with you folks because I care...I'm not here to bash or put down anyone and my goal is not to be negative. Constructive criticism is sometimes taken the wrong way.

Look answer those questions and you may just find that 2008 could be a record year for the Rock!!

1. Is anyone getting paid for there points?
2. What will the track do to ensure that this does not take place next year?
3. Who is in charge...Who is the head hanchoe? Where does the buck stop?
4. Where is the sponsorship program...IE...signs, race sponsors.
5. How much $ did the track make this year and how much did it cost to operate for the season? If the track is in the red...then what will it take to change this next year?

And by the way, we don't have a track manager, because the right person hasn't been found. This isn't NASCAR. it's a small town Friday night dirt track. Is there anyone out there that just wants to have fun?

Time To Take The Toilets And Run

I think the above answer should be the bottom line for everyone. No doubt you can't please everyone, but there are legitimate questions being asked in terms of point rewards and so forth. Don't Like It, Don't Show Up. You got it. That's why I haven't shown up for weeks and nobody else should either. This track isn't a charity event. By the way Kat, I'll help you load if you want to go get the toilets. Everyone should enjoy finding a bush to hide behind when they have to go potty.

For all of you people who are worrying yourself to death over what's going to happen to the track, you are wasting your time. If the owners don't care, neither should you.

You have got to be kidding......

I am in total shock!! After a long awaited response from track owners, that is all we get??!! This IS "so sad"!!!!! If that is how you feel about all of the drivers and fans that have tried to support you and patronage your track, that there is no need to WONDER why the track is in trouble. You know how the saying goes...."Don't bite the hand that feeds you". Oh, nevermind......TOO LATE!!:mad:

Well from the looks of things it doesn't seem that I would be hurting anything by telling u guys that Fri Aug 31 Doe Run will be running the B Mods and Fri Sep 7 they are going to run Pure Streets....we hope to see you guys there!!!!!!

Open Your Eyes

Whether that comment was for Tony or anyone else that is just ridiculous! I personally think Tony has done more good than anyone at that track! But then that doesn't take much this year! There is NO way you all aren't making money! Those stands are full every Friday night! And there are good car counts as well, not to mention each car bringin in 3 or more people in the pits with them. If your not making money then it is from your own bad judgement! You have WAY to many people in your concession stand for one, you have WAY to many so called "security" that do nothing but sit and watch the races! And you are going to continue to lose drivers and fans if you don't get these problems figured out quick and then there will be no Rock! Curley and Anne you may have taken on the responsibilty of puttin this together but its the drivers, pitcrews, and fans that keep it goin, without them YOU ARE NOTHING!! So if you plan to stay "in charge" then there are alot of apologies that need to be made! This is down right ridiculous! And if you are going to have a "security" then they need to be doing their job! Not sit back and laugh when things get heated up! I for one, until something changes, will not be back! I refuse to watch people i care about get hit on and cussed at and the "officials" sit back and watch! I know for a fact you lost at least 3 cars, 7 pit passes, and another at least 10 stand passes just with that 1 night. In case youd like to know that cost you at least $275 and that without buying any concessions! So you wanna worry about being in the red OPEN YOUR EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O yea!

Also Anne, how do you expect people to "have fun" when they come down to the Rock to race and end up gettin totaled out ON PURPOSE!!! And not get paid a dime, then have people over in YOUR pit hittin on you(and a young girl!) and threating you all the while YOUR security watching and making the comment that they dont get paid so they arent going to do anything! Do you call that fun? Would you appreciate going home with a totaled car, ripped clothes, one of your closest fans going home with a hurt arm because sum "man" thought he could come over and start throwin punchs, and absolutely no support from any "officials". No I don't think that's "fun" and for the guy not wanting anybody saying anything "not nice" maybe you should have stood up for that racer and his pit crew, how would you expect anyone to come away from a situation like that saying "Boy I had fun tonight and cant complain about anything that happened!" Like I said in the last post OPEN YOUR EYES!:eek:

Whether that comment was for Tony or anyone else that is just ridiculous! I personally think Tony has done more good than anyone at that track! But then that doesn't take much this year!
Hey, I have tried to do good for that track. I'm there every week bustin' my butt to keep the show running fast and smooth, doing pill draw, and now I've taken on the job of figuring payouts. Plus, I make sure that I have accurate results each week so we can get them posted on the forum ASAP for all to see. I do all of this for the drivers. Tony and I work well together....better and better every week as we both have gotten to know what the other can do and what we expect them to do.

Your right! Sorry I didnt mention you, just got aggravated at the comment that was directed at him, it wasnt neccessary, and yes I cant even imagine what the track would be without you there! Sorry again didnt mean to leave you out! You definitly know what your doin and Im glad somebody has as much knowledge as you do is workin there!:)

Hey, I have tried to do good for that track. I'm there every week bustin' my butt to keep the show running fast and smooth, doing pill draw, and now I've taken on the job of figuring payouts. Plus, I make sure that I have accurate results each week so we can get them posted on the forum ASAP for all to see. I do all of this for the drivers. Tony and I work well together....better and better every week as we both have gotten to know what the other can do and what we expect them to do.

And now you know what your rewarded with if you try to make things better by answering questions for the people who aren't talking....

Sounds to me like Tony has figured out that he may have to go elsewhere to "have fun" on a Friday night!

I feel sorry for you all...

Back