The Favoritism showed tonight at Pevely

ac04

I know herre we go again about the topic but anyone that says favoritism isn't real at Pevely is whacked. Most of time the favortism is shown during mods and late model races but tonight it showed up in the street stocks. In the 1st or 2nd heat Ricky Horton and Dave Bardin got together and Ricky ends up in the wall. Caution is waved. Horton waits for Bardin and then blasts him. Horton is black flagged. Horton then flips off the official. First it is said Horton is kicked out for the night. For some reason Dennis and Allied decided to change there mind. Hows that? Wasn't it just last year Darren Holland did the same thing after a feature to of all people Ricky Horton? Wasn't it just last year Rusty Griffaw disrespected officials? The end result Holland gets a $100 fine and suspended for one night. Griffaw is suspended for a year. Tonnight Ricky is not only not suspended or fined he probably wins the extra $200 to $300 for hard charger. Favortism or not, you make the call. Not done just yet same class same problem. Anyone see Belken spin out Prince? The officials didn't. Worse yet when the cars were getting lined back up Belken even told the official in corner 4 that he spun Prince and that Prince should get his spot back and the he should go to the back. Belken even argued his point. The end result Prince goes to the back and Belken gets Princes spot. An official no names mentioned said Dennis and the official in corner 4 said Prince spun himself out. Tell the 70-80 booing fans on the front stretch that who did see it. Belken felt bad because he knew he created the problem but how do you not take what the officials give you even though you tell the truth to what happen? It still creates the question favoritism or not? Bottom line is the officials have a hard job no doubt but they create chaos when that stuff happens. Drivers and crews have fought for lesser things than the two things Ive talked about. I cant tell you how many drivers and fans were talking about the Horton incident. And with Belken how many times do you see a driver offer the truth? Belken messed up but the officials look like fools on that one. And they wonder why fans and drivers say they show favoritism. Umm perfect examples. Maybe the officials need to have a new slogan to rid themselves of favortism and contreversys Dont start none wont be none. They are supposed to lead by example. Not tonight!

Take Care of the WHOLE problem get rid of ALLIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That group stinks anyway!!!!!! I55 needs to wake up and smell the coffee but that will NEVER happen as long as Klein is in charge.

I was one of the 70-80 in the front stands that saw the Belken hit on Prince and could not understand why the flagman couldnt see it he was right there , It seemed to P O 'ed the Lowery boys too

Yeah, wildman, Allied stinks. In fact, they're so bad they get some of the BEST CAR COUNTS and run one of the FASTEST PROGRAMS in the area. :rolleyes:

should have known BP would back ALLIED!! then why dont you go to Belleville instead of Godfrey if you like ALLIED so much BP

Well, let's see wildman,(1) gas is $1.80-$2.00 / gallon lately; and (2) Godfrey is a 7 mile drive for me while Belle-Clair is closer to 40. But sad to say if I leave immediately after the LM main at Belleville I often get home while Godfrey is STILL RUNNING. (even at 7 miles, one can hear the cars quite clearly, which might explain why the neighbors b--ch about Godfrey running until 11 or 11:30, but that's another issue.)

Lets all go build a perfect track that is run by robots so we have nothing to complain about as far as officials.

No Hard Charger!!!

Mr. or Mrs. ac04, Ricky Horton did not end up w/ the extra money for the hard charger! And yes, in my opinion I-55 should give Allied the boot! But, I-55 has the fastest show in town and Allied are the ones who run the show, so they have to be doin alright to keep the car counts up! If people aren't satisfied then they should go race else where! Oh well, the racing was exciting and it was a full house and all in all it was a good show!

According to the official results Horton did win the Hard Charger. And as far as robots statement sure officials like drivers like fans make mistakes. But I would bet if you ask most drivers and fans people go because of what Marler and Schrader have done with the track not because of the great job Allied does. You cant have double standard rules. Maybe it was the full moon?

Show me a track ANYWHERE that does not show favoritism.I don't think that you can.Every track that you go to has their favorites.Allied is no exception.But, it is still one of the best shows going.

Before you guy and gals cast your judgement maybe you need to try to be an official, I was an official and it is not easy. The track last night was very fast, and just a little rough, and when these cars are running wide open you don't have to lift out of the gas much, or get out of shape to get hit from the car behind. your reaction time is measured in micro seconds. Normally, it's two people who actually knows what really happened, the two drivers. Just a few words for thought!!!

Totally agree Mountainman. I just dont get how the rules vary. Last year Holland rams Horton after a race and he gets suspended and fined. This year during a caution Horton rams Bardin and flips the officials off and he they look the other way. In the Belken incident yes the officials may missed it. But when Paul tells them what happened and they still look the other way it makes you wonder. Is Pevely the best show going yes no doubt but it does not mean some things could make it just a little better.

Mountainman said:
. Normally, it's two people who actually knows what really happened, the two drivers.
....and when you get close, wild and woolly racing, sometimes those two drivers aren't even sure what the heck happened! ;)

You guys that complain about why Horton was not kicked out needs to look on his car. It says G&M STEEL who is one of the big sponsors of the track. I know other drivers that bump on the track under green yes maybe on purpose but that driver was blacked flagged for the rest of the night. But he did not have G&M STEEL on the side of his car

Back