UMP trying to kill another race track??

big swigg

Just curious on everyone's thoughts... I'm sure Al will have a few choice words...
image.png

This is nothing new.. Why do you think I-55 does not have any Lucas shows. World Racing Group has teh World of Outlaw Late Models, so if you are a UMP track, they expect you to run WoO Late Model show instead of Lucas.

If their sanctioning fee would be more in line with what Lucas Oil charges, perhaps they would have more tracks willing to host the WoO late model series.

Grandfathered in....... That's laughable. Someone show me the grandfathered in rule.
Dirtcar just drew a line in the sand and someday someone's gonna cross it and hopefully bring everyone with them.

Threatening promotors....... The ump Dirtcar way.

Grandfathered in....... That's laughable. Someone show me the grandfathered in rule.
Dirtcar just drew a line in the sand and someday someone's gonna cross it and hopefully bring everyone with them.

Threatening promotors....... The ump Dirtcar way.
I agree! Time for the local track owners to protect one of their own and tell UMP if they get rid of brownstown well consider their tracks too!!!!

This is nothing new.. Why do you think I-55 does not have any Lucas shows. World Racing Group has teh World of Outlaw Late Models, so if you are a UMP track, they expect you to run WoO Late Model show instead of Lucas.
I agree to a point. But UMP allows other tracks to run lucas shows. Why pick on certain ones is my point. What do they play paper rock scissors to make a decision?

Rusty, could you explain what you said about the free pit passes? by the way it was cool to see you back behind the wheel of a modified again. thanks

Lucas gets more names id want to see than WoOlms. To hell with ump.

We need at least one track to jump off their wagon and bring more affordable class rules back.

Route 45 needed someone to do it with them, instead of against them. Guys didn't want to change their cars over and buy tires for one track. If fayette would have stayed fridays, and went USRA, i really think it would have worked well. UMP shouldn't be forcing these tracks to not run another touring series. Tracks are struggling and promoters need to be able to do what they gotta do to survive as well. Call their bluff Charlie, its not like the car counts have been huge for your weekly programs.

I'm just curious instead of a weekly show how about a couple Lucas oil shows and some other specials like sprints... I would think that with the cost and everything of a weekly show you could almost have special shows on certain Saturday's and probably make as much or more money and a lot less time

Ump will probably put Charlie on "double secret probation" since he posted something public about their behind the scenes bullying.
I'm curious what some of the ump lovers on here have to say about this move by ump.

Back