Teching of the #8 @ MCS 8-20

harris69

Harris Motorsports #69
Saturday nite at MCS the #8 of Shannon Burch was protested for a complete tear down including looking at the clutch. Shannon was found to be LEGAL. Congrats to Shannon on your heat, feature, and protest win up north.

Hey shannon congrats man way to go, now i guess we both have something in common, good luck getting it back together, and good luck and kick some butt the rest of the year....

"You Da Man oops, I mean Chicken Man!"

Great job winning both the heat and feature and doing so legal. I also think that means you are the current RAMS points leader :eek: . Yes/No?
See Ya Friday, Marty Boyer 52 RAMS

Way to go Shannon. Guess that goes to show you that you can win legally. Guess you dad and kenny will be busy this weekend. We going to the bar Monday? Lets hope so. see you tommorow maybe.

Way To Go Shannon

Wow, Both the heat and feature @ MCS. "CONGRATULATIONS"!!!!!!! :) :)
Did you do your awesome chicken dance for the fans there? If so I bet they will be looking forward to seeing it every Saturday night until the end of the season. You go King Daddy.

I just read about you getting tore down Saturday night. I knew you where honest and just a good clean driver, with a "LEGAL FAST CAR." To bad some cry baby didn't realize that before he spent his $25o.oo dollars, but after all it was a full moon, so no howling or booing heard

Saturday night just double crying. :D one for losing the race and one for wasting his money. :D :D :D

Shannon, " Ya You The Man."
See you Friday night @ DRR, if you don't get the feature I hope M---Y does but you know who I'll be rooting for first, if I see he can't make it, I'll cheer you on to VICTORY. :) :) :)

Garey and myself have had several complaints about not tearing motors down in the mini stock class. I personnally knew what Shannon was running and just figured that everyone else was LEGAL also. I have tried to help each and everyone of the mini stocks with anything that I can. There are a few that are handling ALOT better and I am more than GLAD to help anyone that I can. Again do we as techmen need to look cars over for ported heads,cams, rods,and clutches ? Answer the post here or PM me with your thoughts . Thanks Kenny

well in my opion (which many don't care ) at doe run they are all running to close to be cheating and if they are why aren't they winning more often???

I don't want to sound to harsh here, and I have said many times I will never personally get involved in a protest ever again, but what I don't think should be happening is tech men who are involved in a racers program. That would go for myself and anybody else. Even if nothing bad is going down, there will always be suspicion of such. I am not accusing you all of it, I am merely stating how I fell about the tech stuation. Good job Shannon and all involved on you success up north! And I have already commented on what the track should tech and again it should be things that don't cost the racer to tear down because there is no money involved to do so!

I agree with most of your post. The only involvement i have with Shannon this year is the same involvement with the rest of the class. Brian has a spring of mine, Wheel and Brian Cox applied some of the setup I had on the #17 truck, Marty has some of the same, Ronnie Moser has changed springs and air pressure to help in handling, I could go on and on but the statement I am trying to make is that I am a techman for DRR that is willing to help anyone that ask.I am glad that someone else teched Shannon and not myself. I personnally DON'T think that anyone at DRR is illegal just from the facts that I knew Shannon was legal. DRR has an excellent class of minis and am dang glad to be associated with this group. We have a few that need and will get the handling better........And YES I am still working on the aftermarket rod deal. Tom can you find a fairly inexpencise rod for the 2.5 that you would recommend...Kenny

good job 8 team

congrats to the 8 team on their wins.Kenny ill get with Steve this week and see what a good rod combo would be and the cost might take a bit of search but im sure hell find a good deal for the rods.als thanks for the help i have got the things changed but have not got to try them been working diff.shifts hopefully be their this weekend so hope to see ya then BRIAN#3

At the last meeting they picked 3 of us (Shannon, Steve and myself) to review the rules and bring any changes for a vote. While Shannon was tearing down we spoke about the teardown rule. I want to see they driver to driver protest eliminated altogether. I even said I would buy a scope to use for tech at MCS (if im still teching) at no cost to the RAMS. That would eliminate some of the trouble and cost to inspect. All we can do is vote in the rules meeting!!!!!!

While I am not a RAMS member, I have been previously involved with the assoc. and feel I can speak up here and offer an opinion and a few comments......

PW-It is very hard to find someone willing to come out every week and work at the track that is not somehow affiliated with the drivers. Most of the people willingful and knowledgable enough to do it, have been involved. If you have an honest tech program, you are safe. Belive it or not, you can be impartial pretty easily when a driver is laying it all out in a tear-down. And besides, the protesting party should be knowledgable enough about what they think is illegal to know the decision as well as the tech man will. It isn't hard to read a mic or a ruler(tape, etc.)

I mean come on, if a CHEVY mechanic can be trusted after he drives his FORD to the racetrack...........the techman getting trusted is a piece-of-cake..;)

SmokingJoe- I have to disagree. JMO-but the protest is a part of the deal that should stay. There should always be the availability to check out the competition with a fistfull of money. What SHOULDN'T happen is the dissappearance of the sanctioning body doing their own checkups........They SHOULD KNOW what EVERYONE is running.

I have no problem with a comment here or a comment there from a tech man on, say on how to set up your car and such. I don't think it is appropriate behavior to have tech men building motors for people that are running at the track you are teching. By all means, lend a person a spring or some good advice just don't be a big part of there program it just doesn't sit well with a lot of people! And if you can't trust a man who drives a Ford to the track, who can you trust. Kinda like know thy enemy! I also agree that the driver tearing down another driver must stay. That is how you keep people honest or at least it is a means to police each other.

Huh????????

pwracing said:
And if you can't trust a man who drives a Ford to the track, who can you trust.
I agree 100% Its the guys that drive Dodges and GM products that spook me :p

Just wanted to give you some grief 'bout that Ford/Chevy thing.....

Still peacefully disagreeing. All you need is knowledge and the tech man can do nothing but help. Learning to race can mean learning about everyone else's equipment too, when you are running a class as diverse as the ministocks are. It isn't all about the small block chevy right here. You have Ford, GM, Mopar, Toy, Mitsu/Dodge, Nissan and at least a few others. If you are worried about fair tech, you need to be finding out about what things the other guys can do. Sure, the tech guy can hurt you by helping the competition knowingly, but he may be able to hurt you worse by mistake. It is up to you to know what is legal, for your own good.

In small time dirt racing, you have to accept things like the tech man helping out buddies. Look at the judges towers at local tracks. There is just as much debate about who is working in them. You just have to accept it and do whatever you can to ensure that they are fair. Look at it this way, you are a crew guy and they would probably allow you to help them too......I'm sure they could use the help. Dad was always needing help with teching the dwarfcars.......and it is a good experience. It makes you appreciate them a little more;)

I also agree with other drivers being able to tear down others. I don't agree with the track being able to tear someone down that will cost them alot of money to put back together. I believe that an intake, valve cover, or header gasket are 2 items that are fairly cheap items. As far as this techman building motors for anyone, I don't even build my own. LOL. Sometimes I would like to take credit for the motors tho.LOL

Back