The Roundup

StarRacer

I Run My Own Race
Is anybody doing the roundup? I think my mom, dad, and brother are. I havent decided yet. But does anybody know if they are going or not?

-Star

talked to some saturday night and they said they werent going. i think it a big mistake to be starting so early on a week night. most people would have to take off work to go

talked to some saturday night and they said they werent going. i think it a big mistake to be starting so early on a week night. most people would have to take off work to go

Ditto that. Especially two nights in a row. That's just a lot of time to give up, especially to have to take off work early. And it ain't exactly cheap either. So the Trey L. #36 won't be there and is actually already in pieces getting ready for next year.

Now, please don't hear that as complaining or anything like that. The Roundup should be great and I hope to go watch at least one night. I'm just saying that for me personally, b/c the racing is truly just a hobby and b/c I race in a class that doesn't exactly pay well, the Roundup is not a good fit.

I will be there in the 86 Toyota.

I was talking to Ray M. yesturday and it isn't that bad for the Pro-4 class.
Since there will only be one way traffic through the pits. If you are pitted out by the barn you will enter the drag strip by the Go-kart track and follow the strip down towards the pit shack and then up around to the track. When you leave the track you will drive off the track in the normal place and then drive out to the outer pits (only one way traffic).

There is no reason to pay for pit parking because you will drive your car past the free pits to get to the one way road to the track.

If you need or want to have a pit vehicle make sure it has lights and you have a valid drivers license. You can purchase these ($25) when you arrive at the track or via the phone with a credit card or send in a check with the permit form. No one can ride unless they are 18 or have a minor release form.

The cost break down for a pro-4
Entry- $20
Pit pass - $30 a day ($60) or if you plan on going all week to watch, 4 day pass for $80
Pit vehicle- $25

You are looking at $80-$100 entry without a pit vehicle and $105-$125 with. Below is the Pro-4 payout. If you finish in the top 16 you make you money back. Thats pretty good if you ask me.

Here is the link to the web site you can print off all the form you will need.
http://www.umpdirtcarroundup.com/

Good luck to everyone and hopefully we get a good car count.

Jason Crump

UMP 4 Cylinder Payout
Friday

Feature

1 $500
2 $400
3 $350
4 $300
5 $250
6 $200
7 $190
8 $180
9 $170
10 $160
11 $150
12 $140
13 $130
14 $120
15 $110
16 $100
17 $95
18 $80
19 $85
20 $75
21 $75
22 $75
23 $75

Crump I have to agree with you it is not that bad. If you analitically break it down it's not bad- not bad at all. I am surprised though people wanted a Big Show and have begged Ray to run one for years and then everyone runs under the covers when it happens. We knew it was coming - personally I have saving my pennies for this race for months- I live in Arnold and we have purchased a camp spot and plan on staying a few nights and having a good time- Heck if just the 3 of us went out to eat those 3 nights it is at least 40-50 each night so we will bbq and eat chilli and party :) Actually my 12 year old wants to stay the weekend so we amused her. She never ever gets to go to the Nascar Races with us where we spend 300.00 dollars for a 3 day camp spot Or the 90 .00 and up for Sundays ticket for Nascar plus 70.00 for Saturday and about 20.00 for Friday. So this gigg is looking pretty sweet to us who would much rather be dirt track racing any day for 3 days at a much cheaper cost... Can't wait and hope to see some good racing each night !!!!!!

Crump I have to agree with you it is not that bad. If you analitically break it down it's not bad- not bad at all. I am surprised though people wanted a Big Show and have begged Ray to run one for years and then everyone runs under the covers when it happens. We knew it was coming - personally I have saving my pennies for this race for months- I live in Arnold and we have purchased a camp spot and plan on staying a few nights and having a good time- Heck if just the 3 of us went out to eat those 3 nights it is at least 40-50 each night so we will bbq and eat chilli and party :) Actually my 12 year old wants to stay the weekend so we amused her. She never ever gets to go to the Nascar Races with us where we spend 300.00 dollars for a 3 day camp spot Or the 90 .00 and up for Sundays ticket for Nascar plus 70.00 for Saturday and about 20.00 for Friday. So this gigg is looking pretty sweet to us who would much rather be dirt track racing any day for 3 days at a much cheaper cost... Can't wait and hope to see some good racing each night !!!!!!

P.S. Start saving your change for next year ;)

I'm in complete agreement with you guys that the Roundup is a very cool deal. Just for me personally, the main thing is the starting times--there is just no way I could make it, especially two days in a row, without taking vacation days, which I can't do for this.

And, the prices are not bad, especially for classes that pay more or for pro-4s who will make it into the A-main--it's just that I don't have any realistic hope of making the A-main, so I would be collecting pocket change in the C-main instead :(.

Hey star, i heard chargin chuck wasn't going because he didn't want to get beat by a girl twice in one year. He said the car was only running on 2-cylinders, good thing huh.

Anyone need a car for the round up?I have a 1991 Pontiac GrandAm single cam,5 speed manual.Ran 8th(99X) at the Fall Nationals past week,first time on track.$1250.00 Ready to race at I55.Thanks for Looking!

Gary- the roundup is during my fall break :) And im pretty sure im going to run it.

Jimmy- where the hell were you saturday nite??:p

Hey star, i wanted to see if little brother could race without me there, well he finished behind you so i guess that answers that question. Lol. Just kidding, i was busy, had a date with a hot 25 year old model.

We're going!

Yep!!! Gerald, Me (Jackie), Jake....and yes...Star will be there! Heck, it's only money, and you can't take it with you...so what the heck...we spend it on the kids any ways! Plus it's just another reason for Star to come home from college and be with us! (Don't tell her I actually miss her & look forward to seeing her...for any reason). I'm excited... I may not have a shot in the dark at winning anything. But with it being the last race of the season...I wouldn't miss it for anything! And as long as I manage to keep ALL 4 wheels in the dirt, and not in the air...I'll be happy!;)

Can't wait to see you all there!:D

Ok i guess you made the decision for me mother. lol. I was coming home anyway to watch. 4 days of dirt track heaven :)

Jimmy- in your dreams man :D Definately in your dreams hahaha

Hey Star!!! (and other pro-4 drivers)

Yes, I guess I did make the decision for you...sorry! :p(not) In fact I just got back from seeing Ray and paying the registration fees for all of us....so you better get home an race!!!!!! Looks like we have a small favor to do for Ray...he wants us there on Tuesday if possible. (I'll explain later) It would help to know what day you're gonna be home though!

ps. Dad said you wanted to go all 4 days??? I think we're only doing 3...not sure about Jake. Call me when you know for sure!

So far Ray said the pro-4's he knows are coming are us, Jason C. and one other... sure hope more show up!

CALLING ALL PRO-4'S.... Take a vacation day (or 2)... this is one of our last shots at racing for almost the next 6 months!!!! :D

Momma Jackie,

Since you cant take the money with ya, and you spend yours on the kids..........

Well, i'm young enough to be Geralds kid, so how about a 4 day pass for me on the old man. :confused:

You cant take it with ya right??????

Well Gary...I would consider it...but that would mean that you would have to come over here on race day and do what our kids do for me...that's get my car loaded up, haul it down...do all the menial labor. (the junk I don't wanna do) And then listen to me be crabby cause things didn't get done the way I wanted it! LOL You know all the typical Mama things.... Still interested???:p

The #14 Dodge neon will most likely be there again with Chris Fisher as the pilot. We just want to thank Brad Smith for allowing us at Shocker Race Cars to do the work to his car over the past few weeks and allowing us to race it. Also want to thank Lucas Smith Dodge, Allout Graphics, and Kennedy Tire for making this happen. Thanks. Hope we get the checkers this time.

Attachments

• 14done.jpg
    14done.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 131

Back