USRA Has The 2016 B-Mod Rules Posted

SCP

USRA has the 2016 B-mod rules posted on their website USRARACING.COM. I hope some other group takes a look before doing something "stupid"!

you mean like these rules As an option, for the 2015/2016/2017 season(s) , a “Steel Block/Steel Cylinder Head” engine may be used. This shall include: 1. Steel engine block, steel heads, 2. Chevrolet, Ford, and Dodge OEM Engines ONLY. Aftermarket blocks will not be permitted. A maximum of 360 cubic inches will be permitted for any steel engine. 3. The “Steel Block/Steel Cylinder Head” engine may only use one 500 CFM 4412 Holley unaltered carburetor is required. The local track rules reserve the right for carburetors to be claimed and/or changed (i.e. “exchanged”) for competitive analysis and/or inspection. Choke horns may be removed. 4. Only flat tappet type cams and lifters will be permitted. In 2016 and 2017 Roller rocker arms and/or any type of roller components will not be permitted. 5. Note: this engine option may not be permitted at all tracks. In the event this engine is not an option, track officials will determine the eligibility for a “Steel Block / Steel Cylinder Head” Engine. The weight penalties for the “Steel Block / Steel Cylinder Head” Engine must be applied in every application. 6. Overall vehicle weight will increase by 100 pounds each year, for cars using this engine option. The weights shall be: 2015- 2500 pounds, 2016

after reading the open motor rules looks to me like they used the ALLIED sportsman engine rules verbatim--

after reading the open motor rules looks to me like they used the ALLIED sportsman engine rules verbatim--

Sort of except for the carburetor adapter/spacer rule, compression rule(9.5:1), cylinder head rules(76cc chambers) which are different and silly because they will be too difficult for them to check, The Allied Sportsman engine rules make a lot more sense. As you said; banning roller rockers is silly as is banning a stud girdle. They say "stock-type stamped steel" on the rockers but they don't specify that those rockers must come from the engine on which they are being used.....

Dave--I have a 500 holly on the 27 car now--since I do not plan on running b-mod (if I race at all)I have a 600 holly 4 barell--do you think it would work or not flow enough??

Dave--I have a 500 holly on the 27 car now--since I do not plan on running b-mod (if I race at all)I have a 600 holly 4 barell--do you think it would work or not flow enough??

A 500 two barrel flows about 70% of a 500 four barrel or 350cfm when rated as a four barrel so a 600 would be 1.7 times larger. With the larger carburetor you'll pick up torque so you'll need to run past peak power much less with the four barrel. If you're running to 7200rpm and running past peak by 1200rpm with the 4412 I would try shooting for about the same RPM with the 600 which it should do with less gear/go faster.

@ 7200 my old 350 would end up as a basket of parts--my main issue was not leaning the motor out--thanks ..have a great holiday

ANY rule change from ump from last year would be real stupid. This class has grown tremendously in the last year or so MORE THAN ANY OTHER and has a lot of people excited about it! Changing rules right now as people are building cars would define the reason people get discouraged and leave the sport out of frustration. Jmo

ANY rule change from ump from last year would be real stupid. This class has grown tremendously in the last year or so MORE THAN ANY OTHER and has a lot of people excited about it! Changing rules right now as people are building cars would define the reason people get discouraged and leave the sport out of frustration. Jmo

Get ready.. from what I've heard it's coming.. and several people will no longer be at UMP tracks because of it.

^F40 Do you own a car, drive a car, help with a car, anything? You are the most annoying thing about this entire website. really, you should exercise some humility and stop getting on here and commenting on every issue that you're not even a part of.

Last edited:
and yes I did work on a car back in the 70s a super mod you back the day no major sanction tires either harder than a rock or motor with very little power

I understand they want to establish some rules to keep the cost down. Totally understandable. But need to be careful doing so..roller rockers are as much or more a dependability option over a performance issue. I know you can run a little more lift in your cam with RRs but I believe a chip rule would alleviate most of those concerns and still allow the racers to have a good dependable part that isn't going to break halfway thru the season. Again, that class grew like wildfire last year,,what happened to "if it's not broke than don't fix it"??

but what should happen if they go over the chip the rule suspend , take away prize money possibly have to move up

Back