thanks Allied

A35S

Go to The Front
first off thank you allied and Stan for having a race track open so we can have racing each and every week. We all know you can do nothing about the weather but you have both dome a fantastic job getting the racing surface ready for the drivers and the fans so far this year. I only have one problem. That is that though you start the night earlier, you also have a ending time that is an hour earlier also. I have been to both sunday shows, the stands are full, and the car count is huge. I talked to a few of my friends that we have been racing with for many years and we all love the format, that says if it rains we will try again on sunday. But we also see the need to start at least an hour earlier also. I understand that people have commitments etc, but now with all 4 classes competing for national points and if the weekend rains out like it has been then the car count on Sunday is HUGE, I am suggesting this change due to the car count, and the timing of the extra heats and semi's that are not the same on a normal friday night. Again I want to compliment you on the format and the ability to keep the show going, but the extra car count, heats and semi have now made it so the pure stock class is gonna have to run two features on one night, which is fun but still very hard for a car if anything should happen.

Al Boyce

Did anyone else think 20 cars was too many for the LM's? It was a fun race, but with that many cars on that small a track...

I don't think I saw a car out there that wasn't banged up.

Did anyone else think 20 cars was too many for the LM's? It was a fun race, but with that many cars on that small a track...

I don't think I saw a car out there that wasn't banged up.

Since they let two extra cars tag on to the LM feature, why didn't they just skip the pure stock semi? I'm assuming they took five cars out of each pure stock heat (5 x 3=15). Five cars finished the semi, so there's 20 cars.

Since they let two extra cars tag on to the LM feature, why didn't they just skip the pure stock semi? I'm assuming they took five cars out of each pure stock heat (5 x 3=15). Five cars finished the semi, so there's 20 cars.

Their own payout on their website shows 20 starting spots for all 4 classes.

My Thoughts on the night:
1) Great track-especially considering the weather
2) Great racing- the stand out races were the Pure stock dash and modified feature. Wow that Showstopper!

My suggestions:
1) Open the pit gates an hour earlier. The trailers are backing up onto the main drag. Someone is going to take issue with this if it is not fixed!
2) On Sunday nights eliminate the dashes and pill draw for feature start spots. I dont think it will take away from the night. JMO

AK

Fellas....he couldn't open any earlier, he had another event scheduled. They had contol of the fairgrounds til 4 or 5. (what we were told on the phone) I think if he is making all of us wait til Friday to make plans on Sunday, he should do the same! Don't book the fairgrounds to others on Sunday when we might have to race. Wonder what will happen when the midgets are scheduled for Sunday and we rain out on Friday???

Mike

From a fan in the stands...

I do not think I have been to BC and seen better races at that track than that ones last night. 107 cars (WOW), the track was in AWESOME shape, even for a time when there was not rain around to tear up the track. Great job to the track prep crew, you guys found it last night!!!! There was a huge crowd, guess everyone is really jonesin' for some racin'. That was definately worth the price of admission last night.

I have a couple of suggestions that may save time and still allow for the entire show to be completed:

1. Don't weigh all the cars after the features; pick an arbitrary # of cars each night to weigh to keep the drivers guessing and then wave the rest straight to the outer pits.

2. Don't let any other cars on the infield but the ones that are pitted there before there actual race; stage them in the outer pit area. Last night for the features there where 10-12 extra cars that came out before the LM feature, this causes a lot of congestion in the infield especially after each race when you have cars going in 4 different directions.

Just food for thought.

1. To save time during the dashes how about bringing the cars to the infield one race early and do the pill draw for starting spots. I think we would save at least ten minutes if everyone knew where they were going to line up before driving onto the track.

2. Lets get the drivers meeting started either earlier or on time and address why the Late Models take so long after drivers meeting to hit the track. With this many cars to hot lap were starting later than scheduled every week.

JMO - BIG DADDY

Great suggestions everyone

Hey I agree great suggestions. I know Donnie tends to read these threads and I am glad he is part of this forum. As we all are suggesting this is a great format and all enjoy the racing and the track prep work. This is not to be about bashing at all just ideas on how to make the night work better, faster and keep the problems to a mininum.

Mike the fair grounds I agree are booked til 4-5 but the track isn't and almost all of the pit area is open. We are talking about racing at 5:00 pit gates open at 3:00 and whoever said that the problem with the trailers lining up on the road (state Hiway 13) is a very big problem. We all love the bullring the racing has been awesome so far this year and I for one don't want to see it placed in jeopardy.

Al Boyce

we have been lobbying for an earlier start since the get go! i think last nite will bring that to a reality! we appreciate all your interest, there is merit and flaws with all the ideas. bottom line is we need more time! noone hated postponing the last race more than me! we got in 25 out of 26 but that will never be good enough! it will also put more pressure on the next nite. trust me the right changes will be made!

I think 4 or 5 would be better. I'm a wuss and going to the races on a Sunday night makes it a late night for me and a long and tired week. I think starting an hour or two earlier would either help with ending it ealier or at least be able to get in the whole show. The pure stocks always seem to get the shaft on a Sunday because there's just not enough time.

Back