The Rock Opening????????????????

dblzero

oilfield trash
If all the rumors about the rock not opening are not true than why are they hauling everything away from the track? Why is the VFW putting the track up for sale? I have heard from several people that they are trying to sell it back to the mines, or possible to the Doe Run company. It just seems kinda stange that all you hear is how the track is going to open by march 24th but nothing has been done over at the track. seems to me that if it was going to open there should be all kinds of people over there working, i for one would spend all my free time trying to help get the track back into good shape as would a lot of other people that i have talked to but nobody knows what is going on.

"Why is the VFW putting the track up for sale?"

Really? What are they asking for it? I've always kinda wanted my own race track.

Someone Please Explain?

:confused: :( :eek: :mad: :eek: Here goes my mouth but I'm really aggravated with this whole thing on "Rock". Help me understand these "Whys" on situation on tracks situation #1- Why have track meeting - #2 Why start new web site - #3 Why post rules #4- Why post classes #5- Why try to post pay-outs # 6- Why ask for pictures #7- Why discuss tires- #8- Why volunteers # 9- Why wasn't this kept to self if not a done deal # 10-Why set a date to re-open? Main thing is "Why" upset "Racers and "Fans" if this was not a DONE DEAL???!!! Curious minds would like to know about situation with the track. If we all didn't care we wouldn't be complaining or offer our services to help get things rolling in anyway to help with the re-opening of the track. Is their any logical explanation of this. Please help me understand this situation. I'll be waiting for an explanation if their is one. Thank you for taking the time to read my thread.:confused: :( :eek: :mad: :eek:

Remember This!

Even though all the "i's" have not been dotted and all the "t's" have not yet been crossed, preparations for the 2006 racing season at the Fredericktown Raceway is now underway!!! We are setting up meeting dates for the Modifieds (IMCA style), Pure Streets, RAMS Mini Stocks and Dwarf cars at the present time. As you might imagine there are a ton of details to work out and to get lined out, but we wanted everyone to start preparing to spend their Friday nights with us this summer at the Fredericktown Raceway!! As soon as I get more details on everything I will pass them along.....

That was what I posted on Dec. 20, 2005. That is the EXACT same thing I've told you since. Even though some of the legalities have changed, the basic information remains the same as this original post and what I told you during the meeting. There's no use to me getting on here and saying the same thing over, and over and over again until I've got final word. Every time I say something I get jumped on for information I DON'T HAVE! I swear, as soon as it's final I'll tell you. Denny still has until Feb. 4th from what I know to finish getting his stuff out. That's all I know..

Oops!

:rolleyes: Millsey******I'm not jumping on your case or anyone else's just asked the "WHY" questions :confused: ! I'm sorry if voicing my opinion and asking "Why" questions has stirred everyone up :eek: but thought they were substantial and ligament to receive some kind of feedback :( . The post I made was written without malice and I was just malcontent (dissatisfied) person :( . I appreciate every one that has contributed their time,money and stress into the re-opening of track. Know that this hasn't been a easy task to take on and get it off the ground. I wish you all the very best in completing the task at hand:) . With that I'll close with a heavy heart for with this post I'm pretty sure it's my last one! Present time I feel that with this project their was a lack of communications and maybe too much on how things were handled or not handled to get this going. At present time I remain to be dissatisfied with lack of answers and preparation on situation :( . :) For ALL " Racers and Fans" I wish you nothing but good luck and happiness :D . God Bless each and everyone of you in the days and years to come :D . :) Sincerely Chevy-Woman and Chevy-Man :)

Chevy-Woman said:
:rolleyes: Millsey******I'm not jumping on your case or anyone else's just asked the "WHY" questions :confused: ! I'm sorry if voicing my opinion and asking "Why" questions has stirred everyone up :eek: but thought they were substantial and ligament to receive some kind of feedback :( . The post I made was written without malice and I was just malcontent (dissatisfied) person :( . I appreciate every one that has contributed their time,money and stress into the re-opening of track. Know that this hasn't been a easy task to take on and get it off the ground. I wish you all the very best in completing the task at hand:) . With that I'll close with a heavy heart for with this post I'm pretty sure it's my last one! Present time I feel that with this project their was a lack of communications and maybe too much on how things were handled or not handled to get this going. At present time I remain to be dissatisfied with lack of answers and preparation on situation :( . :) For ALL " Racers and Fans" I wish you nothing but good luck and happiness :D . God Bless each and everyone of you in the days and years to come :D . :) Sincerely Chevy-Woman and Chevy-Man :)
Don't you even think about disappearing on us! One of the reasons we've been busting our butts on this project is for people just like you who love going to Fredericktown to watch the races. I know there was no malice when you wrote what you did. Your note was just one of many asking the exact same question, and once again I cannot tell you what I don't know. We are still waiting on paperwork and final approval of the paperwork. That's all I can say because that's all there is. I can speculate but all that will do is create more misunderstandings, so I'm not going to do that. Chevy-Woman you have been one of my favorite posters from day one. Don't get flustered and leave over nothing. Believe me, Terry, Curley and I are flustered enough for everyone.... LOL..

I'm still here and I still believe!! Heck, even if we don't know whether we're racing until the night before opening night, I'll be there!!!!

Don't give up, guys, I know it's hard and people like to try to plan, but sometimes the best things in life are worth waiting for (I've learned that in the last 2 years!).

Dallas

The man on the grassy knoll, knows about the rock, we will talk to him, O K millsey. Maybe a little humor might help. Peace

" . . . I know it's hard and people like to try to plan . . "

I sympathcize with all involved. For those trying to get the track opened, you have to make a plan and pursue it as though everything will work out just fine. If you don't, at the last minute things might work out contractually, and nothing else will be in place. I know, its tough (and very frustrating) to keep going in the face of adversity, but if you don't nothing will get accomplished.

As for the drivers and fans, well I guess we all just want to know where we'll be spending our Friday nights. But, I gotta agree with racewidow, who said, " . . . sometimes the best things in life are worth waiting for."

Finally, I'm serious, if someone needs to buy the track just to keep it running, I would be interested in knowing what the asking price is. Aside from some liability and ecological issues that would need to be addressed with the legal eagles, I might be interested if the price is right. And, if its too much, maybe some of us can go partners.

axe One Thing About It It Would Be A Hellva Tax Deduction!!!

I Have Seen The "hayday" Of The Rock And I Have Seen The "lowday" At The Rock And The Damn Thing Still Drew A Crowd, On The Lowday!!!

I Went By The Track A Couple Weeks Ago Just To See What It Looks Like And What Was Taken And What Was Still There. Here Is What I Seen:

Noooooooooooo Metal Bleachers.....<only Concrete Ones With Wobbley Boards>
Guard Rails Yanked Out And Threw Out On The Track......
The Old Push Buggies Piled Out In The Parkin Lot With The Old Water Truck. <my Tiger Tail 2" Hose Was Still On The Truck>:)
Electric Lines Cut From The Pole To "millsey's Office" ....

Bigggggggggggg Ruts Which Always Was At The Rock, On The Track.

But, When I Climbed The Gate And Walked Up I Was "home".....
:)

Personally I Am Not "givin Up On The "rock Risin"......."REMEMBER: WE GOT TO GET THE "T'S CROSSED AND THE "I'S" DOTTED ....ITS JUST LIKE LEASING A "BUSINESS" AND YOU JUST DON'T DO THAT OVERNITE....................................

IF NOT THERE ON THAT "SPOT" SOMEWHERE IN THE AREA ......UGH?????

MY TOTAL PERCEPTION IS: "STAND BEHIND TERRY AND CURLEY AND CHEW ON MILLSEYS AZZ" WE WILL HAVE A "ROCK" IF WE STAND BEHIND EM AND GIVE OUR TOTAL SUPPORT!!!!!! I KNOW I AM IN THE "LINE" ...........

the only paperwork that'll be getting done is if someone buys it. a very very reliable sorce told me that the track is up for sale. i went buy the track the other day and the only way its going to be open my march 24 is if they work 7 days a week and even then they are going to be pushed for time. i would love to see it open, but all signs are pointing to no way in heck.

Millsey said:
That was what I posted on Dec. 20, 2005. That is the EXACT same thing I've told you since. Even though some of the legalities have changed, the basic information remains the same as this original post and what I told you during the meeting. There's no use to me getting on here and saying the same thing over, and over and over again until I've got final word. Every time I say something I get jumped on for information I DON'T HAVE! I swear, as soon as it's final I'll tell you. Denny still has until Feb. 4th from what I know to finish getting his stuff out. That's all I know..

FINGERS CROSSED AND READY TO DOT "EYES".....:D

JUST KEEP HAVIN TA FAITH AND NEVER UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE "ROCK" ...................

racewidow said:
I'm still here and I still believe!! Heck, even if we don't know whether we're racing until the night before opening night, I'll be there!!!!

Don't give up, guys, I know it's hard and people like to try to plan, but sometimes the best things in life are worth waiting for (I've learned that in the last 2 years!).

LAFFIN ...........THEY CAN CALL ME @ 7PM AND TELL ME G/F AND I WILL BE THERE WITH MY "DALE JR #8" GLOVES, SWEATSHIRT / JACKET AND RACIN BLANKEE IN HAND TO WATCH/VIDEO TA HEAT RACES!!!!:)

To all the pessimists!

Well they are right the track is going to be for sale, but National Lead has the right to buy it back for the sum, of $1. The same price it was sold to the VFW back in the 50's. Its in the deed that they have the right to first shot at buying it back. National Lead no longer exists, as itself, but is now more of a conglomerate of several companies. They have sold nearly all their land in this area to The Doe Run Co. So they have no vested interest in +or- 3 acres, in an area that they cant sink a shaft. If they decide to opt out of buying it back, (which they should), then the track can legally be sold. This is commomn knowledge to some in Fredericktown. I for one have talked to the VFW post commander since the no vote to lease the track. He told me what there intentions were at that point. It was to sell if possible, and get out from under the responsibility of the track.

Why you ask??? DENNY KEITH!!! How about his being in default on the last 2 years lease. How about the law suit caused by him dumping a very small amount of dirt onto the nieghbors fenceline. Were you aware that it cost the members of the VFW nearly $15,000 in lawyer fees, and they had to go give depositions in different counties, due to the law suit..Taking time away from their jobs, and families.This was ongoing for a year or 2. If it was costing me money instead of making money, I would sell too. Can you blame them?? As for the future of the track.. Rumor has it that it will be bought locally, if National Lead signs off on the deed. Will it open??? Most certainly.. For sure??? You dont even have a tomorrow for sure!!! So be an optimist! Hope!! Quit whining... Trust for a change..... Now that some of you know more of the story, can you change anything?? Not likely!!! Yes we may or may not be a little late opening, or we may be right on time!!! We will know that on March24th...

Thanks for the info little302. Little302's grandpa (who was also my uncle) and my dad were both members of the VFW when the track was built. Matter of fact, they were both Post Commanders at various times, IIRC. Heck, my dad even worked at National Lead. At one time I knew most of the members who helped build the track - heck, I was probably related to most of them. But there aren't many of them left now. I can understand how the current membership may not feel the same sense of connection to the track, and I certainly understand how the whole situation little302 describes would sour them on maintaining ownership.

I sincerely hope everything can be worked out. Sounds like a local buyer may already have dibs on it, but if not . . . well, I'd still be interested in what the asking price is. I'd even offer more than $1. LOL

As I've mentioned before, my dad and mom and my uncle worked at the track in the early years and I have very fond memories of the place as a kid. I really hope everything can be worked out and the racing resumed.

Bvt

BVT said:
axe One Thing About It It Would Be A Hellva Tax Deduction!!!

I Have Seen The "hayday" Of The Rock And I Have Seen The "lowday" At The Rock And The Damn Thing Still Drew A Crowd, On The Lowday!!!

I Went By The Track A Couple Weeks Ago Just To See What It Looks Like And What Was Taken And What Was Still There. Here Is What I Seen:

Noooooooooooo Metal Bleachers.....<only Concrete Ones With Wobbley Boards>
Guard Rails Yanked Out And Threw Out On The Track......
The Old Push Buggies Piled Out In The Parkin Lot With The Old Water Truck. <my Tiger Tail 2" Hose Was Still On The Truck>:)
Electric Lines Cut From The Pole To "millsey's Office" ....

Bigggggggggggg Ruts Which Always Was At The Rock, On The Track.

But, When I Climbed The Gate And Walked Up I Was "home".....
:)

Personally I Am Not "givin Up On The "rock Risin"......."REMEMBER: WE GOT TO GET THE "T'S CROSSED AND THE "I'S" DOTTED ....ITS JUST LIKE LEASING A "BUSINESS" AND YOU JUST DON'T DO THAT OVERNITE....................................

IF NOT THERE ON THAT "SPOT" SOMEWHERE IN THE AREA ......UGH?????

MY TOTAL PERCEPTION IS: "STAND BEHIND TERRY AND CURLEY AND CHEW ON MILLSEYS AZZ" WE WILL HAVE A "ROCK" IF WE STAND BEHIND EM AND GIVE OUR TOTAL SUPPORT!!!!!! I KNOW I AM IN THE "LINE" ...........
Good to hear something positive!!!

Back