Tri City Speedway rumors addressed

Doug

Announcer
In an effort to put an end to some of the speculation currently flying around, may I please ask those interested in Tri City's 2004 weekly race program to CLICK HERE. Thank you.

So i guess..if you run a full frame car in the sportman..you can shove the motor back alot more than a stub car..hmm?

re;the white #1 car

the white #1 car that ran 6th in the steel block class the last race night at TCS,,is now legeal for the sportsman class with a carb,tranny change;;;this car was fast at brownstown also,,,,,$$$$ talks,,,,618 654 5122

Yeah that is dumb that they get rid of the fastest class there.just because all tracks had a bad year on car counts.there needs to be alot of work done there before they ever get any cars and it all has to start with the nascar crap.

what class is that? if your talkin about the minisprints, there wasnt enuff of them to put on a show by mid season. at least it was a little interesting when they took the wings off.

the last race of the season they had 16 of them there and plus it didn't look like there where many stock cars over in the other side of the pit area.

It might bring in some cars from other tracks, but sounds like it will either cost the current teams a lot more money to change over or they will need to take their cars somewhere else race. Frequent changes to the rules are part of the reason teams do not want to commit to Tri-City. Why not just open the rules up to anything with 4 tires for the late models? The modifieds can be anything without front fenders and 4 tires.

What i said..was a question..since you put the rules for engine location..for a stub car..and failed to put the rule for a full frame car..i just assumed a full frame car you can move the engine..if i am wrong..so be it. We will find out this weekend the answer to that one.

Doug, I think this is going to do alot for your program. Good job getting these out early so races teams can plan ahead of time!

lol

Originally posted by 34 gfmf
the last race of the season they had 16 of them there and plus it didn't look like there where many stock cars over in the other side of the pit area.

Ok....dont even look at the last night of racing because that was nascar rules,wich wont be in place next year......look at the show for octoberfest.....thats pretty close to some of the new rules and there were 50 mods there.....26 bombers,with many that coulda showed but didnt.....the minis were ok....but for the most part she was right,the carcount dropped real quick in the class,and for the most part....and this is my opinion...were not all that exciting to watch race!

I personally know of alot of guys that had left the past few years building cars as i sit here for the 04 season at tcs.....and i know of alot of guys that have said they are willing to give it another year and see if the changes being made will create better racing and i know for a fact the carcount.....WILL go up this year!

This would all be a good thing, if the latemodels were going to be on 55s or lm40s only and running on the big track. It is all a step in the right direction though.

because that was nascar rules,wich wont be in place next year

OK Dale, gotta call you out on that one. The rules are set by the track, not Nascar. They might provide some basic guidelines, but the car rules were Tri-City's. One of the regional champions at the banquet drove a full blown late model, just like the Xtreme cars.
The rules have changed but it has nothing to do with Nascar. And last I heard, don't be kickin' them out the door so fast.......they haven't gave up their sanction yet.

And just so ya know, I'm not for or against the Nascar series. But don't be blaming them for the rules............

I AGREE THIS IS A GOOD MOVE FOR TCS. LIKE I'VE SAID BEFORE, GETTING CLOSE TO THE SAME PAGE AS OTHER TRACKS WILL GIVE TCS ITS BEST CHANCE AT LURING OTHER DRIVERS AND INCREASING CAR COUNTS. THERE ARE NUMBER OF LATE MODEL GUYS WHO RUN STEEL BLOCKS IN THE UMP LATE MODELS, WHO ARE KINDA OUT DOLLARED AT THE FULL BLOWN UMP TRACKS. THIS WILL GIVE THEM ANOTHER OPTION OF WHERE TO RUN AND BE MORE COMPETITIVE.

I BELIEVE THE MODIFIEDS AND SPORTSMAN WILL FAIR WELL ALSO.

I KNOW 2 TRACKS AND AN ASSOCIATION WHO NEED TO TAKE A LOOK AT THE CURRENT TREND OF SPORTSMAN PAYOUTS.

TCS
MCS
B-TOWN
FREDERICKTOWN
GODFREY

ALL PAY AT LEAST $300 TO WIN SPORTSMAN. NOT SURE ABOUT HIGHLAND. BELLEVILLE PAYS $200 AND I55 $250. WHATS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE? ESPECIALLY WHERE I55 IS CONCERNED. THEY NEED TO GET WITH IT, OR THE DRIVERS NEED TO GIVE THEM A WAKE UP CALL......J/M/O

And also the rule book we get from NASCAR is nothing like the rules of the track,,,if we run NASCAR,,we should run the NASCAR rules,,not what the track wants,,,,also the rule book we get is not for dirt,,lol is for a late model stock car divison!!

LET ME EXplain so DEVIL can UNDERSTAND,,,OK DEVIL come to your kindergarden class this is your first day,,,what i was trying to say is if you run Nascar All the rules should be nascar,,or why even give us the rule book,,,you dont see UMP running another racing programs rules!!!! OK DEVIL come tommorow,,for lesson # 2!!!!!

lol

lol......ok pit(dennis)ill agree with that,point i was trying to make was...octoberfest rules were close nuff to the others that it made a very big difference in the count that night!Especially in the bombers/ss class!It wouldnt have been a reach that night to have 30 cars there...i know of 4 that stayed home because of bad information!

UH could it be that most of the tracks were done for the seaon,,that the car count was the way it was?????JUST ASKING:D

lol

Not in the class im speaking of......those were all legit cars that could and would run there on a nightly basis with the riules they had in place that nighht!

Back