TCS makes Best of... in the RFT

RaceGoddess

AJR Racing
Anybody pick up the Riverfront Times?? If you did, did you happen to look at page 32? Under Best Place to People-Watch???

It says Tri-City Speedway. Before ya get too excited, lemme type ya the article.

"If you're in New Orleans and you want to people-watch, where do you go? Easy: The French Quarter, where everything and everyone is on display. Miami? South Beach, of course! St. Louis? A tricker proposition, but only slightly. If you're looking for prime people-watching turf in St. Louis, let's be honest: You're looking for that place that offers the most hoosiers per square foot. Which brings us straight to scenic Tri-City Speedway, located in the metro area's hoosier epicenter, Granite City. A dirt auto-racing track where people race mid-'80s Oldsmobiles against Monte Carlos from the same era, the Speedway draws what can only be described as a diverse hoosier crowd. It's a place where urban and rural hoosiers can come together around a common interest: Busch tallboys. What happens on the track is compelling, but it's ultimately background fodder. At Tri-City, the real action's in the bleachers."

Read that again. RFT is saying that in St Louis, people watching=hoosier watching. Read the line that says "If you're looking for prime people-watching turf in St. Louis, let's be honest: You're looking for that place that offers the most hoosiers per square foot." Way to go RFT, you just insinuated that your entire readership is comprised of hoosiers with one paragraph...:rolleyes:

.... and i don't think they were talking about the tires on the cars when they say more hoosiers per sq. foot.hehehehehe!!! lol!!!!

Any publicity is good publicity. If them dang ol' liberals want to come over to people watch, we'll surely sell them a ticket! ;)

The Riverfront Times has always been an elitist paper that feels they are above the midwesterners of St. Louis. I was more shocked to see the cover and somewhat positive article over the summer about Tri-City than I am to see this. The paper does work pretty well for puting under parts that you are spray painting.

Isn't this the paper everyone was praising a few months back with Sponge Bob's or one of the drivers from there picture plastered all over it????
I guess they were saving part 2 for this edition :rolleyes: By the way it was a very nice write up the last time they wrote about TCS or so I thought !!!!

Well, I guess this sums up the arguement about which track is better. TCS beats I-55 hands down! LOL! At least they didn't call us a bunch of "Goodyears"! LOL!

So the RFT comes and does a story on Tcs talking about how cool it was, then turns around and stabs the place in the back? They need to invite that reporter back out for another night of fun! Show him how pissed we hoosiers get when people down us, our sport, and our track!!!:mad:

It is obvious that the Riverfront times does not know what a Hoosier is. Hoosiers are people from Indiana, and they are proud to be hoosiers. I think they are trying to call race fans from the Stl area's of MO and IL hicks, bumbkins, or something else, and the upity city boy cant even do it right. I will add that I have not seen a regular show at TCS, and that my only trip there in five years was the MARS race, so I am no expert on how good the racing is there. I will however say that I have never heard of anyone going to I-55 to people watch, there the racing is the reason for going.

Obviously they haven't been to the other tracks. The way they will see it is like a job same ole BS just different track!!!! And I can't remember when I went dirt track racing and had a white collar :p I can't believe they did not call it Red Neck Racing. LOL!!!!! Either way we all fit into the catagory at hand just hate when they put it in print form like that :eek: :D

Look at it this way: The RFT is saying that the most interesting people they have come across, the ones that will capture your attention and keep it the longest can be found sitting in the stands at Tri City Speedway.

If being part of the most interesting crowd of people the RFT can find in the Stl area makes me a hoosier, then call me a hoosier. I just like racing at the place, and the crowd is pretty cool too.

Back