UMP to remain the same for 2005!

Revin

I just came back from the PRI show in Indy, I was told by the UMP
officials that UMP will remain the same for the 2005 season! This is
good news for all of the area tracks!! Also Tri-City will be a UMP
sanctioned track for 2005 and they confirmed our UMP summernationals
date July 17th and our Challenge of Champions date June 19th.
This is great news! We will have our 2005 schedule out shortly.
Thanks to everyone for your patience.

Kevin Gundaker
G&G Motorsports

TCS will be running on Sunday!!

Thanks Kevin. Appreciate the info. Good luck in your new venture. We have always loved to watch you race and we will be at Tri-City to see some of your shows!

Amy

Great news Kevin. Thank you for updating the situation involving UMP. I figured it wouldn't change much because Kenny Schrader wouldn't want to have this effect his own track.

Fantastic news? Worried about spelling? Get your heads out of the sand and read what was written!

RRRKKK
One Star Member

"Well just got home from PRI and everyone I spoke with doesen't really know anything. The UMP people are under the assumption they are to proceed as last year. But there is nothing anywhere in writing. There will need to be a tachometer installed at Bob Memmers grave site as he is surely spinning in his grave."

The key line: there is nothing anywhere in writing. People, someone is blowing smoke up your butts! There are serious issues here, and all you wanna hear is the b.s. these bigwigs are dishing out.

I was told by a friend that IMCA bought out the UMP mods.....????? anyone heard something of the same??

im sure its just a rumor that has been magnified by a million.... but just seein if anyone else heard this to.....

Ridinthecushion said:
I was told by a friend that IMCA bought out the UMP mods.....????? anyone heard something of the same??

im sure its just a rumor that has been magnified by a million.... but just seein if anyone else heard this to.....
That would be too good. Racers ought to compare the 2 and see what the differences would be. Pro's and Con's!

Why is everyone so damn interested in changing UMP mods to match some other sanction?? Do you not realize that we have some of the best modified action right here in Missouri????

And by the way, I trust what Kevin Gundaker and Jimmy Dearing say way above the post Befuddled or RRRKKK say.

Also, do you think I-55 (Kenny Schrader's track) would set up a partial 2005 schedule if they didn't know what was going on??? Everyone should realize that everything is going to stay the same if I-55 already has UMP Summernationals schedule, and show UMP modifieds being support for the April sprints.

All due respect moonflow because you're probably right. But, with the goings on this off season so far, you never know.:D

The IMCA buying the modified portion of UMP is a widespread rumor. I'm not so sure that Lawton and IMCA didn't start it themselves. They've wanted to snuff what they see as the UMP problem for a long time. I just hope that Boundless doesn't ever sell out anything to those people. They started the modifieds, but everything they have done since 1984 has hurt them.

Boundless is more interested in acquiring rather than selling, so I don't think you'll have to worry about that.

laynejw said:
The IMCA buying the modified portion of UMP is a widespread rumor. I'm not so sure that Lawton and IMCA didn't start it themselves. They've wanted to snuff what they see as the UMP problem for a long time. I just hope that Boundless doesn't ever sell out anything to those people. They started the modifieds, but everything they have done since 1984 has hurt them.
Isn't the Boone Nationals an IMCA show? The one where they get over 700 cars? If so they must be doing something right. I've never heard of a UMP show getting that many or even close.

Back