Votes: 28 23.1%
  • I prefer Sundays at 2pm

Votes: 45 37.2%
  • I prefer Sundays at 6pm

Votes: 48 39.7%

• Total voters

Doug

Announcer
Since we have raced almost as many Sundays as we have Fridays, I was just wondering which one everyone prefers.

Much better Sundays at 6. Fridays are too rushed and the early Sunday dries out the track too much.

i prefer friday nights at godfrey
been goin there so long on fridays doesnt seem the same goin on sunday
but ill take racin anyday of the week

yes sunday night if they get the ball rolling ,and kinda watch how many classes you run , gotta get over early for daddy can get back work lol

yes sir,the new and inproved GODFREY BOWL,or CHARLIE BOWL EAST,if you could pull it off it would be the biggest deal in local racing in the last few years,,,now there is a down side to the Sunday deal,it's called BROWNSTOWN,weather you like Charlie or not, he still has done a lot for racing with all the Special Sun.showes he has and if Godfrey creates a conflict it would hurt both tracks,so my advice would be for all involved to work together to avoid any race day conflicts,not that any one really gives a rats arse what I think,,,

Friday nights have been so much of a tradition. That's my preference although 2:00 Sunday would be a good second choice. Sounds sorta like what you're doing now.

Yeah, what fireball said. A new Sunday tradition! Brownstown is too far for alot of us anyway. We all miss the bowl.

I think this area has been begging for a Sunday night show but I also think it may take a while to build up the Sunday fan base. We race fans seem to be creatures of habit and when someone moves our cheese we all don't necessarily head in the same direction. Without the Bowl on Sunday some people have found other things to do, others have not.

You're not going to switch to Sunday at any track and be the new Charlie Bowl overnight.

It's not just about doing it, it's about being able to afford to do it.

It's not my money but I say go for Sunday evening.

TTG/MM

It seems by the vote that Sunday is prefered. If the race fans truly feel this way maybe they should all show for this Sunday's show.

For some people, Sunday is the only day they get to put the car back together if it gets tore up running Friday and Sat night. IF you need parts or what not, and your running Friday and Saturday, you have Sunday to get around to a lot of places like scrapyards and what not to get them. If you end up racing Sunday, and work Mon to Fri, it kinda puts you under the gun come Sat a.m. to not only get your parts, but to get the car fixed as well. Just a thought.

if Godfrey would race Sundays i would be there for sure,,i work 2nd shift so fridays are taken up for me,hope they will race on sundays ,,i know 4 cars that would go as well!!!

I agree with TTG.

I would love to see a weekly Sunday night show, and so would many STL race fans/drivers. It would just take awhile to build that "CharleyBowl" like fanbase and atmosphere.

If Sunday is what you want, then come to Belleville this Sun. The last two shows have started on time, and have been over between 10 and 10:30. The racing has been excellent, many cars going for the lead, multi- lanes, and no follow the leader on the pole. Also, very little dust.
What more can you ask for?

One word: ORGANIZATION

One word: ORGANIZATION

I have yet to ever go to Godfrey that they have started on time.

The Sunday shows have been the worst.

This Sunday over 1 hour late it starting the first race ... remember post said RACING at 6:00 p.m. it was almost 7:15 - 7:30 when the first green flag was thrown.

If they are even CONSIDERING a Sunday show, they need to practice for the rest of this year getting the show started on time and ended at a decent hour .... another suggestion ... 15 min. intermission for a Sunday show is MORE than enough.

Last question ... how was the kid that turned his car over in the last feature? The hour was getting LATE, and we had to leave before anything was announced on his condition.

SUNDAY WOULD BE GOOD.

HAVE THE RACING START AT 6PM, NOT HOT LAPS.

HOT LAPS SHOULD START AT 5:15-5:30. SHORT INTERMISSION ALSO.

STARTING THE RACES AT 2PM IS WAY TO EARLY ON HOT SUMMER DAYS. THATS HOW YOU GET THOSE BIG DUST CLOUDS THAT YOU CAN HARDLY SEE THE RACE THROUGH, AND THE LATE MODELS JUST IDLING AROUND THE TRACK. THATS NOT RACING.

STARTING AT 6PM GIVES THE TRACK CREW ALL DAY TO PREP THE TRACK. THEY CAN ADD WATER IF NEEDED, OR WORK IT IF THERE HAS BEEN TO MUCH RAIN AND SUCH.....J/M/O

Tuff-E-Nuff and PITDRIFTER make some really good points. If they could just get organized and start on time, a Sunday show might just be the market niche they desparately need to find. Think about this: they ran the first race around 7:30 and were done just after 10:30. That's a three hour show which ran 18 races and an inflated intermission. Had they started at the advertised time, the show would have been done around 9pm. I don't ever remember leaving St. Charles that early. And traffic in and around Godfrey isn't nearly as bad as what we experienced at "The Bowl". Think long and hard. The potential is there, the show just needs to be refined.

MY THEORY BEHIND THE 6PM START IS THE TRACK LOCATION. THE BOWL DIDN'T START THAT EARLY, BUT THE LOCATION SEEMED EASIER TO ACCESS.

Maybe it doesn't seem hard to get to since I've lived here all my life, but according to Mapquest.com, these are the directions from 270/367 (Christian Hospital Northeast):

1: Turn onto LEWIS AND CLARK BLVD/ MO-367 N. Continue to follow LEWIS AND CLARK BLVD. 4.60 miles

2: LEWIS AND CLARK BLVD becomes US-67 N. 11.69 miles

3: Turn RIGHT onto MONTCLAIR AVE/ IL-111/ IL-267. 0.49 miles

Total Estimated Time: 28 Minutes
Total Estimated Distance: 17.07 miles

(I've made it in about 20 minutes late at night after the intersection signals change their cycle)

Back