USRA Meeting

H7RACING

Does anyone know how things went during the USRA meeting the other night?

After all the crap i talked i wasnt able to attend but was told by someone who did that USRA is trying to get a meeting set up next week for promoters only. Also that the tracks are concerned that if they do switch sanctions they are afraid drivers will go run tracks that are UMP sanctioned and not run their track with the USRA sanction. Was told if we want UMP out the drivers need to start a big push to do that and make it a huge push because from their understanding not very many promoters are happy at all with UMP. So in reality it sounds like it really is up to the drivers to make it happen. Was aslo told not one promoter from the St.Louis area tracks showed up but one and it was the Route 45 promoter. Just as i had suspected all along. If that is true it shows me the promoters in this area are content with UMP and we will have a hard time getting rid of UMP.

Route 45 Raceway is in Flora, IL, at 7003 Hickory Hill Lane, Flora, IL 62839 Lots of St. Louis drivers race there.

Im so glad i got this idiot blocked but i can tell by Ms.Cummins post who she was responding about! I thought Jimmy D already warned this idiot once? Guess he didnt get the hint!

The meeting was an informational meeting. It was simply that. Todd Stayley, president of USRA and USMTS gave information on the series and fielded questions. USRA is very interested in this area and would like to pick up some classes at local tracks. Tracks do not have to be completely sanctioned by their organization. They are focused on Modifieds, Bmod, hobby stock and street stock. This is the only 4 divisions under their banner. This meeting was organized by LOCAL RACERS and 3 tracks along with a promotion company who holds events at 4-5 tracks were represented.

So let's say they go USRA, where does that leave the late models? I highly doubt UMP goes out lightly on this. So where do you go from there? IMCA? I have no dog in the fight really because I don't live there anymore but this is something that's been talked about for years.

What I'm getting at CMR92 is do you really think UMP is just going to sit quietly and sanction 1 class at tracks where they've had every class for over a decade or more?

UMP his shit in their nest,,,,Driggars was setting in parking lot spying,,,,he really should have attended,,Maybe he would of seen the light

I was told by one promoter that attended there were only two promoters there.

There was no Sargent or CILTRAK there.

UMP his shit in their nest,,,,Driggars was setting in parking lot spying,,,,he really should have attended,,Maybe he would of seen the light
Hope USRA gets in this area. Up to the drivers to make the push. All in or fold. Driggars and UMP all about lining their pockets. Remember when UMP had the racer in mind? Before the jack-offs at World Group brought it!

Back