to be a RAMS or not to be

pwracing

Thats the question. One thing is for sure, if you don't give them some money, you are not going to be able to post on their forum! I find that rather offensive. But then maybe I am one of the people they want to shut up! I actually took the time to go to their meeting and see what was going to happen. I joined in on the conversation and added whatever I could on the technical side of things when asked to do so. They all seemed like a great bunch of people. I did so because I have been very vocal on many subjects on their forum. I do this only because I have an interest in such matters when I am approached to build motors for certain classes such as the RAMS. I never intend to join such organizations simply because I at present, do not own or enjoy any proceeds from such classes. I only benefit from the sale of the motor. I know this sounds a little selfish but I am simply telling the truth. To the people of DRR, these people voted to basically open up the rules some more. If this is your desire, then I suggest you go along with them. If you are not wanting to spend more money, then I suggest you make it to your rules meeting for Doe Run and vote against the RAMS. It looks like I intend to go how DRR decides to because it will probably be cheaper and alot closer to home should the ROCK not open. If I had known censorship was a big part of the RAMS, I would not have wasted my time and my fuel!

PWRACING: your not alone!

I'm a current paid member until the end of 2005 and I can't post on the RAMS forum either. I wanted to update my truck for sale and it said I was unarthorized to use the RAMS forum. Sounds like a a Dictatorship to me.
Marty Boyer

Now that really gets me steamed. I mean, maybe I shouldn't be able to post not being a member, but you are till the end of the year and not able to, thats not even right! Not to mention that you cared enough about everything to show up and be at the meeting and get repaid like this. I got a strange feeling that the people they really want to shut up will still be posting on there. With the possible exception of myself!

well what I understand is that only the prez and vice prez sectury and treasure will only be able to post .. if so this not the rams I joined 3 years ago it was everyone welcomed... and pwracing there is a diffence of voicing opinion (which you do) and just stirring the pot to pee poeple off.... they should have just added a sub forum for "elected officals only" just my 2 cents:p

Speaking of two cents worth, I see you didn't bother to spend yours and show up for the meeting! I don't blame you, at this point I am wondering why I did!

Board members...

If that's the case, the ONLY people who will be allowed to post on the RAMS forum are:

President - John Barr "Trashdog"

Vice-President - Butch Hartman "hartman343"

Secretary/Treasurer - Christy Barr (Trashdog's new wife)

From what was sorda discussed yesterday, the RAMS forum will now be used for informational purposes only. I believe if you want something "informative" posted on the forum, you must contact Trashdog or Butch (via pm or phone). That was just some of the talk going on between Trashdog and Butch and a few members who weren't tuned out yet that late in the meeting. The RAMS forum is a tough area for the association. You have people who don't know when to quit and those people who come on with fake names. I told Trashdog it's a lose/lose situation.

I too am still a RAMS member until the end of the year and i find it appauling that I cant even post on the RAMS board ( assuming i too cant post ) !!! I agree there is some "posters " that is just stirring the pot but it is unfair to all the rest that enjoy the jokes, wishing people a Happy Birthday or just chit chat threads. From what i was told about the meeting yesterday i dont see the RAMS moving in the best direction for the " Low budget class " WHICH in fact was the reason the RAMS was organized :confused: Good luck to all involved in the RAMS in 2006, it will be interesting to see how the membership total will be. I say ALL will be from up North ???????????? LD

And another thing... i do NOT think it will be fair to the DRR people to allow the RAMS stuff brought to their forum so that Bobby has to " baby-sit " or moniter it !!!!!! JMO

i agree that if it's a problem issue with the RAMS we should keep it off the DRR forum and put it on the 4 cyl forum after this.

I'm just looking forward to the DRR rules meeting.

to the moderator can you move this to the 4cycle forum Pwracing I'll post a responce there everybody else lets move this discussion to the 4cyc forum and not bother doe run ....

Moving it don't bother me, but I put it here for a reason. That being ths is what you have to put up with if you are going to choose the RAMS rules for DRR.

MinistockMike said:
What did they approve to open it up more?

Only RAMS members posting on that forumn is really funny.

Not "Only RAMS Members" but "Only RAMS OFFICERS"

I understand why you put it on here PW .

MinistockMike said:
Sorry boss man.

But you still didn't answer my question.

I'd have to go find my notes....my head hurt so bad by time i left there i didn't know what the meeting was about..:D

Aftermarket rods.....$500 teardown!!....off the top of my head...any motor in any vehicle was voted down...

I'd have to say that one of the biggest jokes of the meeting was the decision to raise the cost of a complete teardown to $500. At that price, only those with the deep pockets to build the cheater motors will be able to afford to tear anybody down. So that pretty much opens the door to cheat all you want, nobody's gonna tear ya down. I think it's pretty safe to say that after my membership runs out at the end of December, I'm done with the RAMS. And I have a feeling that I'm not going to be alone.

Wheel21 said:
Aftermarket rods.....$500 teardown!!....off the top of my head...any motor in any vehicle was voted down...
Help me out here Bill........ any motor in any vehichle was voted down! Wow I could run with them guys:D :D :D :D :D

COBRAII said:
Help me out here Bill........ any motor in any vehichle was voted down! Wow I could run with them guys:D :D :D :D :D

They weren't supposed to post the rules for you to see Jon. Oh Oh your in trouble Bill and Mark.;)

rules

the only thing that changed on the motor rules is what all the chevy guys wanted. aftermarket stock length rods witch will help your motors last longer. 500 mite be alittle much, but we all voted. can't wait for the doe run meeting. see ya all there.;)

Back