Tri-City Speedway hires Dave Waldon as track announcer!

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Tri-City Speedway has hired Dave Waldon to work along side George Depper as track announcers.

Dave Waldon is also the track announcer at Jacksonville Raceway in Jacksonville, IL.

I Thought Doug Did A Good Job Also. Hate To See Him Go. He Knows Just About Every Driver In The Area And Pronounces Names Well!

Interesting, I’m sure Dave will do a good job but, in my opinion Doug was one of the few things in the program at TCS that did NOT need to change.

If you've not heard Dave you'll like him.. Extremely knowledgable, great voice and full of BS.... He use to be the announcer at Farmington years ago.....

If you haven't heard Doug, he's fantastic. Extremely knowledgable, great voice, excellent at post race interviews. He announced at Godfrey, Tri City, and Bond county over the last few years.

A couple of the tracks in the area are doing some personnel changes, some for the better and some for the worse. The only way to think of it is that one tracks lost might be another tracks gain……..

Plus, maybe Doug had a say so in this. Maybe working Sundays just would not work out for him. Only him and Kevin know what happened.

SPD RCR said:
A couple of the tracks in the area are doing some personnel changes, some for the better and some for the worse. The only way to think of it is that one tracks lost might be another tracks gain……..

Plus, maybe Doug had a say so in this. Maybe working Sundays just would not work out for him. Only him and Kevin know what happened.

Good point SPD RCR and sometimes with a new image you want a fresh/new voice.

curious is doug still working godfrey this year ??? going to miss doug at granite doug knows many thing about many drivers and he has knowledge of past champs and drivers heck when my dad didn't race for a few years and then got back into it first night he was telling some things about dads racing career i done forgot and that means alot to fans, family,drivers and crew. the night dad rolled down the front stretch at godfrey afterwards doug asked dad about the chassis if it was a motley chassis not to many evenremember denny let alone remember dad still having two of them you do a great job doug hope you are still at godfrey

Dave Waldon does do a great job and if you'll just give him a chance you will see he is very good at what he does. I'm sure some didn't like Glenn Jacoby at first but man was he an awesome announcer. Those with unique sounds grow on you. Tri City will be a great place to attend a race on Sunday nights and there will be many changes that will take place and we should all just see how they work. Good luck Dave and welcome to Tri City Speedway.

RacerRod

hey doug

i know you have to be reading this so what is your side . alot of us would like to know what you are doing and where you are going.

really hate to see Doug go,hope he had some say in the matter and not just caned,,Lets talk about a real deal, get rid of Hoot as a flag man, I have watched him flag for years and he is getting worse, he is going to get someone hurt one day cuz he cant see, he has even made the comment that his eyes are gettin worse,,I know a good flag man win I see one and he isnt it..Johnny Johnson DID a good job,alot of people did not like him but he was a good flag man, Johnny did tooo much up and down the ladder to line up cars after a yellow, that isnt a flagmans job, Hoot never did this just leave Johnny in the crows nest and let someone on the track line them up,, and just let him flag...jmo,,,

Back