Stacker2 Xtreme Dirt Car Series merges with U.M.P.!

This is huge news!

Now the question remains; what will happen with the body style rules come next year? Will the out dated UMP bodies be changed to the X style or will the X body rules be forced to come back to UMP stylings?

A big thumbs up on the elimination of the one tire rule! that was holding the series back so much.

Looking forward to see how the rest of the XDCS season plays out.

WOW!!! This is massive news!!! Does that open up the possibility of more Xtreme races at local tracks, like Pevely? I would like to see those boys down here.

It should be great now the local cars should be able to attend extreme races without fear of having the rules changed to make them uncompetitive.

John Barr
The Trashdog

Should be interesting to see what drivers will be Xtreme/UMP and who will be WoO next year. Hope this means a lot more of Earl Pearson Jr up in our region.

i guess its a good deal but i kinda dont get it.
ump has been the saviuor of the local, weekly racer.
(have a tampa) XTReme has been the deal for guys that may have bigger budgets and can afford to tour the country. i dont see how that helps the small budget guys that run around here. might even take some cash out of their pockets. i like seeing the big boys but im kinda wonering how this will turn out. will one series **** the other dry?
the WOO series seems to me like a short term thing. i could be wrong but it wouldnt be the first time.

So Jimmy what's gonna be different now? I realize they're merging together, but what is gonna change. Is Goodyear out?

I think the big question is:

Who is in the drivers seat after this merger, and how is this going to effect the local racing. The two groups serve different purposes and interests, so how do they now plan to blend the two entirely different interests, and who is going to make those decisions.

R.I.P. Mr. Memmer!

WoO/UMP CO-Sanctioned races in Sept. at I-55 and Springfield???

This is easily the hugest news in LM racing in recent memory. Time will only tell if this helps or hinders.

Like I said before it all depends on the details and how they intend to blend the two seperate interests of each group, but on the surface it apears to me to only water down the prestige of Xtreme and add prestige to the WoO Late Models as now the only professional touring Late Models.

Confussed?¿?

I did read the whole thing about them merging together........but I am very confussed about the whole thing! I get that they are together now but what is so good about them being together? :confused: How are things gonna be different! I am sure there are people on here that understand what is going on........So if you are one of them explain this all to me!! I don't mean to be a pain but I don't understand what is happening!! Someone that knows please explain it to us who don't know! Thanks!!

The one thing i know for sure is that goodyear tires arent going to be mandated for them(XDCS) effective now (i think it is open, that they can run goodyears or hoosier, and not sure on this one but i am guessing that it might be kinda like the Busch and Nextel cup kinda like two different serieses under one Name or organization, and then they come together for special events and like the Summer Nationals! Not for sure but that is just what I get from it!

I dont think we will really see for sure till next season, but to me it sounds like it will be a good deal, with more races in the area!

So how does this affect the pepsi nationals?Will it be woo and ump like it was scheduled, or will it be all three sanctions? I thought extreme and woo were at odds all year.hopefully they bring in the drivers from all 3 series and it could be like a little dream at I 55

Back